An Announcement from the Grand Global Alliance

[quote name='TypoNinja' date='26 May 2010 - 11:57 PM' timestamp='1274932632' post='2313069']
Woah there sparky, get down off the pogo stick before leaping to any more conclusions, also, I recommend decaf.

VE has been cheerfully ignoring GGA since before they withdrew from UJA, and we are quite happy to continue doing so.

You are the first person to bring up war over this, so take deep breaths and trade in the tinfoil hat for something more practical.
[/quote]

I had incorrect info. As I stated a few posts ago, I defer to your judgment. I have no issues being the bigger guy and admitting I was misinformed. :)

EDIT: This discussion should have never started here because it has already devolved into LOLGGA.

Edited by AirMe

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='AirMe' date='26 May 2010 - 11:54 PM' timestamp='1274932470' post='2313061']
Show us something other than the 3 line log that was just posted that you have something else against GGA? Put your money where your mouth is.
[/quote]

"I assume that VE was pressing the issue and that is why JB has gone public with this."

You [b]assume[/b] VE talks to, interacts with, or cares about what JB does in this world. You [b]assume[/b] that VE said anything to any member of GGA or spread the logs we received to anyone. Based on these [b]assumptions[/b] you then lump us in with Hegemony NPO.

Want to know the truth? We got these logs like a week ago, had ourselves a good laugh, and then moved on with our lives. We were not the only alliance given these logs, based on the fact that we were given them second hand by others the next day. Wouldn't it make a lot of sense that from these second hand sources, word got back to JB/GGA that they were on the loose, and then to nip it in the bud he posted this thread backtracking from them?

Assumption is for Mary.

[quote name='AirMe' date='27 May 2010 - 04:56 AM' timestamp='1274932568' post='2313067']
I shall take your word. I honestly have not talked to either of you about this. I just know it's not worth a war.
[/quote]

That has been our response from the start weeks ago, as can be verified from the person in question.

However, GGA making an announcement over a non issue is pretty fitting considering the logs consisted of a bunch of bizarre theories, etc.

[quote name='SirWilliam' date='26 May 2010 - 11:57 PM' timestamp='1274932619' post='2313068']
GGA is a protectorate of MK as of yesterday; they are not to be fooled with.
[/quote]

Wrong war bud. :P

[quote name='TypoNinja' date='26 May 2010 - 11:18 PM' timestamp='1274930284' post='2312988']
Oh so it was stuff that was said in your government channel by you and your government, but you didn't mean any of it.

Occam likes you again :P
[/quote]

Yeah, that is totally simplest explanation. ^_^

[quote name='AirMe' date='26 May 2010 - 08:59 PM' timestamp='1274932744' post='2313072']

EDIT: This discussion should have never started here because it has already devolved into LOLGGA.
[/quote]

Already?

AirMe, this thread devolved into LOLGGA the moment it was posted... ;)

edit-spelling

Edited by chefjoe

[quote name='AirMe' date='27 May 2010 - 04:50 AM' timestamp='1274932199' post='2313052']
Remember what NPO did to Vincent Xander back in GW3? That is what VE is trying to do to GGA here. A 3 line log does not a CB make. Stop trying to drag us back to 2007. The reason I know what the logs say? The member in question is now a member of Ronin. I assume that VE was pressing the issue and that is why JB has gone public with this.

Take my advice, VE, take your ball and go home and JB keep your head down and start the slow process of rebuilding GGA's name, because with all the dirt that is stuck to it, the road is very very long.
[/quote]

Everything this man posts is absolutely priceless. I was going to post something similar, but anything I say won't match up to this.

to those of you asking for the logs though, we obviously know who JB's leaker is. Just go ask her to see them if it bothers you that much.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='chefjoe' date='27 May 2010 - 12:03 AM' timestamp='1274933015' post='2313081']
Already?

AirMe, this thread devolved into LOLGGA the moment it was posted... ;)

edit-spelling
[/quote]

Not true, the 1st reply and possibly the 2nd ones were serious. B-)

[quote name='JackSkellington' date='26 May 2010 - 11:59 PM' timestamp='1274932740' post='2313071']
I will note that by no means do I agree with this topic being posted. Quite frankly, I think it's ridiculous. JB should have simply taken it to VE and be done with it. As well, the logs weren't worth anything at all. The case that a certain someone was trying to build for the sake of getting GGA rolled because JB denied a treaty with them was pathetic. It was highlighted by those logs.

No.

No.

Sorry if I don't believe you.

And remember the first part of my post before you reply.
[/quote]

Well perhaps ignore isn't quite the right word since we do get made aware of the GGA's antics from time to time, and decide if it requires a response from us or not. Usually the answer is no, follow by a round of pointing and laughing in our government chat.

