A Joint TLR-GATO Announcement

[quote name='Jtkode' timestamp='1318210551' post='2821839']
Ummm... CB is what the game revolves around, without CB there is anarchy.
[/quote]

Oh I understand that there has to be some reason for war to ignite it but after that it's usually activate what treaties are necessary to kill who you want to kill. Since we have seen none f that this war and it has mostly been just allies helping allies I think it's safe to say no one cares about Polar. I knew at least we don't. Like I said, if we did we would already be in forcing Polar's hand.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]I think it's safe to say no one cares about Polar. I knew at least we don't. Like I said, if we did we would already be in forcing Polar's hand. [/quote]

I guess we just have to see how the war turns out then eh? :P

[quote name='Jtkode' timestamp='1318210929' post='2821841']
I guess we just have to see how the war turns out then eh? :P
[/quote]

We're fine where we're at. I don't foresee any reason to get any further involved so long as Legion's allies stay where they are at. So I guess how this thing ends is pretty much up to the people fighting now.

[quote]We're fine where we're at. I don't foresee any reason to get any further involved so long as Legion's allies stay where they are at. So I guess how this thing ends is pretty much up to the people fighting now. [/quote]

Here here, a good ole CN brawl

So what story are we going with now? Aiding to help IAA crush Legion. Aiding IAA so they can die in a blaze of glory. Aiding IAA to get Polar and company to act. Aiding IAA to defeat Polars allies one at a time so GATO can attack Polar later. I am having a hard time keeping the story straight. Poor GATO ODN got its redemption, Legion is getting its redemption and here you are flailing about desperately looking for yours, pretending you have any decision in what is going on around you. Now go back into your corner and maybe TRL will give you a cookie and a promise that some day you to can sit at the adults table.

Edited by The Big Bad

I mean no one cares that your aiding the 5 IAA nations at war. Seriously when IAA rode to war and TLR and GATO gave them aid, 1) no one would probably notice and 2) no one would give a !@#$. Hell I'm doing a tech deal with an IAAer, so Im aiding them sooo should I post myself a DoS?

No, see you could have gone unnoticed with the aid, no one needs to know, no one cares. Same with if Legion was being aided by polar, no one would care and no one would then declare on polar. The ONLY reason you made this DoS was to try and flex some muscles, pull up the big boy pants, and bait in some allies.

Edited by Greg23

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1318212892' post='2821859']
So what story are we going with now? Aiding to help IAA crush Legion. Aiding IAA so they can die in a blaze of glory. Aiding IAA to get Polar and company to act. Aiding IAA to defeat Polars allies one at a time so GATO can attack Polar later. I am having a hard time keeping the story straight. Poor GATO ODN got its redemption, Legion is getting its redemption and here you are flailing about desperately looking for yours, pretending you have any decision in what is going on around you. Now go back into your corner and maybe TRL will give you a cookie and a promise that some day you to can sit at the adults table.
[/quote]

I don't know what stories you've been hearing, but all this is, is GATO aiding our oldest friend (that stayed our friend) the IAA. Ulterior motives are out of the picture. You can draw any political posturing or maneuvering you want from it, but that's on your own time. And trust me when I say that GATO does not need redemption from anything, past or present. Your view of the oldest alliance CN knows honestly has zero relevance. You can feel as big as you want throwing criticism around, but it won't equate to a comma in the volumes of The Global Alliance's history.

[quote name='Greg23' timestamp='1318214343' post='2821889']
I mean no one cares that your aiding the 5 IAA nations at war. Seriously when IAA rode to war and TLR and GATO gave them aid, 1) no one would probably notice and 2) no one would give a !@#$. Hell I'm doing a tech deal with an IAAer, so Im aiding them sooo should I post myself a DoS?

No, see you could have gone unnoticed with the aid, no one needs to know, no one cares. Same with if Legion was being aided by polar, no one would care and no one would then declare on polar. The ONLY reason you made this DoS was to try and flex some muscles, pull up the big boy pants, and bait in some allies.
[/quote]

Heh, you need to read the OP again.

[quote name='deth2munkies' timestamp='1318202642' post='2821763']
As stupid a move as this would be, there is precedent for preemptive strikes on allies.

