A Joint TLR-GATO Announcement

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Greg23' timestamp='1317926850' post='2818721'] it is also immoral to do the 5 vs 1 with 2 guys feeding ammo. However, like I said, Bob has no room for morals so bring in more so this war explodes.[/quote]

Well that's just misleading. X guys on X has little to no relation to Cyberverse. If anything, when we have 1 alliance fighting 5 others, then if their NS is equal, the side with single alliance is the stronger one because of ease of organization. I know FA win the wars, but not literally. It really doesn't matter which side has more MoFA's.
As for now, Legion still retains NS advantage over their enemies.

TLR-GATO part in your analogy I shan't touch, as it'd hurt my agenda. :v:

[quote name='Beau Vine' timestamp='1317928086' post='2818739']
Well that's just misleading. X guys on X has little to no relation to Cyberverse. If anything, when we have 1 alliance fighting 5 others, then if their NS is equal, the side with single alliance is the stronger one because of ease of organization. I know FA win the wars, but not literally. It really doesn't matter which side has more MoFA's.
As for now, Legion still retains NS advantage over their enemies.

TLR-GATO part in your analogy I shan't touch, as it'd hurt my agenda. :v:
[/quote]
Well yeah I was just going off the analogy that was made. [OOC]Obviously 1v5 fight in RL the 1 guy is screwed just cause 3 guys will hold him down while 2 beat him.[/OOC] On bob the 1 has a much easier coordination effort, even if it is Legion doing the coordination.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1317878342' post='2818044']
Welcome to the Shifting Sands Resort. Population: TLR.
[/quote]
This is from a few pages ago, but I couldn't pass it up.

I think you mean [url=http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Shady_Sands]Shady Sands[/url]. :v:

Also props as always to TLR for proving once again the loyalty of C&G to their allies.

In this thread current and former GATO and IAA members going at each other like we never met. I am disappoint.

But this is the OWF where anything is possible and happens.

Good luck out there IAA, we're behind you.

Edited by Laserwolf

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1317876617' post='2817917']
If NsO couldn't handle themselves they should have sat out, and if IAA is too decrepit to do this without your money, they should have thought about things harder.

Good job catching the taint so fast, GATO.
[/quote]

Supporting allies is about helping friends because they are your friends not because they aren't tough enough to handle it themselves.

I don't know about you, but if someone hits a friend of mine, I don't stand around asking questions, I just step in, that's just me though

[quote name='Laserwolf' timestamp='1317933036' post='2818834']
In this thread current and former GATO and IAA members going at each other like we never met. I am disappoint.

But this is the OWF where anything is possible and happens.

Good luck out there IAA, we're behind you.
[/quote]
GATOans know I still love em<3 Also do you count me as former-GATO or former-IAA?

[quote name='Mandellav' timestamp='1317905349' post='2818380']
IAA understood why that couldn't happen and remains close allies to us, why can't you? IAA still had our support for defending their allies and honoring their treaties. I always have respect for those that honor treaties. Non-chaining clauses, however, do exist for a reason. But no one can claim that =LOST=, Athens, and GR did not follow treaties in those conflicts.
[/quote]

I would argue that non-chaining treaties exist to prevent one from having to send aid to an ally that oA'd into a fight for an anime alliance.

Either way, I was responding to your statement that IAA always has your support, but there should be an asterisk to that statement.

*IAA will always have TLR's support except when we activate our non-chaining clause.

[quote name='Greg23' timestamp='1317936673' post='2818905']
GATOans know I still love em<3 Also do you count me as former-GATO or former-IAA?
[/quote]
My first answer is 'Yes'. :P

My other answer is, you will always be a GATO workhorse. How many positions did you hold and I appoint you too?

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1317891919' post='2818267']
heh another growing conflict that Schatt just posts about while trying to act mighty hut just comes across as a smug dip!@#$. All is as expected.[/quote]
You should take the plunge and start wearing a Schattenmann Fanclub sig if you're always going to talk about [i]me [/i]instead of ideas.

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1317891919' post='2818267']
Also I fail to recall so many of these voices making fun of those who dogpiled GOONS and ended up being smoked.
[/quote]
The situations are not the same. GOONS aggressively attacked an alliance--it doesn't matter which--without any reason at all, the response to your attack was defensive and foreseeable. Legion is attacking an alliance whose government spied on it.

