An Invitation from the Mushroom Kingdom

lebubu

[quote name='lebubu' timestamp='1310088667' post='2751851']
Not being able to hit you because the majority of your alliance is out of range does not make them cowards, hope this helps.
[/quote]

I disagree strongly. Declare war, drag in some helpful allies, hangeroners or opportunist scum and away we go. I have already indicated I am not growing any further just to amuse them. Lets get it on.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many interesting points scattered throughout that thread, and I'm only through page 109.

[list]
[*]Alliance Sphere of Influence vs Bloc Sphere of Influence
[*]Lower tier dominance vs Upper tier dominance
[/list]

Just to name two that jumped out at me. Regarding Alliance vs Bloc effected spheres of influence, I heavily lean towards a bloc's readily mobilized NS vs an isolated AA. In terms of lower vs upper tier dominance, we saw this very idea play out the in DoomHouse vs NPO war. Just interesting to see it mentioned in the Q&A long before it was utilized by the NPO coalition.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1310077348' post='2751691']
Seems like we could deny them their feast then doesn't it. I refuse to be a play along, come and get me right now or be the cowards you know you are.
[/quote]
GRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB CCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEE OOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTT TO PLAY-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Edited by Believland

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1310133688' post='2752439']
I disagree strongly. Declare war, drag in some helpful allies, hangeroners or opportunist scum and away we go. I have already indicated I am not growing any further just to amuse them. Lets get it on.
[/quote]
"If I stay weak, they can't beat me up and make me weaker!" isn't exactly standing up for yourself. It's closer to letting them win without firing a shot.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1310176673' post='2753013']
"If I stay weak, they can't beat me up and make me weaker!" isn't exactly standing up for yourself. It's closer to letting them win without firing a shot.
[/quote]

Personally, I enjoy controlling Polar's NS profile just by existing. It's like they're afraid to step on our shadow, so they make sure to follow six feet behind us wearing a burka.

Not that this amusement will spare them, mind.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1310088162' post='2751845']
Oh yeah, I'm not criticising you for that. :P It's a pretty ballsy thing to do. If there's one thing that can be said for TOP it's that they have balls, especially after the pre-emptive strike on C&G. I wouldn't mind you lot particularly if Crymson wasn't so unpleasant all the time.
[/quote]

If you come by #paradox between the milliseconds of 23:48:10 - 23:48:11, you can usually find him having a jolly laugh after a long bath.

[quote name='WalkerNinja' timestamp='1310182671' post='2753061']
Personally, I enjoy controlling Polar's NS profile just by existing. It's like they're afraid to step on our shadow, so they make sure to follow six feet behind us wearing a burka.

Not that this amusement will spare them, mind.
[/quote]

Nicely done WN. For a coward you sure do talk tough.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1310088162' post='2751845']
Oh yeah, I'm not criticising you for that. :P It's a pretty ballsy thing to do. If there's one thing that can be said for TOP it's that they have balls, especially after the pre-emptive strike on C&G. I wouldn't mind you lot particularly if Crymson wasn't so unpleasant all the time.
[/quote]

You sure do keep strong vendettas against those of us willing to call you out for the attention addict you are. That said, the "I would like TOP if it weren't for Crymson" bit is a tad silly, given that I have no power within the alliance. I believe you and Xiphosis are the last people really hanging onto it. Have fun with him.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1310213636' post='2753230']
Nicely done WN. For a coward you sure do talk tough.
[/quote]

Cowards? Funny. I remember doing a listing of NpO during that war. First 3 pages going from largest nation strength on down was all in Hippy Mode. For the entire duration of the war mind you. Or was that 'Strategy'?

[quote name='Vandal' timestamp='1310253367' post='2753525']
Cowards? Funny. I remember doing a listing of NpO during that war. First 3 pages going from largest nation strength on down was all in Hippy Mode. For the entire duration of the war mind you. Or was that 'Strategy'?
[/quote]

A peace mode joke, how original. Congrats!

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1310077348' post='2751691']
Seems like we could deny them their feast then doesn't it. I refuse to be a play along, come and get me right now or be the cowards you know you are.

If TOP is so uncontrollably incensed as they claim, surely the inconvenient nature of the status of our alliances is quite secondary to the need to punish evil Polaris. Lots of empty rhetoric, lots of ranting and no actual execution... sums up TOP perfectly.

Also Crymson, LOL, you are truly deluded if you think your constant revisions will ever be the truth. You can parrot the lines over and over and over again, but there is never a chance that it is true or that it ever will be.
[/quote]

I'm sorry, but did you actually say [b]ANYTHING[/b] in that paragraph-long rant?

