Imperial Assault Alliance Announcement

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1311049358' post='2758965']
You sure fell in line with Valhalla in a hurry, didn't you?
[/quote]

Yes. Because it's not possible that he could have possibly held his own opinion on something. :rolleyes:

Always sad to see a long lasting friendship end. IAA is one classy alliance, and im sure they'll do well in their future endeavors.

Polaris.. good luck.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Paxis' timestamp='1311056605' post='2759081']
Why all the Polar hate? :huh:

Anyways, best of luck in your travels IAA!
[/quote]
Long version or the short?

[quote name='brokenhead' timestamp='1311053191' post='2759021']
We brought on ourselves by.... not being popular? Ok. I'm glad the CB has already been printed, waiting in your sweaty little pocket.
[/quote]

lol no, Polaris may wish to believe the above but the truth is it will have been brought on by you being lying two faced pieces of !@#$ who have screwed so many people on Bob that you find yourselves isolated, castrated and irrelevant other then to fuel arguments regarding your past misdeeds.

Oh and im pretty sure the CB will be '$%&@ you and die' :blush:

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1311041189' post='2758891']
IAA? Sure. They're steadfast friends and defenders to their allies. I'll leave my opinion of the other unsaid.

That's a bold statement. There are many who have zero respect for Polaris because of the latter's absolute lack of integrity. Does that qualify them as fools?
[/quote]

Yes it does. Many alliances lack integrity you just fought a war beside many of them. You do not have to like Polar but, do not for one second tell me you do not respect them as a foe. Also its not like TOP is some bastion of intergrity. In fact most alliances are not, at least in the eyes of others.

[quote name='SpoiL' timestamp='1311079039' post='2759188']
Was NpO and GATO embarrassing themselves really necessary here?
[/quote]

It's been a while since we agreed, old friend. That SoADarthCyfe6 person is especially putting some extra effort into looking even dumber than he really is.

Best of luck to Polar and IAA in what was obviously an amicable separation. The rest of the thread is hilarious.

[quote]IAA? Sure. They're steadfast friends and defenders to their allies. I'll leave my opinion of the other unsaid.[/quote]

This, though, was my favorite line. Obviously, if it's been said hundreds, nay, thousands of times, perhaps it can finally be left "unsaid."

I also liked:

[quote]Oh and im pretty sure the CB will be '$%&@ you and die'[/quote]

Well done, CJ. I like.

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1311080213' post='2759199']
lol no, Polaris may wish to believe the above but the truth is it will have been brought on by you being lying two faced pieces of !@#$ who have screwed so many people on Bob that you find yourselves isolated, castrated and irrelevant other then to fuel arguments regarding your past misdeeds.

Oh and im pretty sure the CB will be '$%&@ you and die' :blush:
[/quote]

Tell us how you really feel!

:awesome:

To be fair, it was apparent to the Empire that our treaty was already optional. My membership felt we would be left high and dry in a time of need if this treaty was kept, though we would have never done the same.

This was not my choice, and I am upset about the end of a long and prosperous friendship, but the Empire and the Order must go their separate ways. Indeed, the very fact that a few poorly-chosen words in this topic has created such a fuss between our alliances has been more than enough indication to me that my alliance was for once correct when I was not.

Good luck, Polars. Many of you I consider close friends, and I hope that relationship remains.

I am very sorry you picked Legion as your replacement partner, though. Couldn't it have been someone more competent, like...anyone?

[quote name='Frederico Rodriguez' timestamp='1311041800' post='2758900']
Anyone can spin a situation to sound bad, and that war GATO went above and beyond its call of duty and IAA recognises that, that's all that matters.
[/quote]

This is true. GATO's regular call of duty is 7 days of war. 13 days is just reckless abandonment and a rather ballsy move, well done.

[quote name='Chimaera' timestamp='1311089061' post='2759240']
To be fair, it was apparent to the Empire that our treaty was already optional. My membership felt we would be left high and dry in a time of need if this treaty was kept, though we would have never done the same.[/quote]

I have literally no idea where you got that impression. Polaris was ready to go to war for you at any moment, including your debacle with NsO and SOS. We have never disregarded a treaty, and do not intend to ever do that in the future.

[quote name='Chimaera' timestamp='1311089061' post='2759240']
I am very sorry you picked Legion as your replacement partner, though. Couldn't it have been someone more competent, like...anyone?
[/quote]

Replacement partner? You do realize that treaty was signed in December, right? Eight months ago?

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1311082869' post='2759212']
Yes it does. Many alliances lack integrity you just fought a war beside many of them. You do not have to like Polar but, do not for one second tell me you do not respect them as a foe.[/quote]

Again you're putting words into people's mouths. I for a second, for an hour, for however long I want will tell you that I do not respect Polaris as a foe. I suspect many others will tell you the same. After all, what is there to respect? Their ability in war? Not in the least. Their aptitude at foreign affairs? Not at all. So what is there?

