The most pathetic attempt at intel warfare ever.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1300734463' post='2672433']
Out of curiosity, did anyone actually fall for this?
[/quote]

No, doesn't seem to. And if someone was stupid enough to believe such a message, he by all means deserves it :lol1:

[quote]If you thought it was a joke, why make a thread about it? The only thing worse than calling a group of people mindless buffoons, is publicly being outsmarted by mindless buffoons. Speaking of mindless buffoons.. [/quote]

Because it served a military purpose to hit a disarmed nation that thinks the war is over. It wasn't simply a joke. If that's only way how doomhouse can triumph, then good luck to them.

Edited by alyster

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1300732805' post='2672415']
-[b]Bold[/b]: Your mistaking today's NPO as pre-Karma NPO, and only the ignorant would fail to realize that NPO paid a massive reparation to pay for its previous crimes. People and alliances often change over time, many of them don't stay static. Now why don't you be nice and give NPO a second chance instead of stomping on it repeatedly?
[/quote]

Clearly not everyone is convinced.

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1300732805' post='2672415']
-[i]Italic[/i]: I don't see very much aid coming from other alliances in NPO's aid screen. Ironically, one of your allies, GOONS, is being spoon-fed by MK and Umbrella and I do believe DH had boasted something about a massive aid operation that gave over $5.3 billion to MK's and GOONS's fighters. I wonder why.
[/quote]

Firstly, NoR and GOONS are not allies. We [i]are[/i] fighting a common enemy, but generally a bit more than that is required in order for two parties to be considered allies.

Secondly, as I pointed out earlier in a different thread, GOONS receiving a large amount of financial assistance is not too different than NPO receiving a large amount of military assistance. Doomhouse and allies have a large amount of money that can be moved, and can do it efficiently, it's hardly an undesirable quality (and neither is the willingness to accept what resources are at one's disposal).

[quote name='PinkV' timestamp='1300739991' post='2672514']
Speaking of mindless buffoons..
[/quote]
[quote name='alyster' timestamp='1300740495' post='2672520']
No, doesn't seem to. And if someone was stupid enough to believe such a message, he by all means deserves it :lol1:
[/quote]

Osnap. :awesome:

(alyster, I notice you've been a stranger to our forums as of late.)

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1300740744' post='2672526']
(alyster, I notice you've been a stranger to our forums as of late.)
[/quote]

I got demasked :( Maybe I went too hard on Hiro Nakara
Then I found delete account button on there as well

Edited by alyster

[quote name='alyster' timestamp='1300740862' post='2672530']
I got demasked :( Maybe I went too hard on Hiro Nakara
Then I found delete account button on there as well
[/quote]

I inadvertently remasked you instead of the intended target. I believe your correct mask is back (the account deletion request was rejected :P).

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300698932' post='2672088']

Perhaps we should start shooting some similar "lighthearted jokes" right back at your side of the fence?
[/quote]

Wasn't that how this entire thing got started.

Spy got caught followed by an "It was a joke I swear"

Edited by leprecon

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1300744752' post='2672595']
Did anyone ever make a thread about how NpO sent a mass-email to PB members (especially iFOK)?
[/quote]

No. Those targeted were too busy winning wars.

Edited by SirWilliam

Personally I thought this was pretty funny, and yes, I can see why NPO might be annoyed about it, but this thread just makes you (NPO) look like the ones desperately trying to win a PR battle which, if it wasn't for threads like this, you would probably stand a good chance of winning.

[quote name='PinkV' timestamp='1300739991' post='2672514']
If you thought it was a joke, why make a thread about it? The only thing worse than calling a group of people mindless buffoons, is publicly being outsmarted by mindless buffoons. Speaking of mindless buffoons..
[/quote]

Which thread are you referring to? The internal one? Quite obviously, to stop people from falling for it. Yes, the probability of someone doing so is low, but even one person would be one too many - taking a few minutes to set up a precaution would prevent that. Plus, it serves as a way to ridicule the opposition.

This thread? Joke or not, it is still an underhanded move, and if one of our members wants to point that out, it does not constitute being outsmarted. What, does MK "win" some prize because they "made" MV post a thread? Be serious. Were you "outsmarted" when you posted that convo 2 days ago? Has Doomhouse been "outsmarted" whenever they post some rant about how much they hate our use of peace-mode?

