Nordic Panthers

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vladimir Nikanor' timestamp='1302029078' post='2684834']
Ah, it can certainly be viewed from that perspective, and that makes some sense. However we're quite aware of their schemes, and they are simply that...schemes. They have little reasoning behind them, and as such should be taken with a grain of salt. If I am to take GOONS seriously, they must first take myself and my alliance seriously. Time and time again they have proven to me that they have little if any order about them, and they impose their will through force rather than diplomacy. We have our initiatives, however they have been clearly spelled out many times in both public announcements, passing opinions, and even official documents. If people want to continue to call us Nazis, let them revel in their ignorance. Hell I even have intelligent conversations with members of INT and LSF because they've actually realized we're not Nazi blowhards that want to spread filth about the land.

So it is my humble opinion that the knife you speak of does not lay in our backs, nor does it reside in the backs of our enemies. It lies waiting on the ground at our feet, waiting for an ignorant fool to come along, trip, and have it put them in their rightful place.

OOC: GOONS do not take the game seriously, period. Negotiating with them in any case is simply not going to get anyone, anywhere. If they want to be ignorant as to who we truly are, so be it. Convincing people like this is simply an impossibility. I've seen their posts offsite, and needless to say they REALLY do not take this game the way I think it should be taken. They may be in a war with us, but I don't have to like them. America and the Soviet Union technically fought alongside each other during the Second World War, but that does not mean they trusted each other. You're a smart guy though ChairmanHal, so I know you haven't passed this by with just a glance.
[/quote]

I think we should ignore everything and take Cyber Nations less seriously. Perhaps we should start attacking a big alliance. Perhaps we should scream BONZAI!!! as we run forward with our tinfoil helmets on and pants down...
:smug:

[size="1"]No reference to the Tinfoil Helmet Veterans of Foreign Conspiracies general membership[/size]

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1301986787' post='2684539']
I doubt the fear of any maroon alliances is what caused this treaty either. I love how many people from every side of the treaty web has decided to make this some sort of last stand by NoR and LoSS against the new hegemony. It can't be they just happen to be friends. !@#$ like that would never happen!!!!
[/quote]
You're very paranoid.

[quote name='Vladimir Nikanor' timestamp='1302029078' post='2684834']
Ah, it can certainly be viewed from that perspective, and that makes some sense. However we're quite aware of their schemes, and they are simply that...schemes. They have little reasoning behind them, and as such should be taken with a grain of salt. If I am to take GOONS seriously, they must first take myself and my alliance seriously. Time and time again they have proven to me that they have little if any order about them, and they impose their will through force rather than diplomacy. We have our initiatives, however they have been clearly spelled out many times in both public announcements, passing opinions, and even official documents. If people want to continue to call us Nazis, let them revel in their ignorance. Hell I even have intelligent conversations with members of INT and LSF because they've actually realized we're not Nazi blowhards that want to spread filth about the land.

So it is my humble opinion that the knife you speak of does not lay in our backs, nor does it reside in the backs of our enemies. It lies waiting on the ground at our feet, waiting for an ignorant fool to come along, trip, and have it put them in their rightful place.[/quote]

Fair enough.

[quote]OOC: GOONS do not take the game seriously, period. Negotiating with them in any case is simply not going to get anyone, anywhere. If they want to be ignorant as to who we truly are, so be it. Convincing people like this is simply an impossibility. I've seen their posts offsite, and needless to say they REALLY do not take this game the way I think it should be taken. They may be in a war with us, but I don't have to like them. America and the Soviet Union technically fought alongside each other during the Second World War, but that does not mean they trusted each other. You're a smart guy though ChairmanHal, so I know you haven't passed this by with just a glance.[/quote]

[i]OOC: Oh it's a bit worse than them not taking the game seriously...and I don't mean just their posts offsite, which I've known about for years. Hopefully in time the depth of it will be revealed.[/i]

Hal is to everything revolving around our side in this war as Janova was to everything revolving around C&G's side in BiPolar.

No matter how much both sides of an issue disagree, they can usually always agree that Hal is wrong.

I see nothing wrong with a friendly senate voting competition, it's certainly more peaceable than what the old GOONS did, as I'm sure all are aware.
OOC:
Let's be honest, you are nutty Germanic roleplayers. It was however in extreme poor taste to compare you to Nazis, in any way shape or form, so on behalf of our membership, you have my apologies. I do not think anyone in government or otherwise who has truly analyzed your alliance considers you as such. Indeed, you have done a wonderful job purging all the visible elements of it from your alliance, so good job. Indeed, there were many posts in the thread amazed by how much work you had put into your recruiting pamphlet thing.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1302045458' post='2685039']
I see nothing wrong with a friendly senate voting competition, it's certainly more peaceable than what the old GOONS did, as I'm sure all are aware.
OOC:
Let's be honest, you are nutty Germanic roleplayers. It was however in extreme poor taste to compare you to Nazis, in any way shape or form, so on behalf of our membership, you have my apologies. I do not think anyone in government or otherwise who has truly analyzed your alliance considers you as such. Indeed, you have done a wonderful job purging all the visible elements of it from your alliance, so good job. Indeed, there were many posts in the thread amazed by how much work you had put into your recruiting pamphlet thing.
[/quote]

Thank you, see people, Sardonic is very level and intelligent. As I told you on IRC recently, GOONS has really altered my opinions of your alliance recently, truly.

