This Week in Pacificontinuum

v4vss3.png

Mic_Icon.jpg

Good evening. I'm your host Schattenmann, and this is This Week in Pacifica.

Before we being tonight, a pogrom note: I'd like to personally apologize here before you for my tardiness. I undertook a spiritual fasting journey in the temple to Manwe; I lost track of time in a haze of malnutrition and mediation. Also laudanum.

And now, TWiP is on!

This week, Pacifica's Imperial staff and Councillors were shaken to the core when the inner sanctum of her security and diplomatic foundation were found to have been infiltrated by her perennial enemy Vox Populi. Early in the week Emperor Electron Sponge's rudy-poo The Tattler--a liberal propaganda puppet of the Vox Dei--published screenshots of the Continuum's Sanctum subforum. The Continuum's forum is hosted at pacificorder.net.

We know what our viewers want, so this week TWiP will assume a Continuum slant with a focus on Pacifica.

Jugheads

This week (just barely) Pacifica declared war on Jarheads, citing concerns from their former-protector IRON that the alliance is a DevilDogs reincarnation bent on revenge.

To anyone that came within 20 miles of another breathing human, there was no surprise that Pacifica was going to war at all due to screenshots showing foreign guest Bilrow commanding Pacifica's armies into readiness.

To anyone in Vox Populi, there was no surprise that it was Jarheads which was to be attacked. Because of their Sanctum breach, the "alliance" knew of Pacifica's plans days in advance, and made no secret of it:

That's interesting, considering that you informed your Continuum allies 96 hours ago that you are going to attack Jarheads.

jarheads-iron.jpg

http://tattler.assimilator.org/

Or is NPO attacking Jarheads so you can feign "honor" (lol) by not attacking them directly? After all, it's NPO's soldiers and tanks that have ramped up on the day IRON said that Jarheads would be attacked.

http://uevil.maybe.net/testing/newcharts/AT.html

http://uevil.maybe.net/testing/newcharts/AS.html

That's right, Electron Sponge and your own junkyard bulldog Schattenmann were on the scene before it was a scene.

One observer watching the opening salvos, who declined to give his name, remarked "that is the worst !@#$@#$ stagger I've ever seen" So bad, in fact, that the Emperor temporarily lost control of Pacifica's military: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=50178

What does this bode for the largest military co-op on the planet? Does a dog whose every move is anticipated 96 hours in advance have any bite?

Sometimes You Need a Little Finesse

You all will no-doubt recall the turmoil between Valhalla and Sparta that reached even the furthest boondocks just last month. A PZI spy managed to bring the world to DefCon1 all by his lonesome, but it appears that Pacifica did her part, too.

Finesse1.jpg

Finesse2.jpg

Where's Dilber when you need him?

Here you've got a situation that's volatile no matter who's involved, that's all the more volatile due to Valhalla being involved, and our Emperor and an Imperial Officer--when asked to mediate--tromp all over the place with their unshod hooves and make everyone even more nervous!

Where's the diplomatic prowess that hauled Pacifica to the top? (Probably among the founders that have been systematically isolated, expelled or disenchanted over the last two years) Well it certainly wasn't anywhere around here.

As a Pacifican, I hang my head here:

Moo.jpg

For the low-low price of a medium-large sized alliance with mediocre value, you too can have a personalized apology from the most powerful leader on the planet. Is this a joke? Where's my Emperor? Where's the lightening streaking from the sky as his divine bovine steps thunder across the plains of strife-- as his horns rend all threats to Pacifican security asunder?

Do the Imperial Officers feed him this crap while he's stowed in the throneroom? Electron Sponge tear the Continuum apart?! With words?!

Pacifican brothers and sisters, we will be strong again.

A Heart Revealed

As Imperial Officer of Foreign Affairs, Comrade Triyun's presence in the Continuum Sanctum is large and neccessary. Last week, I had the supreme favor of speaking with "Tri" and I've got to say he came across as a down-to-Bob kind of guy.

Today, however, today! Would that I had know this comrade's heart while it was within my arm's reach!

Triyun.jpg

That Ivan Moldavi's departure from Pacifica was perhaps . . . well it wasn't graceful; however, everything that is great in Pacifica is of Moldavi, and well it may be said--and it is often muttered in the more out-of-the-way tearooms of Francograd--that everything that is less-than-great about Pacifica is not of Moldavi. And a man saying either, in this Pacifican's view, cannot find himself false.

That an Imperial Officer would utter these vile things about all that is great in Pacifica--that Ivan Moldavi is a "!@#$@#$ !@#$%" should be an outrage--is an outrage--to the Body Republic!

But what is more important is, is where is Emperor Moo? Where are the other IOs? Their silence on the issue can only be taken to mean their support. But where, then, is there spine? Will they not say it in public? Dare they say it in public? No matter--All is public! All is laid bare before the people.

Never let anyone tell you different, Pacfica: Ivan Moldavi is as close to Mod as any man ever gets, and he is above the reproach of foundering softies that have grown fat in the peace forged by his iron will.

Who's in Charge Here?

Who leads the Coninuum? Pacifica, as she should. Who leads Pacifica? The Pacifican Emperor?

Which Emperor? And which emperor, then, leads the Continuum?

Triyun2.jpg

I choke to say it, but it is clear: Emperor Electron Sponge!

How? Tell this reporter how! How has one group of rabblerousers utilized one ragamuffin antique emperor to bring the most powerful alliance and its most powerful bloc to shivers and sweats? What mystic shadow powers does he possess? How long will the world tremble at his name? How many reports will I read of his terror-grip?

I hope that tonight you weary Pacifican souls have taken my questions into your own hearts, just as earnestly as we have each taken Francos' Star into that hallowed organ.

Until next week, this is Schattenmann. And that's TWiP, on this, the 242nd day since Emperor Electron Sponge was deposed in order to become the most powerful emperor on Bob.

Edited by Schattenmann

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does this bode for the largest military co-op on the planet? Does a dog whose every move is anticipated 96 hours in advance have any bite?

Sure, you can see that it's going to bite, but without the means to stop it, it's still going to bite.

Hmm.. interesting how there was no talk of Sparta leaving tC during the entire time that I was NPO Ambassador to Sparta, and now there's trouble in paradise? Epic!

Good issue, Schattenmann.

I hate to break it to you bub, but if Sparta was pondering leaving Q and wanted to talk about it they would have gone over your head to your superiors.

And yes Schatt, good issue.

Hmm.. interesting how there was no talk of Sparta leaving tC during the entire time that I was NPO Ambassador to Sparta, and now there's trouble in paradise? Epic!

Good issue, Schattenmann.

When was that exactly? Because the stuff in the OP is from mid-January.