A Joint TLR-GATO Announcement

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1317899293' post='2818339']
Except last war or any other war they end up opposite MK?
[/quote]

IAA understood why that couldn't happen and remains close allies to us, why can't you? IAA still had our support for defending their allies and honoring their treaties. I always have respect for those that honor treaties. Non-chaining clauses, however, do exist for a reason. But no one can claim that =LOST=, Athens, and GR did not follow treaties in those conflicts.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is ridiculous. NSO and Tetris mock legion and do everything to provoke a war, than when legion declares (doing the only right thing that they did for years), NSO-Tetris call their allies to fight the same alliance that they said was too incompetent.

I am not a moralist, but I never see anything as wrong as this in Bob's history. Shame on you. Shame on you.

You can write my worlds; things that are done this way will hunt you in the future.

[quote name='King Louis the II' timestamp='1317907078' post='2818387']
It is ridiculous. NSO and Tetris mock legion and do everything to provoke a war, than when legion declares (doing the only right thing that they did for years), NSO-Tetris call their allies to fight the same alliance that they said was too incompetent.

I am not a moralist, but I never see anything as wrong as this in Bob's history. Shame on you. Shame on you.

You can write my worlds; things that are done this way will hunt you in the future.
[/quote]
NSO hasn't called in any of our allies, genius. I see why you're in Sparta though.

[/quote]

Literally the most heinous atrocity in the history of Bob.

I hope you are happy now, anti-Legion :mad:

[/quote]

You know something is wrong when old timers are forced to cheer for Legion.

[/quote]

We didn't call anyone in.

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1317910090' post='2818430']
I'm glad we're off the hook!!
[/quote]
At least we can now beat Legion with a clear conscience.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1317910090' post='2818430']
I'm glad we're off the hook!!
[/quote]

It's been a long climb, but I'm glad GATO is finally back to prominence. Quite a while since we won an accolade but "most evil" will do nicely. Shame we gotta share it with TLR.

Edited by Laslo Kenez

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1317913393' post='2818507']
So does the fact that apparently only a small minority of IAA members actually authorized and are willing to carry out this war deter TLR-GATO's commitment?
[/quote]

Internal issues are up to IAA to sort out for themselves, but our commitment to those fighting is the same whether it be 5 or 100.

[/quote]

blah blah blah blah. That's all I got out of this. When did it become wrong for alliances to utilize the treaties that they hold? That is what they are there for like how we just utilized our MDoAP with IAA to send them financial aid. Please note that the defensive or offensive war articles did not come into play!

[/quote]

Wait, what? They're not allowed to call in allies for defensive assistance? Lets say an ally of Sparta did something Sparta did not agree with. How would you avoid these obligations?

[quote]IV. Defense
Should a signatory's drinking prowess be aggressively challenged by a third party, the other signatory [u]must[/u] provide necessary backup in the form of military, financial, diplomatic, and indeed alcoholic assistance.[/quote]

[quote]Article III.
In the event that one signatory comes under attack by a third party, the other signatory is [u]obligated[/u] to defend with [u]all[/u] military assets available. [/quote]

[quote]This is a non chaining [u]MD[/u]oAP with a 48 hour cancellation clause. We really hate writing treaties, so this is it. [/quote]

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1317915356' post='2818546']
blah blah blah blah. That's all I got out of this. When did it become wrong for alliances to utilize the treaties that they hold? That is what they are there for like how we just utilized our MDoAP with IAA to send them financial aid. Please note that the defensive or offensive war articles did not come into play!
[/quote]

You're being dense on purpose.

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1317890905' post='2818263']
alliances like yours have been used as pawns in a game of chess so many times, your nothing more then a means to an end, your little alliance picked a fight you had no hope what so ever of winning unless you called in back up, you was nothing more then a meat shield to start a war, bravo
[/quote]

Oh no I totally agree. We're all pawns in a much larger game. See you've got the right idea, but you're really just not even scratching the surface of the vast conspiracy unfolding right now. The true reason for posting those screenshots and this entire war is clearly...

[spoiler][IMG]http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/4363/10449860.jpg[/IMG][/spoiler]

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1317915915' post='2818559']
Wait, what? They're not allowed to call in allies for defensive assistance? Lets say an ally of Sparta did something Sparta did not agree with. How would you avoid these obligations?
[/quote]

Judging by his drivel and imbecile rants I highly doubt he even knows what treaty obligations is, nevermind individual clauses in a MDoAP.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1317916425' post='2818576']
Oh no I totally agree. We're all pawns in a much larger game. See you've got the right idea, but you're really just not even scratching the surface of the vast conspiracy unfolding right now. The true reason for posting those screenshots and this entire war is clearly...

[spoiler][IMG]http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/4363/10449860.jpg[/IMG][/spoiler]
[/quote]

It all makes sense now.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1317916251' post='2818569']
You're being dense on purpose.
[/quote]

Yes, Indeed!

What am I being dense about? The CB? How even or lopsided the war is? I don't care about any of that. My ally has become involved in this conflict and they needed financial aid so we are going to provide it.