Tabloid Tribune #156 | NPO ICA

Sir Paul

[size=8][b][color=red][size=8]The Tabloid Tribune[/size][/b][/color]
[b]One Step Ahead of the Truth[/b]
Since September 2003

[i]Issue #156 - World Edition[/i] | [url=http://pacificorder.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=103149]Pacifican Edition[/url]

[b]PNN Headquarters, SIR PAUL[/b]: I have a saying, which is "If you show me a problem, I'll show you a communication problem." Current events are leading me to believe that many of the Cyberverse problems stem from this issue. I hereby proposed the following rules of conduct to prevent misunderstandings:

[u]1) The Surrending Alliance Posts their Terms[/u]: I always found it odd when the victors post the announcement, because the terms may not be agreed to or the signatures faked. For instance, check this out:
---
[i]C&G, TOP and Polar Surrenders to New Pacific Order[/i]

Through various back channels, the New Pacific Order was able to convince Archon, Liquid Mercury, Grub, and Company that they were wrong. In exchange for letting them escape with their lives, the three have agreed to pay off the remainder of Pacifican Reparations.
/s/ Archon, LM, Grub, Londo, whoever runs ODN, that FoB guy, etc...
---
It would be more respectful and accurate to have the surrendering party publicly acknowledge their defeat, and state their agreed to terms. Speaking of which:

[u]2) We Understand that signing is not the same as ratifying[/u]: If you read your history books, you'll learn that sometimes a nation signs a treaty, but their governing assembly refuses to ratify it, making the signature void. It is very important that when dealing with other alliances, their representatives may not have the same authority that you do. I suggest asking very clearly what authority that person has, and if they have final say. In the Order, it is easy (the Emperor's word is law, and if his assent is absent, the document is void). However, other alliances have peculiar traditions, what with the checks and balances; respect these traditions, that yours may also be respected.

[u]3) Be Straight Forward[/u]: Nothing is worse when people beat around the bush or make cryptic threats. Simply speak directly and things are more likely to be understood. Here is [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=80612&view=findpost&p=2176654]Hyperion321[/url] of Sparta is helping the Legion understand Sparta's position:

[quote name='Hyperion321']The war is back on. For this, there will be no white peace for you Legion. This war will be long, and for you it will be painful. Your alliance will be completely and utterly destroyed. Your tech - pillaged. Your nations - flattened. Your citizens - wiped out.

We will not stop or slow down your destruction until you come to us, all together and together in agreement for once, asking for surrender. And no, you won't be able to pull this veto bullcrap again. Until you are ready to give up properly, enjoy your trip through hell. I know I will.[/quote]

I find such honesty and clarity of position helpful and I'm sure the Legion appreciates your candor. Kudos on making the Cyberverse a better place.

Best Wishes and in before but, but, but NPO...
Sir Paul, Imperial Clerk, New Pacific Order

[size=8][b]This Event In History: Pre-emptive Attacks and Treaties[/b][/size]
[img]http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/7493/orange.gif[/img]
[i]It's an Orange thing, you wouldn't understand[/i]

[b][color=red]Ericstan[/color], Orange Defense Network[/b]: While the current conflict between TOP 'n' Friends, Archon's Minions, and the Bi-Polar Order continues, the third largest controversy of the conflict revolves around The Order of the Paradox deciding to attack the Complaints and Grievances Union in support of the New Polar Order as a pre-emptive declaration against potential hostile intentions. While some consider this to be an outlandish, criminal act, the Tribune has investigated this issue and realized that it has been used in the past by the Orange Defense Network, currently a member of the Complaints and Grievances Union.

During the War of Retribution (also known as the Third Great War), the Orange Defense Network, which held Non-Aggression Pacts with the New Pacific Order, TOP, GGA, CIS & NpO, [url=http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/index.php?showtopic=59824]preemptively declared war upon GOONS[/url]. What prompted the attack was leaking of preliminary war plans drafted by the Initiative to use in the event the Orange Defense Network decided to become involved in the conflict. As the military planners for both the Karma and Hegemony side of the previous conflict found out, contingency planning and ensuring that enough national strength is held in reserve for potential new entrants is a legitimate and important part of Bloc Defense, and Mpol's post was, indeed, prudent planning since ODN did enter the war.