And I am not quite sure why its status as a joke even comes into play in the first place. So what?

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1300714338' post='2672189']
9 posts in before the perpetual stiffy for GOONS pops up. How flattering.
[/quote]
Well whilst none of you exactly deserve a response i suppose it is polite to do so.

You get what what you deserve, GOON. It should only take two posts, the first being your OCD hyperactive goon mouthpiece.

[quote name='KingEsus' timestamp='1300749021' post='2672666']
Well whilst none of you exactly deserve a response i suppose it is polite to do so.

You get what what you deserve, GOON. It should only take two posts, the first being your OCD hyperactive goon mouthpiece.
[/quote]

We deserve a post (as well as a response) that only marginally makes sense (and that wreaks of butthurt)?

Interesting.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1300748773' post='2672662']
Which thread are you referring to? The internal one? Quite obviously, to stop people from falling for it. Yes, the probability of someone doing so is low, but even one person would be one too many - taking a few minutes to set up a precaution would prevent that. Plus, it serves as a way to ridicule the opposition.

This thread? Joke or not, it is still an underhanded move, and if one of our members wants to point that out, it does not constitute being outsmarted. What, does MK "win" some prize because they "made" MV post a thread? Be serious. Were you "outsmarted" when you posted that convo 2 days ago? Has Doomhouse been "outsmarted" whenever they post some rant about how much they hate our use of peace-mode?

And I am not quite sure why its status as a joke even comes into play in the first place. So what?
[/quote]

Nah, I'm not involved in this.

You claim MV posted this thread to make sure none of your members fell for it, if that were so the case then why didn't they post it on the Pacifica forums? Why post here, a place where you know Doomhouse and people like me lurk just to erupt trouble and get some giggles out of the day to day life of deadly warfare? :smug:

It wouldn't be considered out smarted if someone wanted to point out that DH was harassing their inbox.(the same concept as me posting that convo the otherday, I guess Pacifican memories don't fade) You were however outsmarted because [i]clearly[/i] ak47don anticipated or wanted this movement, and in your fits of rage you did just that.

[quote name='PinkV' timestamp='1300750475' post='2672684']
You claim MV posted this thread to make sure none of your members fell for it, if that were so the case then why didn't they post it on the Pacifica forums?
[/quote]

We did. That's what "internal" means.

[quote]
You were however outsmarted because [i]clearly[/i] ak47don anticipated or wanted this movement, and in your fits of rage you did just that.
[/quote]

Okay. I'm going shopping in a few minutes. I'll make sure to spit on the first person I find on my way - if they get angry at me, they have obviously done exactly as I anticipated, and I have therefore "outsmarted them". Because that makes total sense.

To outsmart us, someone would have to trick us into doing something that is detrimental to our interests. Is giving an "opening" to "people like you" supposed to be what we were tricked into doing? Every single thing we say in these forums will get a less than positive response from you guys - we're in the middle of a war for Admin's sake.

Unless you're trying to make up a fault just for the sake of making us look bad, I'm not really buying your reasoning.

This kind of crap simply doesn't belong out here. Message was sent, some view it as underhanded or a lame tactic certainly while others find it in great humor. I am not about to debate which is right. The point is this thread has no business being here as anyone who "falls" for it deserves whatever happens to them next.

Frankly Pacificans needs to stop feeding this post even though it was started by one of our own.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1300740581' post='2672522']
Clearly not everyone is convinced.
[/quote]
Why am I not surprised?

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1300740581' post='2672522']
Firstly, NoR and GOONS are not allies. We [i]are[/i] fighting a common enemy, but generally a bit more than that is required in order for two parties to be considered allies.

Secondly, as I pointed out earlier in a different thread, GOONS receiving a large amount of financial assistance is not too different than NPO receiving a large amount of military assistance. Doomhouse and allies have a large amount of money that can be moved, and can do it efficiently, it's hardly an undesirable quality (and neither is the willingness to accept what resources are at one's disposal).
[/quote]
First: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ally

[quote]4. a person, group, or nation that is associated with another or others for some common cause or purpose

6. a person who associates or cooperates with another; supporter. [/quote]

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ally

[quote]One in helpful association with another.[/quote]

Second: GOONS also has DH's and their allies' backing. Your receiving both military and financial assistance, and your side outnumbers NPO's side.