An Invitation from the Mushroom Kingdom

lebubu

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1309252539' post='2743349']
Haven't gotten far through it, kind of interesting to see the 'NPO will hit us' 'No NPO will hit us :smug: ' going on. If only you'd known.
[/quote]

Was not interested until I saw this. Maybe I will sign in...maybe.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='deSouza' timestamp='1309250406' post='2743338']
[i]
"The [b][u]PR assault[/u][/b] waged by Rebel Virginia, second in command of the Sith Order, [u][b]is something the Kingdom cannot condone, and will not encourage.[/b][/u] To believe that we would is folly. We can, and will, deal with it. But we will not condone it, we will not encourage it, and we sure as hell will not reward it.

But not when [b][u]you launch a PR war against[/u][/b] us. Not when [b][u]you take a private matter public in such a manner[/u][/b]. That is not something the Kingdom will support. As a leader, I have, on multiple occasions, readily admitted mistakes, and have not hesitated to reverse actions. However, the Sith Order has blown that chance."[/i]

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=94470&view=findpost&p=2507403"]From the desk of your king, november 9, 2010[/url]

I understand the whole hype with transparency certain organizations have promoted, but using their popularity as a form of cloaking what your own alliance considers an act of war seems to be rather detrimental to the cause. And unintelligent.
[/quote]That situation wasn't the same, and you know it. Flattering to see you have a bank of MK press releases to deploy out of context at any time though, I guess.

[quote name='deSouza' timestamp='1309250406' post='2743338']
[i]
"The [b][u]PR assault[/u][/b] waged by Rebel Virginia, second in command of the Sith Order, [u][b]is something the Kingdom cannot condone, and will not encourage.[/b][/u] To believe that we would is folly. We can, and will, deal with it. But we will not condone it, we will not encourage it, and we sure as hell will not reward it.

But not when [b][u]you launch a PR war against[/u][/b] us. Not when [b][u]you take a private matter public in such a manner[/u][/b]. That is not something the Kingdom will support. As a leader, I have, on multiple occasions, readily admitted mistakes, and have not hesitated to reverse actions. However, the Sith Order has blown that chance."[/i]

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=94470&view=findpost&p=2507403"]From the desk of your king, november 9, 2010[/url]

I understand the whole hype with transparency certain organizations have promoted, but using their popularity as a form of cloaking what your own alliance considers an act of war seems to be rather detrimental to the cause. And unintelligent.
[/quote]
I just saw Mello covered it already but this situation isn't similar. If I recall that quote you brought up was from when NSO ran to the public to try and make us look like monsters to give them an advantage in sorting out the terms in that fiasco.

The release of this thread was simply for amusement and curiousity. I don't know what political ground we could gain by making the NpO QnA thread public. As you can see it has already made a few people feel negative towards us. The first I found out about our publicizing the thread was on the OWF. Do you think an MK high gov member wouldn't know about this ahead of time if we were planning to use it as a strategic move?

(note: the 2nd paragraph isn't just directed at you, but it ties into the first)

[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1309270149' post='2743419']
I just saw Mello covered it already but this situation isn't similar. If I recall that quote you brought up was from when NSO ran to the public to try and make us look like monsters to give them an advantage in sorting out the terms in that fiasco.

The release of this thread was simply for amusement and curiousity. I don't know what political ground we could gain by making the NpO QnA thread public. As you can see it has already made a few people feel negative towards us. The first I found out about our publicizing the thread was on the OWF. Do you think an MK high gov member wouldn't know about this ahead of time if we were planning to use it as a strategic move?

(note: the 2nd paragraph isn't just directed at you, but it ties into the first)
[/quote]Not in an alliance run by ADD children :smug:

The other obvious difference between this situation and the RV one is that this isn't designed to make us look good. We look stupid in parts too.

[quote name='eyriq' timestamp='1309292563' post='2743588']
Question: What is "mouth love" and how does that effect one's culture?

Good read so far!
[/quote]
Our forums have an elaborate system of word filters to train even the worst posters into merely mediocre ones. "Mouth love" is a filter for a word that shall not be named.

