An age that has passed, an age that has yet to come.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though we never held a treaty on paper, we always had each others backs. Olympus is grateful for all TOOL did in our beginning, and for allowing us the opportunity to have a great friendship.

A sad day indeed. Best of luck to everyone in TOOL, wherever you may go.

o/ TOOL

Let's not drag the reps cancellation out as a point of contention, please.

Let's just take the gesture this once in the spirit it was publicly given.

This is a bittersweet merge thread in which the recent war is merely a sideline. But we all know that once the controversy string starts getting pulled loose, everyone wants to yank on it until the topic's original intent seems lost. That would be rather sad if this solemn occasion devolved that way.

TPF wishes to express thanks to Ardus for helping remove a potential roadblock to the orderly merge of the TPF and TOOL alliances.

Edited by +Zeke+

Haven't really followed TOOL, but I seem to remember them being a sanctioned alliance at one point not so long ago and so I guess it caught me off guard to read that an alliance of that size and tenure in the game is disbanding. I did see where GrahamKeatley left a while back, but I would've expected him to show to impart some final comments regarding his creation. Is he still in the game?

At any rate, good luck to you all. Wish you well in your new homes.

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1306817713' post='2721150']
Always liked you guys, though I wish you would've merged into an alliance I like better than TPF. Good luck though.
[/quote]
One alliance passed away to save another, good luck to that alliance.

[quote name='Mason' timestamp='1306818039' post='2721156']
Haven't really followed TOOL, but I seem to remember them being a sanctioned alliance at one point not so long ago and so I guess it caught me off guard to read that an alliance of that size and tenure in the game is disbanding. I did see where GrahamKeatley left a while back, but I would've expected him to show to impart some final comments regarding his creation. Is he still in the game?

At any rate, good luck to you all. Wish you well in your new homes.
[/quote]
Graham did not leave, and he will make a statement soon. It is quite late in the nation of Irlande. :)

Thank you to all who have wished us well. Thanks also to Ardus for being pleasant to deal with and preventing a potential roadblock in the process.

-Bama

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1306817316' post='2721141']
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=89840&st=0&p=2393204&#entry2393204

You've followed my advice. Good. I take full credit for improving the Cyberverse on this day.
[/quote]

Corinian, perhaps you should be a little bit more respectful, especially since TOOL is merging with an ally of yours.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1306818722' post='2721164']
Corinian, perhaps you should be a little bit more respectful, especially since TOOL is merging with an ally of yours.
[/quote]

I've always maintained that TOOL was a largely useless alliance that added nothing of value to the Cyberverse. The fact that they've merged into an ally of the Sith does not change my opinion. If anything it validates it. Thanks for playing though.

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1306818983' post='2721168']
I've always maintained that TOOL was a largely useless alliance that added nothing of value to the Cyberverse. The fact that they've merged into an ally of the Sith does not change my opinion. If anything it validates it. Thanks for playing though.
[/quote]
TOOL has been a loyal ally, which they've shown to the end. To bad it had to be to the end for them though.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1306818722' post='2721164']
[/quote]

Part of the joy of being allied to the Sith is listening to Sir Dop drop his nuggets of wisdom publicly on areas and topics of dispute regarding allies and friends. As always they are on point and clearly indicative of the outlook of not only their allies but also the alliance he represents.

Or maybe they are just the musings of one who has his own opinion and can't but help share it with all of us

[quote name='The Crimson King' timestamp='1306819620' post='2721178']
Part of the joy of being allied to the Sith is listening to Sir Dop drop his nuggets of wisdom publicly on areas and topics of dispute regarding allies and friends. As always they are on point and clearly indicative of the outlook of not only their allies but also the alliance he represents.

Or maybe they are just the musings of one who has his own opinion and can't but help share it with all of us
[/quote]

The real question is if this is Corinan or Doppelganger saying this. Definitely not Viktor.

Best of luck to everyone in TOOL, you've been a class act throughout your existence. Best of luck in your new home.

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1306819265' post='2721172']
Ah, so they were useful in the sense that a dog was useful. I see.
[/quote]
I disagree, they were useful in that they wanted their actions incorporated into something better, which they were..