You are right though, we are quite psychotic and in love with graphics.

[quote name='ImperialCubanacan' timestamp='1302047348' post='2685066']
Thank you, see people, Sardonic is very level and intelligent. As I told you on IRC recently, GOONS has really altered my opinions of your alliance recently, truly.

You are right though, we are quite psychotic and in love with graphics.
[/quote]
Frankly, if the Co-Pilot of GOONS ktarthan told me in October that the multiple messages Nordlanders had received calling them NAZIs and telling them to remove the NoR candidate from the Senate were "just" ignorant members, and then 6 months later the sitting Co-Pilot was still calling me a NAZI and multiple Emeritus (who are all gov and former gov) was still talking about kicking me out of the Senate, I'd need a little more than some sweet talk from Sardonic, who is either not in touch with his government, or is unable to control them, because what Sardonic is telling you does not jive with what the reality of the situation has been for months.
Sardonic was very careful in his word-choice of "membership" over "government" when the posts we are referring to were government, [i]not[/i] membership. What kind of mealy-mouthed crap is "[no one] in government ... who has truly analyzed your alliance considers you [to be NAZIs]"? So JT Jag gets promoted to Co-Pilot after his stellar performance in FA--[i]FA[/i]--then calls you NAZIs, but we're to expect that he's just totally ignorant. GOONS has an ignorant second in command? Well I guess Sardonic did just say it first, and he oughta know, he promoted the guy that thinks you're NAZIs.
How much of GOONS gov needs to call NoR NAZIs before NoR understands that Sardonic is a liar? We've got Lamuella (http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/NoR/nor2.png), we've got JT Jag (http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/NoR/nor3_edit.png), and we've got Mitsuo (http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/NoR/nor6.png) there's three. We know how GOONS general membership feels about NoR (http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/NoR/nor7.png , http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/NoR/nor3_edit.png , http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/NoR/nor8.png)

But from where I'm sitting, fool NoR once, shame on GOONS; fool NoR twice, shame on NoR. What NoR has here is a pattern of GOONS gov [i]and[/i] membership making it clear in no uncertain terms that GOONS regards NoR to be NAZIs, and that GOONS regards NoR's Senator as an obstacle that will be removed. Why do people demonize other people? Why did TPF demonize Norden Verein for months? Because when we demonize people we dehumanize them, and when we no longer see those people as people, but demons, then the tanks can roll with no trouble. How many of Norden Verein's allies were ready to go to the mat for NoV 3 months before TPF attacked? And by the time TPF had been spouting their rhetoric and slurring NoV for months, how many of NoV's allies stood by them [i]then[/i], once the world regarded the rhetoric to be true? What good did the truth or allies do Sons of Muspel in the end? Indeed, you Nordlanders know what comes after the rhetoric. Nordreich can continue to ignore GOONS's aggressive overtures, and make excuses for GOONS such as "oh they're disorganized" or "they're not serious" and NoR can continue to chase GOONS's true thoughts--their private thoughts in their clubhouse where they believed they were away from your sight and could speak freely--with Sardonic's sweet lies, but reality keeps a low profile and a fast clip, and NoR will face it whether they want to or not.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1302059367' post='2685229']
GOONS regards NoR's Senator as an obstacle that will be removed.
[/quote]
And obviously the efforts have not gone unnoticed. Though it would appear we currently have the upper hand in that regard. Certainly that is just a happy accident.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1302112397' post='2685563']
And obviously the efforts have not gone unnoticed. Though it would appear we currently have the upper hand in that regard. Certainly that is just a happy accident.
[/quote]
Please tell me you're not buying into Schatt's paranoid nonsense about a possible reinstatement of the goonland security act? We merely believe that GOONS and Umbrella should both have a senator, that's all there is to it.

Edited by Sardonic

There is nothing wrong with GOONS and Umbrella wanting a senate seat. However... there's only 3 seats and 4 alliances wanting them. Competition.

Let the games begin.
[img]http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/liz_lemon_dance.gif[/img]

I sense fun times. :awesome:

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1302122144' post='2685667']
Heh "Nothing to see here, please disregard all the statements from our govt members. Move along."
[/quote]

If we all based our opinions off of what one or two members of government say, you'd be in some massive trouble.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1302045294' post='2685037']
Hal is to everything revolving around our side in this war as Janova was to everything revolving around C&G's side in BiPolar.

No matter how much both sides of an issue disagree, they can usually always agree that Hal is wrong.
[/quote]

I would say you are exaggerating that just a bit.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1302122003' post='2685665']
We merely believe that GOONS and Umbrella should both have a senator, that's all there is to it.
[/quote]

I believe we made NOIR to cement the fact that anyone can run for senate :o I think GOONS and Umbrella fall into the anyone category :o

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1302233556' post='2686508']
If we all based our opinions off of what one or two members of government say, you'd be in some massive trouble.
[/quote]
Like if one member of Polaris gov is "spying" and the entire rest of Polaris' gov says he was wrong and shouldn't have been doing that, and they are not spying, then clearly Polaris is not spying.

Edited by Schattenmann