What was different, however, was that the ODN did a cold declaration on a then uninvolved party, choosing to attack the Bloc as opposed to those with direct treaty ties, similar to the TOP declaration. What are different, however, are the levels of expectation, the meaning of treaties, and the general attitudes of players. During the ODN's situation, the only non-aggression pacts that were violated were the Dove Doctrine and the Imperial Accords when GATO and Legion attacked NPO without waiting for the cancellation periods to expire, on rational that MDPs trump NAPs and the New Pacific Order was an imminent threat to the Legion, respectively. The Orange Defense Network went in expecting their Non-Aggression Pacts with TOP, GGA, CIS & NpO to hold (which they did) but understood if they were "voided" by the MDP. The Eric then went on to state that he expected the Order to abide by the Non-Aggression Pact only if it was politically expedient. Indeed, the Order's position at that time, and position to this day, is that the purpose of a non-aggression pact is to slow the escalation of wars giving all sides time to cancel their pacts and think through exactly what they are about to do (hence, cancel the pact, wait four days, and attack if resolution has not occurred).

As the number of alliances participating in Real Politik increased, so to did people's desire to affect outcomes, particularly in war. Hence, the machines on both sides created the standards revolving around treaties and bandwagons. From the First Great War when Ivan Moldavi offered reparations to treatied partners and nothing to the bandwagon, there has been a division between those who are defending an ally and those who are jumping in on the winning side. There was also a belief by some that those who are involved in a conflict due to a treaty obligation should have lighter terms than those who are involved in a conflict of their own free will (a concept generally put forward by CoaLUEtion and AEGIS member-states). While this idea is generally not followed by either side (barring some exceptions, the lightest terms are usually for those who first surrender, with harshness increasing with the length of the war), it has embedded into the culture of Cybernations two tenets:

1) Defense requests must be followed.
2) Wars must be prosecuted until the original party declares them satisfied.

The second most controversial occurrence of this war was Polaris agreeing to attack The Order of the Paradox after an activation of a Mutual Defense Pact by Mushroom Kingdom and Greenland Republic. TOP, which obstinately joined the fray to defend Polaris is now at war with them because instead of picking and choosing which treaties to honor (as is traditionally done in this instance) Polaris decided to honor them all. This not only shows how ridiculous the system has become but highlights leadership differences in how people deal with the system. For example, New Sith Order, early in the war, took pre-emptive action to keep some of their treaty partners out of the war to keep them from joining a losing fight. Ivan Moldavi was forced to use preemptive action so that those who fought with him did it of their own will and not because of an obligation (though they did have a treatied-reason to be there). Archon of Mushroom Kingdom used the other route and is utilizing every available treaty to encumber as many alliances he can to his side, regardless of situation. After this conflict, I hope that many alliances will be rethinking the exact language of their treaties and amending them to prevent such insanity in the future.

While Grub declared war, it was obvious that the request was certainly unwelcome and done grudgingly. However, a trend that is somewhat troubling to this author is that support is given unquestioningly. This is leading to a more partisan and less intellectually honest Cyberverse. In previous conflicts, allies tended to question each other and support was more conditional. Examples include the attempted mass cancellation during Karma, TOP not supporting the Order's decision to attack OV, and Legion remaining neutral during the Second Great War. The new watchword put out by Gramlins, "uncritical support" is interesting in that it seems to be a departure from this alliances' roots and certainly nails the zeitgeist that an ally's actions are to be defended, regardless of what they are, including people saying you should support allies even when they're wrong, because that's when they need it the most. This type of logic leads to screenplays about a drunken Londo accidently running over a pedestrian and Xixophis, Archon and King Xander helping him dispose the body. If your ally is wrong, you can still support them and try to work out a deal for them while acknowledging that their actions were wrong. There shouldn't be any shame in refusing to work out a deal with the DA for everyone instead of going to the slammer with a maximum sentence for friendship.

The second tenet is also an artifact from the Great Wars. Having sat on the negotiations committee, I can state that when the Order first started to discuss peace with the CoaLUEtion members, ideas of an appropriate end to the war varied among the many members. Some wanted Pacifica disbanded, other Polaris disbanded, some wanted massive reparations, some wanted non-nuclear first strike treaties, and some wanted an apology. After hashing out a compromise, the terms were rejected and the fight continued. However, some alliances left the war, believing their treaty obligations fulfilled. Many entered to "defend LUE" and when it became obvious that the destruction of LUEnited Nations, (or in their case, Legion) would not come at the hands of the New Pacific Order, various alliances left the field, considering the delay of peace for a better reparation deal or dissolution of Polaris to be unnecessary and distasteful. The big difference between then and now is that mutual defense pacts no longer imply a defense of an ally, but the destruction of the aggressor. From day one, it became clear that OV was not going to be destroyed and TORN and NPO were willing to pay appropriate restitution to the alliance (indeed, it was agreed to). However, the uninvolved third party who held a Peace, Intelligence and Aid Treaty with the Order who mediated the talks appeared to not be interested in "defending OV" but more interested in "getting Pacifica." This change prolonged the war because moderates were not willing to threaten their allies with pulling out when their mission was completed. Even alliances on the currently winning side with [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=80143&view=findpost&p=2162782]half of their nations in bill-lock[/url] are [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=80143&view=findpost&p=2162637]scorned[/url] by allies when they leave the field before the wronged party agrees to it. Defending an ally should not be a suicide pact, and it should not be a vehicle to satisfy all of an ally's demands should you find them unreasonable. I encourage the Cyberverse to offer what I'm terming "critical support," which is critical in both senses: be critical of your ally's actions and motivations, and supply what is critical to their defense.

