Imperial Assault Alliance Announcement

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Chimaera' timestamp='1311089061' post='2759240']
To be fair, it was apparent to the Empire that our treaty was already optional. My membership felt we would be left high and dry in a time of need if this treaty was kept, though we would have never done the same.
[/quote]

Really? :huh:

I would have fought and died for your alliance. I can't speak for anyone else but I'm sure many other Polars feel the same way.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1311095813' post='2759310']
Again you're putting words into people's mouths. I for a second, for an hour, for however long I want will tell you that I do not respect Polaris as a foe. I suspect many others will tell you the same. After all, what is there to respect? Their ability in war? Not in the least. Their aptitude at foreign affairs? Not at all. So what is there?

MK was probably the other main foe TOP has had in this game. Even in the deepest depths of our dislike for them, we always had significant respect for their abilities in war and for Archon's clear talent in foreign affairs (indeed, our respect for them (and theirs for us) was what led to our two alliances becoming treaty partners). What do we see in the Polaris of today? An international pariah whose government makes claims that the alliance's nations are being deliberately kept small so that the vast majority of them will continue to be out of the war range of most of our nations. Whoopety-doo.
[/quote]

If its not respect then its fear. Either way they clealy have a major effect on you.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1311112801' post='2759461']
If its not respect then its fear. Either way they clealy have a major effect on you.
[/quote]

You clearly have a knack for making statements that have no logic behind them.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Chimaera' timestamp='1311096770' post='2759328']
It wasn't my impression. It was my alliance's. I disagreed with them.

And no, I really didn't know that. Went off this thread's earlier posts. I apologize for my snark. I don't come around the OWF much anymore for a reason. :P
[/quote]

Heh. The Legion thing comes from the fact that since NPO cancelled on Legion 2 weeks ago, that then makes Legion NpO's official meatshield, rather than having torn (or pro-NPO) loyalties...

but hey, at least they still got Legion, amirite? What could go wrong?

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1311112801' post='2759461']
[/quote]
I've always seen it as pure unadulterated hatred, not respect nor fear.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1311082869' post='2759212']
Yes it does. Many alliances lack integrity you just fought a war beside many of them. You do not have to like Polar but, do not for one second tell me you do not respect them as a foe. Also its not like TOP is some bastion of intergrity. In fact most alliances are not, at least in the eyes of others.
[/quote]
Damned right, TBB.

Morality, integrity and self-righteous chest thumping have no place here.

This is Cybernations, not Sunday School.

EDIT: [syntax]

Edited by mmansfield68

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1311095813' post='2759310']
Again you're putting words into people's mouths. I for a second, for an hour, for however long I want will tell you that I do not respect Polaris as a foe. I suspect many others will tell you the same. After all, what is there to respect? Their ability in war? Not in the least. Their aptitude at foreign affairs? Not at all. So what is there? [/quote]
DRT = Dead. Right. There.

All credibility, lost.

The New Polar Order has been to the mountain top and looked down. Polaris has forgotten more about winning in Cybernations than 95% of all alliances that have ever graced Planet Bob. In terms of foreign affairs, Polaris were masters, just look at past treaty webs. Read the Wikis.

In war? Polar had few peers. Were they the best? Maybe, maybe not. But pound for pound, they held their own, and then some. Crymson, you're letting your hatred cloud reality.

[quote name='mmansfield68' timestamp='1311132381' post='2759626']
Polaris has forgotten more about winning in Cybernations than 95% of all alliances that have ever graced Planet Bob.
[/quote]
Isn't winning always the end goal of being on Planet Bob?

The New Polar Order has been to the mountain top and looked down. Polaris has forgotten more about winning in Cybernations than 95% of all alliances that have ever graced Planet Bob. In terms of foreign affairs, Polaris were masters, just look at past treaty webs. Read the Wikis.

In war? Polar had few peers. Were they the best? Maybe, maybe not. But pound for pound, they held their own, and then some. Crymson, you're letting your hatred cloud reality.
[/quote]
Polar was never great at war but to call them bad is a stretch, I agree. For a massmember alliance besides Fark, they do well for themselves.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1311134108' post='2759635']
Isn't winning always the end goal of being on Planet Bob?
[/quote]

Nope, the end goal is enjoying what time you have here with your friends, etc. before the world suddenly goes away. You can't beat Planet Bob.

All credibility, lost.

[/quote]
And you're letting your rosy memories of the BLEU era cloud reality, never once has NpO had a better than average performance in a war. [i]Maybe[/i] the best? Are you off your rocker? Prior to WotC they'd never had a war that required more than being present, then their first real test came along and they folded up like a wet paper bag.

NpO has enjoyed a couple periods of favor before either undermining their allies or throwing it all away in a fit of lunacy. The only thing they've been successful at is being an example of how to do spectacular implosions while taking no responsibility for their own condition.

[quote name='blueski' timestamp='1311134381' post='2759638']
And you're letting your rosy memories of the BLEU era cloud reality, never once has NpO had a better than average performance in a war. [i]Maybe[/i] the best? Are you off your rocker? Prior to WotC they'd never had a war that required more than being present, then their first real test came along and they folded up like a wet paper bag.

NpO has enjoyed a couple periods of favor before either undermining their allies or throwing it all away in a fit of lunacy. The only thing they've been successful at is being an example of how to do spectacular implosions while taking no responsibility for their own condition.
[/quote]

Yet the world revolves around us, well, us and NPO.