It's still stupid, and I still don't agree with it, but there is precedent.
[/quote]

Please, once again, bring it.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1318203007' post='2821765']
This isn't about baiting Polar, it's just a tasty side-dish. I'd say the embarassment is already in the hands of any of Legion's allies, who know a retaliation anywhere will bring down upon them the end of the war. We're not trying to bully anyone, we're just realistic about our expectations for what'd happen. We're backing our ally, and you're throwing a tantrum over it.
[/quote]

There is no embarrassment on our part. I am quite content with the current status of the war, because Legion is. The fact that Tetris, NSO, NsO, IAA, and BTA cannot outmatch Legion is an embarrassment. The fact that an alliance which the entire cyberverse has constantly and consistently made fun of for being awful at war is giving those same alliances a very difficult time in war is an embarrassment.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1318207487' post='2821806']
After Polar just sat back watching both UINE and UPN get told to sit down and shut up, do you really think someone is going to try and roll Polar through an ally? Besides, Admin knows I couldn't care less about Polar, and neither could any of our allies. I know this might come as a shock, but as it turns out, when I posted things making fun of Legion, the purpose was to [i]make fun of Legion[/i]. Really. That's seriously all it is, was, or ever will be, and repeating yourselves a thousand times over won't change the truth of the matter.
[/quote]

Polaris honors her treaties. Polaris also acts with intelligence. In the case of UINE, which I have explained before, UINE was clearly 100% in the wrong, however we continued to assist them in securing peace and rebuilding after the war. We chose not to come to their defense militarily first because they did not request it, second because it was entirely the wrong war for both sides to fight, and third because it would not have ended favorably for Polaris or for UINE, so with that there was no need for it to escalate. With UPN, Polaris was completely prepared to go to war for UPN, despite both our alliances acknowledging that they were in the wrong. However, UPN decided to act very bravely and fight alone, without bringing in allies to another losing war. I and Polaris respect that decision and their request for us to stay out of the war. And now with Legion, know that Polaris is again ready to defend our ally, should it be requested of us. But to this point, no request from Legion has been made for us to go to war. Should the circumstances of the war change, that could change as well, but for now Legion have no need for us in the war, so they have not requested our help. We honor their request by not blindly shooting into the field.

[quote name='magicninja'][color=#1C2837][size=2]TBH I don't care about any CB. Does anyone? Once the fighting starts just activate a treaty imo. I just don't give a !@#$ enough about Polar to make them come out of hiding. I don't know if anybody does. I care enough about IAA to give them some aid since, yes let's face it, they are not in top form. Whether they win or lose I'm proud of them for wanting to help out their protectorate even when things were not perfect.[/quote][/size][/color]
[color=#1C2837][size=2]
[/size][/color]
[color=#1C2837][size=2]If you don't give a !@#$ about Polaris, and you don't want us to 'come out of hiding', why do you keep telling us to come out of hiding?[/size][/color]

[quote name='Greg23' timestamp='1318214343' post='2821889']

[/quote]
Hi, Greg!

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1318204251' post='2821775']
I am not throwing a tantrum over it I am laughing at it and you. Legion is winning a war. That just does not happen. Your ally is going to be far far far worse off for this war, that is if they even stay together. Legions allies are also laughing because if Legion had been attacked by alliances that were not completely failing at warfare they would have had to enter. Now they do not. You have sent an ally to its death, failed to draw in Polar, handed Legion a PR victory, a military victory and made yourself look like complete fools. Yeah its that bad. One of Planet Bobs biggest cluster $%&@ alliances has made you look like idiots. Way to reach out and grab that Worst Alliance Ever crown right back from Legion.
[/quote]

Just from an outside point of view, you might like to read the topic title. Luckily it's at the top of each page so you don't even need to read the OP. You see, it's a joint GATO-TLR announcement.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1318196050' post='2821725']
[...] In fact drag the rest of C&G in along with you. [b]Except TLR, I like them.[/b]
[/quote]

You're proving there's no substance to your argument. Just a deep hatred for GATO. Join the queue.

Reading through the posts, all i see is a bunch of rhetoric.

[quote]We will continue to support IAA and we will support them in their war against Legion. We will aid their nations as they fight and as they win.[/quote]

» GATO & TLR support IAA
» GATO & TLR will provide aid to IAA

People are getting riled up, beating their chest and making petty off-hand comments. There is nothing dignified about intentionally misinterpreting the motivation of alliances, nor is there any in posting arguments with no legitimate backing (although i gather a lot of you like to pretend you have it).

I trust it doesn't need to be simplified any further?

--
Ps. HAI IRON! <3

Edited by Frederico Rodriguez

GATO clearly have some affection for IAA and that's cool. IAA is currently being led (or cajoled/lied to/manipulated) by a lunatic.

Of the nations fighting us at least one has stated that the war is wrong and they will not fight (I believe he imediately surrendered). It's a side show. In the interests of the accuracy of the stats thread/spreadsheet it might be a good idea to remove IAA from it. That will give a clearer picture of what's happening.

Edited by Sabcat

[quote name='Frederico Rodriguez' timestamp='1318248845' post='2822102']
Sorry we don't have strong enough pixels for you.
Talking online smack, now that makes you a real tough cookie.
[/quote]

Only a sissy would think that makes someone tough. However, saying tough cookie really shows you are in touch with your feminine side.

[quote name='Frederico Rodriguez' timestamp='1318250113' post='2822116']
I believe our motto is Strength in Unity, Honour in Justice.

But GATO is known for being very accepting people, to hell with personal insecurities! You should join up! :D
[/quote]
I take it you have personal insecurities, then?