[quote name='Dark Temptation' timestamp='1317920225' post='2818634']
Nah, my point was more the fact that though it is unfortunate that Tetris pushed Legion to that point, to be an ally of Tetris and just stand by and watch is unacceptable. The world of CN doesn't revolve around universal morals, it revolves around the morality of friendships.

"I don't care what my friend did to hurt you, if he would die for me, and I for him, you're fighting us both. Period."

The sooner people realize that, the easier this is going to be, and the faster the intra-webz-lawyering !@#$%^&* goes out the window.

edit - typo.
[/quote]
The opposite is true. The "politics" of friendship is a pseudonym and a retardation of any and everything that can happen, and is a perversion of the natural state of this world and alliances, which is political. So long as people fail to run their political organizations--alliances--as political organizations instead of running them like Women's Circles, then they will never realize their own potential and Digiterra will never realize its full potential.
A system of treaties that produces results like this is broken: Legion => Invicta => Europa => GOONS

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1317940143' post='2818957']
I would argue that non-chaining treaties exist to prevent one from having to send aid to an ally that oA'd into a fight for an anime alliance.

Either way, I was responding to your statement that IAA always has your support, but there should be an asterisk to that statement.

*IAA will always have TLR's support except when we activate our non-chaining clause.
[/quote]

Even when we utilize our non-chaining clause, we support them in the back channels. :)

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1317956351' post='2819273']
Even when we utilize our non-chaining clause, we support them in the back channels. :)
[/quote]

Good for you champ!

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1317955581' post='2819259']
The situations are not the same. GOONS aggressively attacked an alliance--it doesn't matter which--without any reason at all, the response to your attack was defensive and foreseeable. Legion is attacking an alliance whose government spied on it.
[/quote]
Do tell. whats Legions CB? reposting crap from CNTel?

[quote name='Laserwolf' timestamp='1317955120' post='2819249']
My first answer is 'Yes'. :P

My other answer is, you will always be a GATO workhorse. How many positions did you hold and I appoint you too?
[/quote]
Appointed congress
Pulled from congress
Appointed MoF
Pulled from MoF
Appointed MoDa
Discovered sgummo and made him a boss while being a diplomat to multiple alliances, working with random jobs in MoD and MoF, revamped the roster and other stuff. That was a real fun month or two. Burnt me out big time.

And holy hell sir sci! The peaceful NOAH was too long ago buddy.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1317958441' post='2819318']
Do tell. whats Legions CB? reposting crap from CNTel?[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong (with a link, preferably), but snapshots in question were never on CNTel in the first place.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1317958441' post='2819318']
Do tell. whats Legions CB? reposting crap from CNTel?
[/quote]
Riddle me this: A malcontent in Olympus sends me screenshots of Olympus' forums, or he sends them to my buddy ChairmanHal and Hal sends them to me, then I post them on the OWF. Are you telling me that Olympus cares whether I am [i]the [/i]spy or not?

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1317994716' post='2819651']
Riddle me this: A malcontent in Olympus sends me screenshots of Olympus' forums, or he sends them to my buddy ChairmanHal and Hal sends them to me, then I post them on the OWF. Are you telling me that Olympus cares whether I am [i]the [/i]spy or not?
[/quote]

They might blow you up either way, but it doesn't mean you spied.
The CB still isn't spying, it's dissemenation of information. Spin it however you want, but continuing to say Tetris spied is both inaccurate and an attempt to use that little buzzword to make what they did worse than what actually occured.

You're better than that Schatt. Don't obscure the truth

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1317994716' post='2819651']
[/quote]
Furthermore, say instead of presenting them in a respectful or satirical style as is your normal modus operandi, you instead accompany them with hamfisted "come at me bro" logic in a sheer attempt to provoke them.

All while hiding behind the fact that, in case of a war, the treaties would break better for CoJ than for Olympus.

To respond above, spying has been a catch-all term for acquisition and dissemination of private information for a long time now. Just because someone wasn't actively SSing it on the forums or hacking their way in doesn't mean they didn't spy.

Edited by deth2munkies