Declaration of War

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1301037930' post='2675897']
They declared war on all of "doomhouse", and currently have active offensive wars with Umbrella. Hence, the DoW.
[/quote]

Ah. For some reason, given the context of others' posts, I thought the Animal House Accords was your treaty with GOONS. My mistake.

Anyways, have fun.

Edited by Jrenster

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1301026265' post='2675649']
Looks like doomhut needs to call in all the help they can! Still claiming that you're winning this? :smug:
[/quote]
Are you saying we're not?

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1301026353' post='2675658']
Come on, where's the love? I've been dying to get my hand around some VE2.0 throats.

PS: How is your 1/2 prewar NS treating you
[/quote]
Very well actually.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1301029074' post='2675749']
Yes, you were presumptuous.

I have disagreed with DH's pre-emptive attack on NPO since it occurred as I have mentioned several times since then.
[/quote]

You can now join Bob Janova in the hypocrite "We disagree in words, however with actions we support" VE's club. Congratulations!

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1301037393' post='2675891']
Just wondering: has Avalon actually fought any GOONS (or vice versa)?
[/quote]

we declared on all of doomhouse, but have only been engaging MK and umbrella. There were already plenty of alliances on goons, so we saw no point engaging them. We would have declared only on MK and umbrella, but since DH already saw a DoW on one of them as a DoW on all of them, we saved them that trouble.

[quote name='Guffey' timestamp='1301056748' post='2675988']
we declared on all of doomhouse, but have only been engaging MK and umbrella. There were already plenty of alliances on goons, so we saw no point engaging them.
[/quote]
Not sure if you've been paying attention, but some of the actual combatants in this war just surrendered to GOONS. Maybe you should adjust your strategy (here's a suggestion - come out of peace mode).

[quote name='Guffey' timestamp='1301056748' post='2675988']
We would have declared only on MK and umbrella, but since DH already saw a DoW on one of them as a DoW on all of them, we saved them that trouble.
[/quote]
How considerate of you.

Edited by Sithis

[quote name='Sithis' timestamp='1301057030' post='2675990']
Not sure if you've been paying attention, but some of the actual combatants in this war just surrendered to GOONS. Maybe you should adjust your strategy (here's a suggestion - come out of peace mode).

[/quote]
Silly Avalon don't you know the fastest way to winning a war is a single all out blitz?:smug:

[quote name='Sithis' timestamp='1301057030' post='2675990']How considerate of you.[/quote]

Thank you, indeed, courtesy was the actual idea. Given the situation at hand at the time, it seemed the most respectful means of entering was to recognize a war with Doom House proper and allow for each individual participant to trigger whichever treaty chains they wanted in response. As there had already been far too much e-lawyering going on, it seemed the most polite thing to do was just allow a straight path to cut through it all for those that were going to do whatever it was they wanted to do anyway.

If GOONS wished to claim an attack on Umbrella as an attack on them via Doom House, then call in a MDP partner in response, well then it would either happen or it would not happen, no point in dancing around the issue with specifics. Far better is it for all involved to maintain their dignity and just take the battle's landscape at its face.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1301027389' post='2675696']
I wasn't aware I was attacking anyone in Avalon. They know my stance on the matter and we still have great respect for each other. Do try to be more informed before speaking.
[/quote]
And with your respect and $5 Avalon can get a grande latte. :rolleyes:

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1301028652' post='2675732']
Because I clearly knew that VE was going to attack Avalon when I joined? Or maybe you should rethink your statement about me attacking Avalon when I am clearly not attacking them.

Anyway, Guffey has explained it here so that's that.
[/quote]
Yu've been around long enough to know that we vote with our feet. Unless you think you've got the power to shape Viridian policy.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1301037393' post='2675891']
Just wondering: has Avalon actually fought any GOONS (or vice versa)?
[/quote]
No.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1301049109' post='2675945']
You can now join Bob Janova in the hypocrite "We disagree in words, however with actions we support" VE's club. Congratulations!
[/quote]
No kidding. There's enough rationalizing, hand-washing, and backpedaling in here to choke a horse.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1301043982' post='2675923']
May your knives chip and shatter.

Have fun trying to get Avalon to surrender, VE. They were the last alliance to peace out during Karma and I wouldn't expect it to go much different this time.
[/quote]
He is a tough nut to crack I'll give you that.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1301059641' post='2676004']
And with your respect and $5 Avalon can get a grande latte. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

That is no joke, as not everyone can afford such luxury in this day and age, some people only have $2.40. :blush:

Truthfully though, we do value that respect most highly and Avalon holds no ill will against WC in this current conflict. We are and have been aware of his position just as he has been aware of ours. If it was his call to make, we know that we would not currently be facing VE from across a battlefield now. It was not however his call to make. There is a limited capacity within any individual for vitriol, and we feel holding any such contempt or disrespect for him in this situation is wasteful and inappropriate as compared to the myriad of deserving folks out there.

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1301043982' post='2675923']
May your knives chip and shatter.

Have fun trying to get Avalon to surrender, VE. They were the last alliance to peace out during Karma and I wouldn't expect it to go much different this time.
[/quote]

And with all 4 people that have out of PM, I am sure VE is concerned with the long drawn out affair.

[quote name='SyndicatedINC' timestamp='1301061842' post='2676016']
That is no joke, as not everyone can afford such luxury in this day and age, some people only have $2.40. :blush:

Truthfully though, we do value that respect most highly and Avalon holds no ill will against WC in this current conflict. We are and have been aware of his position just as he has been aware of ours. If it was his call to make, we know that we would not currently be facing VE from across a battlefield now. It was not however his call to make. There is a limited capacity within any individual for vitriol, and we feel holding any such contempt or disrespect for him in this situation is wasteful and inappropriate as compared to the myriad of deserving folks out there.
[/quote]
Being a Schattenmann rather than a human, I have an infinite capacity for vitriol, but thank you for your insights. Rather, I [i]have[/i] reached my capacity for mealy-mouthedness. While it is WarriorConcept that has inspired my replies, frankly, I am tired of everyone that sits around in an alliance that does certain things and saying "oh well don't have anything to do with that." It is a lie people are welcome to tell themselves, but I will not have any of it.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1301062223' post='2676020']
And with all 4 people that have out of PM, I am sure VE is concerned with the long drawn out affair.
[/quote]
I love how you insist on arguing our point for us like you're super smart or something.

[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1301066047' post='2676055']
So maybe when you come to an alliance for peace twice, and then decline white peace both times, you should actually think about what you're doing.

Enjoy this NADC, you deserve it.
[/quote]
In their defense they were hoping for crippling reps so they could whine about them here on owf.