I wonder what people would do in cybeverse if we don't exist.

All credibility, lost.

[/quote]

Let's avoid talk about credibility and focus on separation from reality instead; it appears to be a condition you suffer greatly from.

Polar was excellent at doing well in wars in which it was on a side that vastly outstripped the other in quantity, in quality, or in both of those. The first time (post-GWI, which Polar's side lost, but which was in the very early stages of the life of every alliance) Polaris faced a larger force was in the War of the Coalition. In that war, Polaris put up an absolutely disgraceful fight. I have consistently claimed that the GPA fought better in the Woodstock Massacre than your alliance fought in the WotC. Numerous others who fought against Polaris in the latter have echoed my sentiments. True, they were vastly outnumbered, but their nations very often had no warchests--Polaris's MoD had a whopping $7m on hand, for example--and no idea how to fight. Accounts from the Bipolar War and the most recent war suggest that this has not changed since.

I'd not really call them masters of foreign affairs, either. More accurate would be to say that in the time between GWII and the WotC, Polar had enough treaties to make it threatening, but that its condescending and aggressive attitude made it many, many enemies. As allies dropped treaties with Polaris after being treated like garbage or after watching other allies be treated like garbage, Polaris became more and more isolated. Eventually Polar was stomped by a gigantic force. Polar's FA hasn't quite been roses since then, if you hadn't noticed. And though Sponge had his many faults, he was far more competent than any emperor the alliance has had since. In short, if your definition of FA master is applied across the web, then every alliance that was in both the WUT and the Continuum was absolutely genius in foreign affairs (and, by this measure, much more so than was Polaris). I don't think that's the case.

Even if the above weren't true, Polaris is indeed, in the present, one that warrants neither fear nor respect.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1311135780' post='2759646']
Let's avoid talk about credibility and focus on separation from reality instead; it appears to be a condition you suffer greatly from.

Your alliance was excellent at doing well in wars in which it was on a side that vastly outstripped the other in quantity, in quality, or in both of those. The first time (post-GWI, which your side lost, but which was in the very early stages of the game) in which you faced a larger force was in the War of the Coalition. In that war, your alliance put up an absolutely disgraceful fight. I have consistently claimed that the GPA fought better in the Woodstock Massacre than your alliance fought in the WotC. Numerous others who fought against Polaris in the latter have echoed my sentiments. True, you were vastly outnumbered, but your nations very often had no warchests--your MoD had a whopping $7m on hand, for example--and no idea how to fight. Accounts from the Bipolar War and the most recent war suggest that this has not changed since.

I'd not really call you masters of foreign affairs, either. More accurate would be to say that in the time between GWII and the WotC, your alliance had enough treaties to make it threatening, but that its condescending and aggressive attitude made it many, many enemies. As allies dropped treaties with Polaris after being treated like garbage or after watching other allies be treated like garbage, Polaris became more and more isolated. Eventually your alliance was stomped by a gigantic force. Your FA hasn't quite been roses since then, if you hadn't noticed. And though Sponge had his many faults, he was far more competent than any emperor you have had since. In short, if your definition of FA master is applied across the web, then every alliance that was in both the WUT and the Continuum was absolutely genius in foreign affairs (and, by this measure, much more so than was Polaris). I don't think that's the case.

Even if the above weren't true, your alliance is indeed, in the present, one that warrants neither fear nor respect.
[/quote]

Your hate let you so blind that you didn't realized that the guy is in Dark Templar, not in NpO.

You amuses me a lot sir, thank you.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1311136092' post='2759648']
Your hate let you so blind that you didn't realized that the guy is in Dark Templar, not in NpO.
[/quote]

You are correct. However, it doesn't change anything, aside from imbuing me with the task of changing "Your alliance" to "Polaris." That said, it's amusing that this is your only response to a post in which your alliance was truly slagged.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1311136392' post='2759650']
You are correct. However, it doesn't change anything, aside from imbuing me with the task of changing "Your alliance" to "Polaris." That said, it's amusing that this is your only response to a post in which your alliance was truly slagged.
[/quote]

I'll not waste my time arguing with you about Polaris, I have better things to do with my time. Keep mumbling about how Polaris is awful, as I said, amuses me watch it.

Edited by D34th

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1311137045' post='2759659']
I'll not waste my time arguing with you about Polaris, I have better things to do with my time. Keep mumbling about how Polaris is awful, as I said, amuses me watch it.
[/quote]

I really hoped this thread wasn't going to turn into another TOP/NpO thread either. Maybe a thread just needs to be made so people can talk about that.

Something more on topic with the OP would be a question like, does the (not so) secret Fark/NpO treaty upgrade have anything to do with the downgrade on IAA's part?

:unsure:

[quote name='Chalaskan' timestamp='1311137433' post='2759661']
I really hoped this thread wasn't going to turn into another TOP/NpO thread either. Maybe a thread just needs to be made so people can talk about that.

Something more on topic with the OP would be a question like, does the (not so) secret Fark/NpO treaty upgrade have anything to do with the downgrade on IAA's part?

:unsure:
[/quote]

I couldn't agree with you more Chalaskan.
The answer to your question is maybe. Not from this side of the ledger though.

[quote name='Chalaskan' timestamp='1311137433' post='2759661']
[/quote]

To every thread that mentions Polar stop to turn into a TOP/NpO thread you need tell to Crymson to stop to grumble in it and I don't see that happening and even if that happened I don't think that Crymson would obey.