[quote]
Perhaps if I dropped the logs from that period people would actually see who was over the edge and who was simply a victim of circumstances.... :P
[/quote]

Ah, the logs. Perhaps you're referring to the 11 pages of logs I put together to show to the NPO when, after NPO left terms, almost your entire government was over there telling lies about what your alliance had done during Bipolar ("Oh, it was just a big miscommunication!")? The logs that I sent out to numerous IOs, by request? The logs that I gave to one of your members a year ago by request, during the midst of your first attempt to rewrite within your alliance the history of your actions during BPW? The logs that I've shown to numerous other people? The logs you've shown such agitation at seeing whenever they've come up?

Right. Feel free to post those logs, Grub. I'll be sure to fill in any bits you forget to include.

That said, you ought to consider seeking help if you're as manic about other topics as you are about BPW. On one day, you openly claim that you stabbed us and others in the back; on the next, you vehemently claim that you are guilty of nothing. On one day you claim that you were the mere victim of circumstances; on another you claim that betraying us was your master plan all along. Get a grip, Grub. Your mania on this issue is such that I'm not even sure you believe anything you say about it. Your constant attempts to rewrite what happened are pitiful.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1310257242' post='2753563']
Your compatriot made it relevant.
[/quote]

No, he didn't, if you actually knew why they called WN coward you would understand that a peace mode joke is just irrelevant.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1310261967' post='2753589']
No, he didn't, if you actually knew why they called WN coward you would understand that a peace mode joke is just irrelevant.
[/quote]

That could be an arguement for hypocrisy, but not relevance.

Moral Hazard.

Alliance leaders should understand it or you'll make poor decisions like Almighty Grub and Crymson did 500+ days ago.

The results took down TOP from its tech heavy high avg NS and total NS position and has caused it to shrink to 130 members from the 200+ it used to have. Polaris is suffering as well and is worse off with only small unconnected alliances to aid it when war rolls around.

Crymson and TOP seem to recognize that their actions were poor in that war. When Grub and Polaris recognize the same then and only then will Polaris be able to move forward. It's naive to think that assuring a non-allied leader that you will not defend your treaty partner if they attack your treaty partner that it will not later be seen as betrayal when you do defend them. It doesn't matter that they should have known that Polaris would defend a treaty partner. A man's word is a spoken treaty. You chose poorly because you set yourself up to fail in that situation. Defend MK and you betray your word to TOP. Stand and watch as MK is attacked and you betray MK. How hard is that to understand? How hard is it to understand that such actions could and have had severe consequences and have negatively affected Polaris' FA standing around the world.

Worse, you get out maneuvered when the alliance that says you betrayed them goes off and positions themselves with the strongest side of the treaty web ensuring that they will be able to execute their revenge and Polaris is powerless to do anything about it.

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1310264991' post='2753603']
Moral Hazard.

Alliance leaders should understand it or you'll make poor decisions like Almighty Grub and Crymson did 500+ days ago.

The results took down TOP from its tech heavy high avg NS and total NS position and has caused it to shrink to 130 members from the 200+ it used to have. Polaris is suffering as well and is worse off with only small unconnected alliances to aid it when war rolls around.

Crymson and TOP seem to recognize that their actions were poor in that war. When Grub and Polaris recognize the same then and only then will Polaris be able to move forward....
[/quote]

I stop to read it here, because you fail to understand that we already recognized that some of our actions in Bi-Polar war were wrong.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1310266728' post='2753619']
I stop to read it here, because you fail to understand that we already recognized that some of our actions in Bi-Polar war were wrong.
[/quote]
Like it or not Almighty Grub is very much the face of Polaris and what he says drowns out Polaris' recognition that some of its actions were wrong in that war. Grub is a tough leader and his stance is keeping the hate for Polaris alive when it could easily be extinguished if he worked more to publicly recognize the mistakes he made. He says he apologized to the people that matter which is good, but then all those apologies seem non-existent or insincere with the tone he takes when he posts. It seems clear there was no apology to TOP. If there was reconciliation TOP wouldn't be putting Polaris in its crosshairs.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1310254426' post='2753537']
A peace mode joke, how original. Congrats!
[/quote]
A quip about unoriginal jokes from D34th? Really?

[quote name='eyriq' timestamp='1310152752' post='2752730']
Just interesting to see it mentioned in the Q&A long before it was utilized by the NPO coalition.
[/quote]
Well, at the time the people taking part in that thread were some of the top military and economic strategists who later formed the coalition against TOP. It makes sense that they already had an idea of what might happen even further in the future. of course, what happened with the NPO coalition was very, very similar to what happened in the TPF war.