[quote]
I definitely don't agree with VE all the time, but I have to assume VE isn't dumb enough to pull a CB out of their @#$% like that one.
[/quote]

I don't think anybody needed leaked logs to come to the conclusion that JB doesn't like us very much. Its not a CB, its not even a surprise. Don't over think things too much, it causes stress.

[quote name='Omniscient1' date='27 May 2010 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1274933307' post='2313088']
Snip.
[/quote]
Read the thread. They've been posted.

Edit: Typo, what am I overthinking? I'm agreeing with you all in saying that I don't think you were ever considering a war with that "CB" that was provided.

Edited by JackSkellington

[quote name='AirMe' date='26 May 2010 - 09:08 PM' timestamp='1274933310' post='2313089']
Not true, the 1st reply and possibly the 2nd ones were serious. B-)
[/quote]

Not the OP though(srsly facepalm maybe but thats about it)....definately lol so I stand by my assesment :P

[quote name='JackSkellington' date='27 May 2010 - 05:11 AM' timestamp='1274933468' post='2313094']
[/quote]

Oh no, there are a [i]ton[/i] more, but still nothing worth a CB. Maybe a enough to make a documentary on what happens when paranoia combines with hatred, but not to make a war.

It's too bad that this wasn't passed on to certain parties earlier. And good job on having a 'heated' discussion and managing to keep a frame of mind to plant some tidbits in there all in an effort to catch a spy that turned out not to be a spy and only shared logs after the blacklisting.

[quote name='JackSkellington' date='27 May 2010 - 12:11 AM' timestamp='1274933468' post='2313094']

Edit: Typo, what ma I overthinking? I'm agreeing with you all in saying that I don't think you were ever considering a war with that "CB" that was provided.
[/quote]

It was more of a generic statement to anybody who thinks this is worth more than a good 'point and laugh', your stuff was just handy. Seriously,my initial reaction was pretty much "So JB doesn't like us? In other news, water might be wet."

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='27 May 2010 - 12:14 AM' timestamp='1274933637' post='2313102']
Oh no, there are a [i]ton[/i] more, but still nothing worth a CB. Maybe a enough to make a documentary on what happens when paranoia combines with hatred, but not to make a war.
[/quote]

As I said, highlight of the logs. I believe when I was given them it was followed with "BOOM!".

Edit: I was just making sure you realized that I was essentially agreeing with you. Glad we cleared it up.

Edited by JackSkellington

Can't we be serious men and women and discuss without devolving conversations into LOLGGA? I guess not.

I don't think JB made this announcement for the purposes of apologizing to VE or even trying to diplomatically reconnect with them. He clearly stated his intentions which was to dispel any beliefs that people had about their plans to do anything. No need to laugh or mock them for what they were discussing.

[quote name='JackSkellington' date='27 May 2010 - 05:17 AM' timestamp='1274933814' post='2313107']
As I said, highlight of the logs. I believe when I was given them it was followed with "BOOM!".
[/quote]

haha, there is still one better highlight...I'm sure it will make its way into this thread eventually. But yea, basically amounts to the same genre of sentiment and falls short of CB worthy.

[quote name='Jrenster' date='26 May 2010 - 09:20 PM' timestamp='1274933996' post='2313112']
Can't we be serious men and women and discuss without devolving conversations into LOLGGA? I guess not.

I don't think JB made this announcement for the purposes of apologizing to VE or even trying to diplomatically reconnect with them. He clearly stated his intentions which was to dispel any beliefs that people had about their plans to do anything. No need to laugh or mock them for what they were discussing.
[/quote]

What kind of Sith are you?

You clearly must be a spy :o

[quote name='JackSkellington' date='27 May 2010 - 05:11 AM' timestamp='1274933468' post='2313094']

Edit: Typo, what am I overthinking? I'm agreeing with you all in saying that I don't think you were ever considering a war with that "CB" that was provided.
[/quote]

Point taken

That's what I get for waiting so long to reply.

[quote name='chefjoe' date='27 May 2010 - 12:22 AM' timestamp='1274934141' post='2313117']
What kind of Sith are you?

You clearly must be a spy :o
[/quote]

Sith don't make running jokes about alliances trying to make serious efforts at reform. I'm good friends with JB so I know what he's been trying to do for the last few months.

[quote name='Jrenster' date='27 May 2010 - 02:20 PM' timestamp='1274933996' post='2313112']Can't we be serious men and women and discuss without devolving conversations into LOLGGA? I guess not.[/quote]
We can always devolve them into LOLNSO if that would suit you better.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='27 May 2010 - 05:32 AM' timestamp='1274934755' post='2313130']
I don't think these logs have been circulated in the manner that JB appears to believe they have.
[/quote]

Which is the most puzzling part. While they are not the type of logs that would get GGA killed, they will probably get them laughed at (if they are actually leaked further), but prior to this it was a non issue and anyone who had seem them had stopped caring since the day after they got them. By making this announcement, he runs risk of bringing them to light and getting a black eye, completely for no reason at all.