[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1312843172' post='2775252']
Anyone else notice that the last four pages or so has basically devolved into fan fiction?
[/quote]
No, but I've noticed that the last thirty-five pages have devolved into utter horse!@#$.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1312836841' post='2775183']
Not quite. When they chose to take the terms public, they forced CSN to enforce them (when in reality if you had held on a week or two anyways you would have been fine and probably had less reps and taken less damage than you eventually did.) Of course, you got a PR victory. But let's not make this something it's not. DT and their allies forced the terms to be applied. Period. This is really common sense stuff here guys.
[/quote]

Not quite. Lets see if I can explain this in simpler terms for you. For arguments sake lets call the reps=a bomb...

So then we have CSN warring DT, DT wants peace, CSN says "sure, hold this bomb", DT says "OMG BOMB!"(the OWF topic), DT try to give back the bomb, CSN say "NOWAI, you keep it! Especially now that you told everyone we gave you a bomb!", DT gets stuck with the bomb and it blows up....and you Penkala are trying to say its DT's fault for crying out "BOMB!" and being blown up but the fact remains it was still CSN's choice to make DT retain ownership of it as DT tried to give it back(white peace etc).

So nice try and all, but the facts remain the facts and show you are incorrect.

Edited by chefjoe

The general undertone I see from Superfriends leaders in this thread is that there was nothing wrong with Xiphosis's years of insensible behavior, but rather that their only fault was the negative consequences it has brought on. In essence--to quote a common saying--they're not sorry that he did it; they're only sorry that he got caught. And therein lies the point. For years, they have been ardent and unrepentant apologists for Xiphosis's habitually insensible behavior. Only now, when the situation has become dangerous, have they stepped forward to address it.

It is likely unnecessary for me to say this, as it's something of which everyone in this thread is no doubt aware, but the opening of this question-and-answer session was certainly not an attempt by the Superfriends to open a dialogue. It was an attempt to salvage a highly-disadvantageous situation of their own making.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1312845443' post='2775286']
The general undertone I see from Superfriends leaders in this thread is that there was nothing wrong with Xiphosis's years of insensible behavior, but rather that their only fault was the negative consequences it has brought on. In essence--to quote a common saying--they're not sorry that he did it; they're only sorry that he got caught. And therein lies the point. For years, they have been ardent and unrepentant apologists for Xiphosis's habitually insensible behavior. Only now, when the situation has become dangerous, have they stepped forward to address it.

It is likely unnecessary for me to say this, as it's something of which everyone in this thread is no doubt aware, but the opening of this question-and-answer session was certainly not an attempt by the Superfriends to open a dialogue. It was an attempt to salvage a highly-disadvantageous situation of their own making, one brought on by years of misdeeds.
[/quote]

What are those years of misdeeds again? The most talked about grievance being talked about here seems to be about CSN's terms on DT.

[quote name='Diabloz' timestamp='1312845445' post='2775287']
This has turned into another thread of 'RV v.s OP' and 'Mj vs SF' <.<
[/quote]

Anyone who didnt see it coming needs their head examined.

Kudos to Ego for doing battle for so long and SOM for being reasonable as always :awesome:

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1312845597' post='2775288']
What are those years of misdeeds again? The most talked about grievance being talked about here seems to be about CSN's terms on DT.
[/quote]

Was nitpicking really the best you could do? Very well, I'll cut those seven words out and then you'll get the general point of the post.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1312848436' post='2775303']
Is nitpicking really the best you could do? Very well, I'll cut those six words out and then you'll get the general point of the post.
[/quote]

When most of your post is fluff going off of the original statement, I find it to be more productive to ask for clarity about said original statement.

Edit: Nice edit, but again fail to clarify exactly what that "insensible behavior" is. But, enjoy your vague and general statements with the additional fluff.

Edited by WarriorConcept

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1312848596' post='2775307']
When most of your post is fluff going off of the original statement, I find it to be more productive to ask for clarity about said original statement.
[/quote]

Your assessment is incorrect, as that was pretty much the least important bit in the entire post.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1312848830' post='2775313']
And your argument is lacking facts.
[/quote]

And you're too dense to discern the very obvious basis of the post, namely that Xiphosis ran insensibly roughshod for two years and was supported by his fellow signatories all the way.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1312848992' post='2775317']
And you're too dense to discern the very obvious basis of the post, namely that Xiphosis ran insensibly roughshod for two years and was supported by his fellow signatories all the way.
[/quote]

Then again, you base your argument off your original argument that Xiphosis was doing things incorrectly. I'm merely asking what those are. But I'm sure it's easier for your argument if you never have to cite specific events and cases.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1312849164' post='2775321']
Then again, you base your argument off your original argument that Xiphosis was doing things incorrectly. I'm merely asking what those are. But I'm sure it's easier for your argument if you never have to cite specific events and cases.
[/quote]

The proof is in the pudding, as they say.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1312849755' post='2775327']
Good copout.
[/quote]

It's interesting that you should speak of copouts, given that you're ignoring the obvious point in favor of attempts at nitpicking.

Edit: Whoops. It appears I missed this edit of yours:

[quote]Edit: Nice edit, but again fail to clarify exactly what that "insensible behavior" is. But, enjoy your vague and general statements with the additional fluff.
[/quote]

If you're really suggesting that I need to [i]prove[/i] that Xiphosis acts like a maniac on a routine basis, then it seems you've been living under a rock.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1312849945' post='2775330']
It's interesting that you should speak of copouts, given that you're ignoring the obvious point in favor of attempts at nitpicking.
[/quote]

Nitpicking? Asking you to prove your arguments is hardly nitpicking, but I'm sure how someone asking you for proof to back up your statements might annoy you.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1312850313' post='2775334']
Nitpicking? Asking you to prove your arguments is hardly nitpicking, but I'm sure how someone asking you for proof to back up your statements might annoy you.
[/quote]

It appears we've been going back and forth because I missed one of your edits. See above.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1312850362' post='2775337']
It appears we've been going back and forth because I missed one of your edits. See above.
[/quote]

Yet again, you fail to support your argument and instead retreat to another blanket statement. Sure sometimes Xiph gets heated like most people do, but I have yet to see any legitimate grievance in this entire thread other than planning for contingencies about IRON, misreading NoR's intentions in the past, and being asked by CSN once to participate in negotiations with DT.

Until people legitimately back up their complaints about Xiph I see no reason for the Entente to throw them to the wolves.

[color="#FF0000"]Person A:[/color] This thread was only started to improve Xiphosis' reputation after years of misdeads.

[color="#0000FF"]Person B:[/color] What were those misdeads?

[color="#FF0000"]Person A:[/color] Okay, I take it back. There were no misdeads. That's just a small part of my argument, anyway.

[color="#0000FF"]Person B:[/color] Actually, it's the only thing you said. What were his misdeads?

[color="#FF0000"]Person A:[/color] You are ignoring the crux of my argument!

[color="#0000FF"]Person B:[/color] Um ... ?

/Wash, rinse, repeat

Edited by Krack

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1312852096' post='2775354']
[color="#FF0000"]Person A:[/color] This thread was only started to improve Xiphosis' reputation after years of misdeads.

[color="#0000FF"]Person B:[/color] What were those misdeads?

[color="#FF0000"]Person A:[/color] Okay, I take it back. There were no misdeads. That's just a small part of my argument.

[color="#0000FF"]Person B:[/color] Actually, it's the only thing you said. What were his misdeads?

[color="#FF0000"]Person A:[/color] You are ignoring the crux of my argument!

[color="#0000FF"]Person B:[/color] Um ... ?

/Wash, rinse, repeat
[/quote]
Please, strawman harder. I don't think even xiphosis himself would deny that there were misdeeds*.

Edited by Sardonic