Nordic Panthers

[quote name='Demag' timestamp='1301850307' post='2683466']
I'm heart broken.

Not sure why people seem surprised or disappointed a pretty logical decision by both parties.
[/quote]

You know I love you :wub:

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1301866725' post='2683588']
And what, pray tell, is our "final solution of the Senate problem"? It certainly sounds rather ominous.

Well, feel free to share what you know. I'm all ears, considering that I represent my alliance in the Black team senate and I have no idea as to what you're talking about.
[/quote]

I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure LoSS and NoR didn't get together to rival GOONS.

Edit: Realized this really wasn't the right post to quote, but since it talks about it I'll just leave it.

Edited by Omniscient1

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='LordSlade' timestamp='1301943288' post='2684102']
This is what happens when you beat a foreign alliance's rep at a game of Survivor....you sign a treaty with them.
[/quote]

It just wasn't right. I was voted out in R1, didn't even have a chance! <_<

A treaty serves as a formalization of relations between two alliances, NOIR has served its purpose, the little purpose there was. Nordreich and League of Small Superpowers entered into this treaty as a recognition of our friendship, common goals, ideals and visions for the future.

Not one to 'claim the credit' I will need to state that if you want to know in-depth details, look no further than the leadership of our two alliances. Or, you can ask me. Regardless of the views of some, this relationship is quite the positive note for our two alliances. Formalization in public just made it official.

Regards,
Cuba

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1301945863' post='2684124']
Why treaty LoSS when you can ODP through NOIR, mirite?
[/quote]

I doubt the fear of any maroon alliances is what caused this treaty either. I love how many people from every side of the treaty web has decided to make this some sort of last stand by NoR and LoSS against the new hegemony. It can't be they just happen to be friends. !@#$ like that would never happen!!!!

Well, the "final solution" thing was kind of ridiculous too unless it involved GOONS recruiting enough nations to vote for us so we don't get bumped out, being the only alliance really negatively impacted by their senate run.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1301992478' post='2684558']
Well, the "final solution" thing was kind of ridiculous too unless it involved GOONS recruiting enough nations to vote for us so we don't get bumped out, being the only alliance really negatively impacted by their senate run.
[/quote]
Don't talk to me like an idiot, pleaseandthankyou; I have been at this a very long time and I know what I am talking about. You are either speaking from a point of ignorance on the matter in which case you should do as Umar has done and look into things, or you are glossing over the truth, which has been tapdanced around long enough for my tastes.
[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/NoR/nor1.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/NoR/nor3_edit.png[/IMG]

The fact of the matter is that while Umbrella might think NoR are real chummy guys--I couldn't say, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt--GOONS gov (the Second in Command JTJag and co-founder/Emeritus Lamuella) have an issue with Nordreich which is set to play out in the Senate whether you knew about it or not.
GOONS stated goal is to kick the "internet nazis" out of the Senate, not keep Umbrella in.

e: Didn't close my parentheses.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1302015871' post='2684662']
I wonder how NoR will react to this. Presumably they are reading it.

I'll refrain from further commentary...it seems to speak for itself.
[/quote]

They've been informed about it maybe a few weeks ago?

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1302015871' post='2684662']
I wonder how NoR will react to this. Presumably they are reading it.

I'll refrain from further commentary...it seems to speak for itself.
[/quote]
We've known about it for quite some time now really. They've been largely unsuccessful with it however, so we give it little attention.

[quote name='Vladimir Nikanor' timestamp='1302020378' post='2684700']
We've known about it for quite some time now really. They've been largely unsuccessful with it however, so we give it little attention.
[/quote]

With respect, that's a knife in your back, not a decorative piece attached to your coat. Even passing over the Senate thing, how many times do you need to be called a 'Nazi' by a GOONS government official before you get really, really irritated and take action? NoR has spent countless hours ridding itself of the false accusation that they are nothing more than Nazis, and yet here is someone who claims to be on your side in a war tossing it around like it's a throw pillow.

I'm quite honestly embarrassed for you.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1302027372' post='2684814']
With respect, that's a knife in your back, not a decorative piece attached to your coat. Even passing over the Senate thing, how many times do you need to be called a 'Nazi' by a GOONS government official before you get really, really irritated and take action? NoR has spent countless hours ridding itself of the false accusation that they are nothing more than Nazis, and yet here is someone who claims to be on your side in a war tossing it around like it's a throw pillow.

I'm quite honestly embarrassed for you.
[/quote]Ah, it can certainly be viewed from that perspective, and that makes some sense. However we're quite aware of their schemes, and they are simply that...schemes. They have little reasoning behind them, and as such should be taken with a grain of salt. If I am to take GOONS seriously, they must first take myself and my alliance seriously. Time and time again they have proven to me that they have little if any order about them, and they impose their will through force rather than diplomacy. We have our initiatives, however they have been clearly spelled out many times in both public announcements, passing opinions, and even official documents. If people want to continue to call us Nazis, let them revel in their ignorance. Hell I even have intelligent conversations with members of INT and LSF because they've actually realized we're not Nazi blowhards that want to spread filth about the land.

So it is my humble opinion that the knife you speak of does not lay in our backs, nor does it reside in the backs of our enemies. It lies waiting on the ground at our feet, waiting for an ignorant fool to come along, trip, and have it put them in their rightful place.

OOC: GOONS do not take the game seriously, period. Negotiating with them in any case is simply not going to get anyone, anywhere. If they want to be ignorant as to who we truly are, so be it. Convincing people like this is simply an impossibility. I've seen their posts offsite, and needless to say they REALLY do not take this game the way I think it should be taken. They may be in a war with us, but I don't have to like them. America and the Soviet Union technically fought alongside each other during the Second World War, but that does not mean they trusted each other. You're a smart guy though ChairmanHal, so I know you haven't passed this by with just a glance.