Declaration of War

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='FreddieMercury' timestamp='1301069984' post='2676095']
You mean the one time our gov came to discuss just the possibility of it?

Yeah ok.

I think that sounded more witty in your head.
[/quote]
Why would you ask for a meeting with us if you were going to turn down the best possible situation? (unless you were expecting us to pay you to leave the front?) And I'm pretty sure there was another interchange before that where we had offered white peace and it was declined but I could be wrong on that account.

The fact that it even hapened once is ridculous though.

Edited by Drai

[quote name='Carnoly' timestamp='1301103629' post='2676577']
its not just NADC, but every alliance that does not follow what u believe.
[/quote]

Warring alliances that do not agree with me politically is not always a giant tech raid, just if they are severely incompetent militarily and internally. Like NADC.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1301104119' post='2676585']
Warring alliances that do not agree with me politically is not always a giant tech raid, just if they are severely incompetent militarily and internally. Like NADC.
[/quote]
thank you, yes i know we don't have a great track record but we are going to not go down easily.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1301101478' post='2676526']
What exactly is "moving on" supposed to constitute in this context?

Doomhouse no longer having us as a target?
Doomhouse no longer considering us a threat?
Doomhouse no longer seeing our circle as "the opposition"?
Doomhouse no longer acting in its "national interest" without regard to who they screw over?
[/quote]

Ok, look at it this way. NOTHING they offer you is going to be good enough, because you have no way of verifying what they say is what they will do.

What if they give you white peace right now?
Nothing stops them from attacking you again in a month, once you are all out of peace mode.
Or 2 months, or 3.

At some point, there will have to be some trust. It's that simple.
You either stay in peace mode forever, surrender in some fashion and take some licks, or hope they just white peace out and forget about you. There aren't many other options.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1301097567' post='2676460']
If I thought there was any chance of them letting you get away with the PM "tactic", I might agree with you. Here's a hint, I don't think anyone is going to get away with it.Hopefully you aren't implying we switched sides either, as a quick scan of our treaty list and the dates of those treaties should disabuse you of that notion. (Here's a hint, no treaty less than 2 years old has been used this series of wars).
[/quote]
[quote name='Sithis' timestamp='1301098140' post='2676472']
Like everyone else on the other side of this war, Avalon's surrender is inevitable. If they come out of peace mode, their term negotiations will probably go better than if they just sat in it for the duration of this conflict.
[/quote]

Again with the "Peace Mode, waaaaaah" complaints. We've discussed this [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=57760&view=findpost&p=1533307"]before, during Karma[/url]. Talk to those who've fought us. Ask them for an appraisal of our character and our performance. And know that when you face any one of us you'll be in for the fight of your life.

Keep your powder dry, boys.

[quote name='David der Grosse' timestamp='1301108149' post='2676660']
Again with the "Peace Mode, waaaaaah" complaints. We've discussed this [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=57760&view=findpost&p=1533307"]before, during Karma[/url]. Talk to those who've fought us. Ask them for an appraisal of our character and our performance. And know that when you face any one of us you'll be in for the fight of your life.

Keep your powder dry, boys.
[/quote]

I doubt we'd be in for the fight of anything. You don't even have anyone in your alliance within range of our average nation strength. You literally have only 800 more tech as an alliance than one of our members have in his nation.

You could nip at our heels a little bit, but not much else.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1301108863' post='2676676']
I doubt we'd be in for the fight of anything. You don't even have anyone in your alliance within range of our average nation strength. You literally have only 800 more tech as an alliance than one of our members have in his nation.

[/quote]

nip you at the heels for as long as we want, always being a little irritation that you cant seem to get rid of.

[quote name='Guffey' timestamp='1301111530' post='2676724']
nip you at the heels for as long as we want, always being a little irritation that you cant seem to get rid of.
[/quote]

Congrats on being the toy poodles of CN.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1301108863' post='2676676']
[/quote]

It's what they do. -_-

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1301112294' post='2676750']
Congrats on being the toy poodles of CN.
[/quote]

Funny, I don't recall you making light of GOONS when they talk about all the things they accomplish in the lower tiers. Are GOONS toy poodles too?

[quote name='Mirreille' timestamp='1301112840' post='2676764']

Funny, I don't recall you making light of GOONS when they talk about all the things they accomplish in the lower tiers. Are GOONS toy poodles too?
[/quote]

When GOONS is on the losing end of a war and simply refuses to surrender because they want to continue to go toe to toe with other alliance's newbs, I will say the same thing. I think you'll find I've been more than willing to call GOONS out in the past.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1301104119' post='2676585']
[/quote]

Good thing that CSN agrees with you politically then.

[quote name='Carnoly' timestamp='1301115194' post='2676805']
please explain to me why there is a need for MK, VE, TOP, FOK, and Umbrella to be on us.
[/quote]

I'll go out on a limb and say they probably want to beat the $%&@ out of your alliance.

[quote name='Carnoly' timestamp='1301115194' post='2676805']
please explain to me why there is a need for MK, VE, TOP, FOK, and Umbrella to be on us.
[/quote]
Obviously because you're so intimidating and strike fear into your opponents hearts. There is no other explanation.