MK was probably the other main foe TOP has had in this game. Even in the deepest depths of our dislike for them, we always had significant respect for their abilities in war and for Archon's clear talent in foreign affairs (indeed, our respect for them (and theirs for us) was what led to our two alliances becoming treaty partners). What do we see in the Polaris of today? An international pariah whose government makes claims that the alliance's nations are being deliberately kept small so that the vast majority of them will continue to be out of the war range of most of our nations. Whoopety-doo.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Frederico Rodriguez' timestamp='1311041800' post='2758900']
Son, sure it may be crap when it comes to getting ganged up on in a war, but it's one of the very few alliances where the people are in it for the [i]community[/i], not really for the game itself. We can be the 'Worst Alliance Ever' to you, we'd be happy to fulfill whatever you wish to believe. If you're nice to us, we'll be very friendly because we're relaxed people and always happy to have a good time, if you're not, then that's okay we'll just leave you be with your opinions.

In the end, the people who think they're too good that they have to go out and troll alliances for no reason (and lets be honest, it's not like GATO actively rubs alliances the wrong way), well honestly, they're probably the most socially awkward people because they care a little bit more about power, nation strength, and of course arrogance, then we do. (Nothing wrong if people want to that, maybe it's fun playing that type of character?) Lets face it, no matter how high you are in the game, it's really not that impressive.[/quote] Oh come, now. That can't be left unanswered. GATO has long been considered WAE (losing out recently to Legion, I hear?) for a multitude of reasons, all of them being self-inflicted.

I'll say this much, however; Just because you're friendly people when others come to make friends with you, doesn't mean you're any less spineless when push comes to shove.

The day GATO gets to criticize anyone for a lack of integrity or a presumably random treaty cancellation is still quite a ways off. Having a short memory just means you and your community are doomed to repeat the same mistakes in the future.

Although, ironically, I am on your side here. Good show on IAA's part, and I wish them all the best in the future.

[quote]Anyone can spin a situation to sound bad, and that war GATO went above and beyond its call of duty and IAA recognises that, that's all that matters.

You should check out GATO's embassy and start posting around, you might start to like us idiots ;)
[/quote]Well, it's nice to know you'll do that for [i]someone[/i]. Maybe one day you'll break out of your shell and join the rest of us in this larger world, you know, maybe make some more friends so you'll have fewer people laughing at you. But it's been awhile, so maybe I'm just out of touch, this has already happened, and I just missed it?

Edited by TehChron

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1311092640' post='2759274']
I have literally no idea where you got that impression. Polaris was ready to go to war for you at any moment, including your debacle with NsO and SOS. We have never disregarded a treaty, and do not intend to ever do that in the future.

Replacement partner? You do realize that treaty was signed in December, right? Eight months ago?
[/quote]
It wasn't my impression. It was my alliance's. I disagreed with them.

And no, I really didn't know that. Went off this thread's earlier posts. I apologize for my snark. I don't come around the OWF much anymore for a reason. :P

[quote name='Chimaera' timestamp='1311096770' post='2759328']
It wasn't my impression. It was my alliance's. I disagreed with them.
[/quote]
What? To claim the whole, or vast majority of, the alliance other than you holds this opinion is false and disingenuous.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1311022263' post='2758658']
It worked well enough when I decided to tear UPS 2.0 apart.

The simple fact of the matter is that IAA decided that they weren't on the same page as Polaris anymore, and Polaris decided if that was the case then it was idiotic to fool with an optional treaty. If GATO thinks that makes IAA some kind of heroes, then you're perfectly welcome to sit in your 5th year of isolation and cheer your only good allies on. When it comes to war, Polaris--like every alliance--needs allies, not "fwiends."
[/quote]

And when it comes to allies, I seem to recall IAA being there for Polaris time and time again. Maybe the best thing IAA could have done was to vote to cancel the treaty altogether, but out of respect for Polaris we decided to vote to downgrade it instead.

People are attempting to spin this situation and are shooting themselves in the foot while doing so.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1311095813' post='2759310'] An international pariah whose government makes claims that the alliance's nations are being deliberately kept small so that the vast majority of them will continue to be out of the war range of most of our nations. Whoopety-doo.
[/quote]
I don't think we have ever claimed that. Ever. We're a mass-membership alliance who are three months out of a losing war, I am not surprised at all that our average strength is lower than yours.

[quote name='Conformist Maryland' timestamp='1311099049' post='2759354']
And when it comes to allies, I seem to recall IAA being there for Polaris time and time again. Maybe the best thing IAA could have done was to vote to cancel the treaty altogether, but out of respect for Polaris we decided to vote to downgrade it instead.

People are attempting to spin this situation and are shooting themselves in the foot while doing so.
[/quote]

Like you just did there, eh.

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1311101247' post='2759370']
Like you just did there, eh.
[/quote]

Not at all. My remarks weren't condescending, and I made no attempt to spin the situation.

Had we canceled instead of offering to downgrade, we wouldn't have this sticky situation we have now. Eh?