From the Halls of Montezuma...

[font="Book Antiqua"][i]Night approaches, Darkness falls. Freemasons and naked Hellenes form lines opposite each other as the Sun departs the sky above the Temple of Huitzilopochtli and Tlaloc.

Grand Master Penedono marches to the steps.[/i] "Hear me, my brothers! For many years we have sacrificed for this, our sacred brotherhood. Many of our brothers have fallen. We remember the Fall of the Kalashnikov Enthusiasts, the Migration of the Soccer Players, the Putting to Rest of the Disgruntled Germans, the Demise of the Lab Rats, the Exile of the Scotsmen, and the End of the Pride of Tenochtitlan. We stand here today as two brothers, still mighty in deed and shrill in word. Our brotherhood has been diminished but never sundered."

[i]A Leader among the Hellenes ascends the steps. He cries out,[/i] "BLOOD HAS BEEN SPILLED THAT WE MAY CONTINUE TO STAND! We remember the days when the World turned Red, and the Blood of Vidians, Gun Nuts, and Freemasons was spilled by the powers, principalities, and rulers of spiritual wickedness in those days. We remember the dawn of the new age when the Vidians, Freemasons, and Soccer Hooligans rode forth to crush the reigning order of the day. We remember an Age of Uncertainty and A War of Confusion as Vidians, Freemasons, Soccer Hooligans and Disgruntled Germans rode against the Dutch, then left the field with honor as the world went dark with Resentment and Anarchy. We remember the day that AZTEC rode as one against the very pillars of the Earth and shook even the Foundations of the Largest Hordes of the day. We remember the Fall of Tigers and the Defiance of the Northern Star. Forever shall we remain Vigilant and Always have we walked the Path of Honor."

[i]The Freemasons and the Hellenes break ranks and gather before the Pyramid. The crowd begins to mingle and chatter among themselves, and new voices are added to the air. Some among them say,[/i] "How now shall we continue? For we are but two proud and noble companies in a world that sees Our Brotherhood as broken." [i]while others shout[/i] "Let not the World be our Judge!" [i]and still others fill the gathering place with cacophonous wailing and discord.

A Nameless Voice rings out among the crowd.[/i] "Silence! Behold the Portent from the Heavens! Unto you from the Northlands is given this day a Sign of the Will of the Gods!" [i]They all turn to regard the sky, the Skeptical among them still tittering, the Faithful among them staring intently above. A light makes itself known, and as they gaze upon it they see a great tribe gathered there of strange and foreign provenance. They ride upon antlered beasts, greater than any stags ever known to them, and they wear thick coats with white fur exposed. The Nameless Voice thunders out,[/i] "HEAR ME, AND BEHOLD....."
[/font]

[quote][center][img]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s87/penedono/aztecbanner1.png[/img]

[size="6"][b][u]Assistance, Zeal, Technology, Economics, and Combat Treaty[/u][/b][/size]

[b]Article I - Membership:[/b]

Admission of an alliance into AZTEC is by invitation only; This invitation will only be extended with unanimous approval of all member alliances.

[b]Article II - Sovereignty:[/b]

Each member alliance of AZTEC remains sovereign, but understands that the actions of one member can affect the others.

[b]Article III - Leadership and Governance:[/b]

Given the gravity of this pact, it is reasonably assumed that the rightful leaders of each member alliance will maintain close and timely contact. As has become the operating tradition of AZTEC, decisions are generally made upon reaching consensus among members through informal discussion, fostered by close friendship and familiarity. In the rare instance that consensus cannot be easily reached, formal decision making procedures are contained in Article VIII.

By convention and through formal agreement regarding bloc decisions, no one person is the "leader" of AZTEC; We work together or not at all. However, as circumstances may necessitate, a spokesperson for AZTEC may be named by and from among its members given strategic need.

[b]Article IV - Economics:[/b]

Each member alliance understands and agrees that the strength of one member is the security of all. This principle guides each of us to consider the needs of our fellows as our own, including (but not limited to) resources trades, technology markets, rebuilding aid, and charitable works.

[b]Article V – Mutual Defense:[/b]

An attack on one member shall be considered an attack on all members.

Should any member come under attack, it is mandatory that all members come to the assistance of the defender. Assistance shall be defined as military, financial, intelligence, and all other form of aids other members are able to provide.

All members coming to the aid of another will use all means available to them to aid the attacked member.

[b]Article VI – Mutual Aggression:[/b]

In the event that one member alliance requires assistance in an aggressive war against a Non-AZTEC Alliance, all members are required to assist by means of political, financial, and military aid.

Members should notify each other in a timely manner about upcoming military operations, or about potential threats; The element of surprise is best used against foe, not friend.

No AZTEC member alliance may withdraw from (either a defensive, or an offensive) battle until all member alliances have reached a point of exit; Nothwithstanding a stretegic bloc decision to rotate some or all nation rulers of a member alliance to reserve status.

[b]Article VII – Intelligence:[/b]

If one member Alliance receives sensitive information regarding any other member Alliance, they agree to share said information and the source of information, with the intent to protect the security and honor of their fellow AZTECs. Guides obtained legally from other alliances are not to be shared unless permission is given by that alliance. Information shared between members is to be kept confidential from outside parties unless expressed permission to the contrary is given by the provider of said intelligence.

[b]Article VIII – Remedy, Amendment, Expulsion or Withdrawal:[/b]

AZTEC has thrived for years on the frank, open, and close communication of each alliance's leaders and their memberships. However, disagreements can happen in any relationship. The first and preferred method of resolution is always discussion among the member alliance leaders. If informal debate cannot resolve differences, each AZTEC member agrees to abide by the formal resolution of this Article: Each member alliance shall appoint two delegates to represent them, allowing two total votes per alliance. A three-fourths majority vote on an issue, (including but not limited to; bloc policy decisions, charter ammendment, or a final resort vote to expel a member alliance from the bloc,) shall be accepted by each member alliance as binding and final.

A member alliance may at any time withdraw from AZTEC, following the customary and respectful 48-hour private notice period.

Signed for [b]The Grand Lodge of Freemasons[/b]

Penedono - [i]Grand Master[/i]
Alaric - [i]Grand Knight[/i]
TheSnowman - [i]Grand Superintendant[/i]
Charles the Great - [i]Lodge Warden[/i]

Signed for [b]Colossus[/b]

Bob - [i]Viceroy of Colossus[/i]
Auctor - [i]Triumvir[/i]
Petro - [i]Triumvir[/i]
Mayzie - [i]Triumvir[/i]

Signed for [b]Aurora Borealis[/b]

The Evilest Eye - [i]Ognyony Zmey[/i]
Nitroburn - [i]Triumvirate[/i]
Nomdeplume - [i]Triumvirate[/i]
BD428 - [i]Triumvirate[/i][/center][/quote]

[font="Book Antiqua"][size="6"]"[b]Aurora Borealis[/b] shall henceforth be counted among the Warriors of [b]AZTEC[/b]."[/size][/font]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic