Declaration of War

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1301066047' post='2676055']
So maybe when you come to an alliance for peace twice, and then decline white peace both times, you should actually think about what you're doing.

Enjoy this NADC, you deserve it.
[/quote]
How the hell does that even go?

NADC: "Hey were looking for peace, what kind of terms are you thinking of?"
DoomHouse: "White Peace."
NADC: "BOLLOCKS!" Storms out.

Seriously, that has to be the dumbest thing I've heard in quite some time.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1301068369' post='2676077']
I love all the whining about how NADC didn't accept white peace, TWICE! :laugh:
[/quote]

It's not whining so much as trying to make sense of the all dumb.

Edited by Felix von Agnu

[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1301066047' post='2676055']
So maybe when you come to an alliance for peace twice, and then decline white peace both times, you should actually think about what you're doing.

Enjoy this NADC, you deserve it.
[/quote]

You mean the one time our gov came to discuss just the possibility of it?

Yeah ok.

[quote]

Seriously, that has to be the dumbest thing I've heard in quite some time.[/quote]

I think that sounded more witty in your head.

[quote name='SyndicatedINC' timestamp='1301061842' post='2676016']
That is no joke, as not everyone can afford such luxury in this day and age, some people only have $2.40. :blush:

Truthfully though, we do value that respect most highly and Avalon holds no ill will against WC in this current conflict. We are and have been aware of his position just as he has been aware of ours. If it was his call to make, we know that we would not currently be facing VE from across a battlefield now. It was not however his call to make. There is a limited capacity within any individual for vitriol, and we feel holding any such contempt or disrespect for him in this situation is wasteful and inappropriate as compared to the myriad of deserving folks out there.
[/quote]

Thank you.

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1301069170' post='2676084']

[/quote]

Pretty much accurate, sadly. They asked for peace; they were offered white peace with a no reentry clause; they took several days [i]to decide upon it[/i]; and then they turned us down.

Welp, we can only conclude now that they want harsher terms.

[quote name='King Penchuk' timestamp='1301069144' post='2676082']
I would be ashamed to have VE on my side during a war. Sucks for Doomhouse.
[/quote]
Yeah it would suck to actually have allies that could win wars. It would highlight how bad you are, unlike surrounding yourself with similarly incompetent allies. I too would be very ashamed.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1301070923' post='2676103']
Pretty much accurate, sadly. They asked for peace; they were offered white peace with a no reentry clause; they took several days [i]to decide upon it[/i]; and then they turned us down.

Welp, we can only conclude now that they want harsher terms.
[/quote]

Maybe, just maybe, they wanted to help their allies.

So you want them to pay for honouring treties? :wacko:

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1301026353' post='2675658']
Come on, where's the love? I've been dying to get my hand around some VE2.0 throats.

PS: How is your 1/2 prewar NS treating you
[/quote]

Remember when you were still witty? No? Don't worry. I don't either.

Good luck VE.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1301078568' post='2676190']

[/quote]
Maybe if their help actually mattered, as it is their main contribution is making bitter comments in public. Them being in war or not doesn't matter much, other than killing of their alliance. A+ allies. So here they are trying to tell themselves and everyone that evil forces are trying to destroy them and enforce end of times reps on them, which fortunately carries no water here. Maybe start sending the offers of white peace to individual nations of NADC? Sure that'll split them apart and destroy their union, but if NADC is unwilling to look after its members wellbeing and insists on subjecting them to prolonged war and punitive reps, then it's clear that each NADC member needs to start taking care of themselves.

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1301069170' post='2676084']

It's not whining so much as trying to make sense of the all dumb.
[/quote]
Would that white peace include 30k or something like that in tech deals?

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1301078568' post='2676190']

[/quote]
We didn't want them to pay for honoring their treaties. Thats why we gave them white peace.

They have chosen to stay in the war until their allies can come out aswell. That's admirable, however, its silly to think that we are going to have our previous offer on the table until their ready.

[quote name='mhawk' timestamp='1301080963' post='2676226']
[/quote]
Are the people in charge lying even to you or are you just playing dumb?

Oh how far TPF have fallen. *chuckles*

[/quote]
Even if it does, I fail to see how being forced to engage in deals that would help rebuild their nations any sort of bad term.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1301080995' post='2676228']
They have chosen to stay in the war until their allies can come out aswell. That's admirable, however, its silly to think that we are going to have our previous offer on the table until their ready.
[/quote]

A lot of the people from your side seem to be under the impression that they should have saved themselves rather than fight for their allies though.

[/quote]

I bet it does now. The original terms, that they turned down, were no re-entry and walk away.

Those monsters.

Thing is, you cant just leave a war until you are finished in the war. Untill your objectives are complete, or you cannot fight anymore. Obviously NADC was not ready to leave when they were interested to see what terms you were offering. It could have just been curiosity since Goons was asking for reps from everyone else.

[quote name='NorthernLights' timestamp='1301081580' post='2676241']
Sucks to be you, NADC.
[/quote]

When you consider how this war started in the first place, it doesn't suck at all. I feel more sorry for TOP, VE and FOK. This conflict may be the end of the civilisation we've carefully built up for years on Planet Bob. Think about what you're doing.

[quote name='Guffey' timestamp='1301082401' post='2676253']
Thing is, you cant just leave a war until you are finished in the war. Untill your objectives are complete, or you cannot fight anymore. Obviously NADC was not ready to leave when they were interested to see what terms you were offering. It could have just been curiosity since Goons was asking for reps from everyone else.
[/quote]

This is what people don't seem to get. You aren't helping anymore. The few that were truly helping, are now out of the war because they got demolished.

Are you preventing anyone from attacking your treaty partner you came in to defend? No
Are you significant enough of a threat that your continued involvement will sway the course or outcome? No
Do you have the potential muscle or political muscle to remain a credible threat if "good" peace isn't received for your allies? No

At some point, you are better serving yourself (and your allies) with getting out with as much as you can hold onto intact. Live to fight another day, a day where the odds are more in your favor.

I don't even like NADC, but they've (sort of) fought for more than a month. Leaving now with white peace wouldn't have been a dishonorable move. It's the smart move.
Seeing as how it's the smart move, I guess I shouldn't waste my breath on some of you.

Edited by janax