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1309252203' post='2743347']
If it stops alliances sending over morons who post emoticon-riddled !@#$%^&* within self-initiated Q&As we have no desire to participate in, this will all have been worth it.
[/quote]Says the man who wants the game to be more forum-based.

[quote name='eyriq' timestamp='1309294020' post='2743603']
I'm stealing almost all your questions for future use. This thing is like a massive lesson in running a Q&A.
[/quote]

We had the most insane Q and A with MK once..that one ended well :wacko:

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1309243455' post='2743299']
I don't see anyone upset by it except maybe some people who trusted MK.
For their allies or former allies though it's an ugly precedent. They now know that anything they say, or have ever said to MK is not private if they ever find themselves in a different political position. The curious part of me now wishes I was a member of MK in one regard, because it would be fascinating to see if it has an effect on what people say to them in their embassies. The option for private diplomacy for MK has probably gone out the window now as well, as this isn't a forum leak but a decision by their Government.

All in all a job well done :D
[/quote]
Not everything in life is precedent for other things. The Q&A had, after it's incredible history, finally drawn to an end. It was something of a shame. It provided amusement and interest to all who participated for [i]years[/i]. And it was going to just fade away. No more glorious rants. No more swaying between love, hate, loving hate, and hateful love.

The overwhelming majority of the thread's content is wretched posting on our part, followed by glorious posting on our part, followed by your material. It is an inside look at how Polaris and MK got along on a member-to-member level. Aside from that, there isn't anything in the thread that isn't already known about Polaris and the Kingdom. Grub is as crazy as CSM thinks. We will intensely troll anything with a pulse. If anything, the thread is a swell example of the NpO diplomatic corps working hard on a relationship that was under constant pressure by opponents in MK and the conduct of your own Emperor, work that should be commended for its achievements. It also reveals Unsure's finest hour, the thesis statement for my aggressively anti-Polar stance after BiPolar, and a rare, early glimpse at SPH posting seriously.

If we were actually out to make you look bad using old dirty laundry we'd do so. But that's not what we're after. So calm down and enjoy the publicity for what it is: sweet nostalgia of a bygone era.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1309272409' post='2743436']
So Grub wasn't putting on an act for me, he actually was that !@#$% insane.

oh man
[/quote]

Insanity is a matter of perspective really. I see only genius. Perhaps RP is beyond you?

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1309302381' post='2743713']
Insanity is a matter of perspective really. I see only genius. Perhaps RP is beyond you?
[/quote]

Ok so maybe you were putting on an act for everybody, including your allies. But then does it stay being an act?

I still don't understand you, Mister Grub.

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1309303497' post='2743731']How is this at all a counter to what I said?[/quote]You're celebrating how this event might discourage forum-based activity, despite a history of bemoaning the rise of IRC and the death of major inter-forum initiatives. If you can't see an inconsistency then I strong suggest you get your eyes checked.

Of course you're going to counter by pointing out that you only railed against "meaningless" content and probably throw in a barb about my ineffectualness.

To which I'll reply that forum activity of any kind has merit in a world where forums, and not IRC, drive political trends. How do you know how active they are? How do you know how much they value your goodwill? How do you know how smart they are? How articulate? How personable?

Any reasonably intelligent person should be able to find answers to these questions and others through sustained interaction on issues of varying degrees of intellectual rigor. One would think the founder of Vanguard, which had a well worn spam forum, would know this better then most.

Edit:

Missed this gem.

[quote name='Ninja Colt' timestamp='1309299372' post='2743651']forum based =/= morons on forums[/quote]Because the only morons on MK's forums are foreigners, right?

[i][b]Right?[/b][/i]

Edited by Fallen Fool

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1309293386' post='2743596']
NSO just got the material for the whole next year..not sure if its a good or a bad thing :unsure::awesome:
[/quote]

Somehow we can always make any and every thread about us, even if we don't try at all ^_^

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1309306040' post='2743749']
[b]Of course you're going to counter by pointing out that you only railed against "meaningless" content[/b] and probably throw in a barb about my ineffectualness.
[/quote]
Yes, because that's kind of the point.