Declaration of War

Locke

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1308676109' post='2737410']
Correct me if I'm wrong here folks, but if that is true, SOS should know that to attack NsO without negotiations can and should be viewed by IAA as a direct attack on their alliance?
[/quote]
You're assuming SOS thought this through at all. That's a fatal flaw right there.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1308676109' post='2737410']
Isn't the whole point of a Protectorate agreement to make an even stronger defense treaty then an MDP? I mean, an MDP just say's an alliance is obligated to defend you under certain circumstances, but a Protectorate pact means the defended AA is an extension of the protecting alliances AA?

Correct me if I'm wrong here folks, but if that is true, SOS should know that to attack NsO without negotiations can and should be viewed by IAA as a direct attack on their alliance?
[/quote]

Yes. For example, If SOS decided one day to attack nations on the alliance affiliations of Athens, =LOST=, Greenland Republic, MERC or any of our other protected AA's, it would be viewed as a direct attack on The Lost Remnants, requiring a full military response should diplomacy fail.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1308676171' post='2737411']
SHHHH your making sense and thinking like your supposed too. Apparently in Anime your not supposed to do it like that. Back to the long boat with you :P
[/quote]

[quote name='band20' timestamp='1308676312' post='2737415']
He needs more mead clearly he hasn't drunk enough of it. :P

Seriously I need to get some mead from you guys after this mess.
[/quote]

Right right, but I'll need some wenches to keep me entertained. Man cannot live on Meade alone, though the gods know I try.

[quote name='Lavo_2' timestamp='1308676351' post='2737416']
You're assuming SOS thought this through at all. That's a fatal flaw right there.
[/quote]
You're assuming we haven't. We have. Thoroughly. ^_^

[quote name='ShouAS' timestamp='1308674568' post='2737384']
Apart from they aren't going to say they are willing for RIA to stay out, at least not in any official way. Even if they tell RIA they don't have to join in, RIA still can so its not saying "don't interfere" its saying "if you want, don't interfere". Sorry I didn't relies I had to make it easier for you to understand.
[/quote]
Well, it doesn't make it any easier to understand when your grammar is atrocious and you misspell every other word. Still, you don't think that SOS might have spoken to their ally in private, rather than over the OWF?

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1308676664' post='2737426']
[/quote]
If this what you call thinking I'm pretty afraid of what "not thinking" is.

Edited by Lavo_2

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1308676678' post='2737427']Well, it doesn't make it any easier to understand when your grammar is atrocious and you misspell every other word. Still, you don't think that SOS might have spoken to their ally in private, rather than over the OWF?[/quote]
RIA was extensively consulted in private before this resulted in war.

[quote name='Lavo_2' timestamp='1308676880' post='2737432']If this what you call thinking I'm pretty afraid of what "not thinking" is.[/quote]
Lavo, do us all a favor and stop pretending that your posts are motivated by something other than spite.

Edited by Arrnea

[/quote]
No No you havent.

You have literally opened yourselves up for utter destruction if this escalates. Im pretty sure IAA will roll in as they must because your evidence is almost good enough to wipe my butt with and flush away. Standing up for yourselves is great but do it over something that is real not fabricated. From what i can tell you have no real hard evidence for an IC action there for you have now placed everyone of your treaty partners in harms way. Now not saying who would win or loose but im pretty sure when the dust settled even if you could win you would be destroyed while your allies would be badly wounded. Me personally I would have made sure I had a good cause then all could have fun. You on the other hand have selfishly put multiple heads on the chopping bloc over BS.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1308676924' post='2737433']
RIA was extensively consulted in private before this resulted in war.
[/quote]

I'm glad you at least let them know before you started spending their currency like it was going out of fashion on this stupidity.

[/quote]
Really? Because to be perfectly honest, as an impartial observer, this DoW was even more disastrous than our DH/NPO one. Your DoW led with the poaching-non issue, you didn't even try diplomacy with IAA apparently, etc. etc.

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1308675939' post='2737406']
They have Katsumi, who is a brilliant fighter, and top tier to boot. Top tier advantage is pretty significant.
[/quote]

actually if you take another look, SOS has the top tier advantage by tech/few more nations

SOS has 3 nations over 10k tech, NsO only has 1 for example

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1308677249' post='2737440']
actually if you take another look, SOS has the top tier advantage by tech/few more nations

SOS has 3 nations over 10k tech, NsO only has 1 for example
[/quote]

NsO has an advantage in that they aren't SOS.

[quote name='WarLaw' timestamp='1308677265' post='2737441']
how are people still posting in this thread..
[/quote]

Humans are fascinated by disasters like huge fires, train wrecks and so on. It's why Car Racing is so popular. You think people go to those things just to see some souped up cars turn left?

Edited by Aeros

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1308676678' post='2737427']
Well, it doesn't make it any easier to understand when your grammar is atrocious and you misspell every other word. Still, you don't think that SOS might have spoken to their ally in private, rather than over the OWF?
[/quote]

Meh blame dyslexia on the spelling and stuff, but even if they did talk to RIA in private, they are still using the threat of a big bad sanctioned alliance to try and get their own way.

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1308676996' post='2737435']
On a side note, RIA seems to be developing a trend of supporting wayward allies - that is, if they follow through on their support of SOS.
[/quote]
Delta is a solid ally and is very trusting if SOS said they had a rock solid CB RIA would offer support with very little questioning. Once the support is given Delta would never publically pull it but im betting someone is getting an ear full in back channels.

gotta say...not since the CSN-DT thread have i seen so many people on all sides of the treaty web agree on how !@#$ an alliance is for a decision

/me claps

carry on