And now back to our initial subject matter: preemptive attacks. Since we've moved from playing checkers to chess, foresight and planning ahead has become critical. Why, I've heard that some people here have planning horizons of three to five years and accept short-term losses for long-term gains. With all of this preplanning, intelligence gathering, political analysis and ODN [s]infiltrators[/s] ambassadors, the temptation to short-circuit events for political advantage or expediency becomes great. Some alliances knew attacks were coming but decided to wait (1st FAN war), while others perceived attacks coming and decided to counter (ODN / TOP). With the current treaty system, such options must be planned carefully and care must be taken to avoid triggering a fight with too many adversaries. It is acknowledged that Polaris' target was chosen because of the lack of MDPs, while the Immortal's choice was poor because their target had a rich set of experienced allies. This rewards encumbrances, penalizes independent thought, and perpetuates the system of "uncritical support." Our system requires someone with the stones to do preemptive actions (espionage, raider-removal, frontal assaults) because action drives this game and keeps us coming back for more. We should be rewarding good game-play, good CN citizens, and good action, not good friends.

Contrary to popular belief, I don't want to salt the Athenian fields that no civilization may exist there ever again. Something I've come to realize is that great heroes require great villains, and Londo and company have made great villains to play against. Besides, my enemy today can be my friend tomorrow, and vice versa. Let us defend our allies, but let us simply defend them, not enable them. Even if they are right.
-----
Written by Sir Paul
The Tabloid Tribune - One Step Ahead of the Truth
Proudly Part of PNN

[size=8][b]State of the Red Team: The Cult of Justitia[/b][/size]
[img]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/CoJ/CoJwavesmall.png[/img]
-----
[i]The second in an ongoing series, The Tabloid Tribune will publish an in-depth look at each Red Team Alliance, focusing on its issues and relationships with Red Dawn and the greater Red Team Community. The editors hope that this series will help the nations of Bob make sound foreign policy decisions as it enters a new era.[/i]
-----
[b]Temple of Justice, Euroslavian Steppe[/b]: In my travels performing research for the BPI World Factbook, I've never met such hostile terrain as the Euroslavian Steppe. Once home to a thriving society, the arid land is littered with the remains of a people whose resource needs taxed the realm into collapse. There is no easy way to the Temple of Justice, it is as near exact center of the unending scrub-grass plain as geographically possible. The rare grouping of gnarled, water-starved and windblown trees does nothing to break up the monotony, but only instills a terror that one has already been this way and is now come in a circle.

Some thousand miles into the territory, our caravan ran short of fuel, and I thought we might die in a long-abandoned rest stop; and so we might have! if it were not for a small band of nomadic herders--devolved peoples of the once-great Euroslavian civilization--from whom we procured a few Bactrian camels in exchange for an iPod. I chuckled to myself thinking of their coming surprise when the batteries would die within a few days, leaving them bashing the magic box against a rock in vain attempts to make the music go.

Within a few days more, we spotted the rose granite walls of the Temple of Justice looming up against the horizon, and I marveled at what force of will must have transported the thousands of tons of rock to this blessed nowhere. The land was increasingly irrigated as we grew closer, and the odd Justitian could be seen tending to various crops and even a few small orchards. Arriving at the temple complex itself, we entered into the Forum Justitia, a vast open plaza open to visitors, whereupon we were conducted to an exedra in the east wall. Outsiders not being allowed beyond the plaza, the Presbyter and his host entertained us there.

[b]Bureau of Pacifican Intelligence World Factbook: Cult of Justitia[/b]

[i]Government Type[/i]: Iron-fisted Mysterious Theocracy
[i]Leadership Type[/i]: Absolute leader in the form of a Presbyter, or "prophet," and his appointed advisors: A Strategos ("general"), Apostolos ("apostle," representative abroad), and Dadouchos ("torch-bearer," example and mentor to members).
[i]Current Government[/i]: Presbyter - Schattenmann; Apostolos - Biff Webster; Strategos - zarophel
[i]Classification[/i]: Reclusive, but highly involved order of mod-worshippers.

[u]Organizations and Treaties[/u] – Justitia's cult refrains from compulsory treaties and adheres to a policy of general isolation; however, it has entered into a handful of diplomatic agreements.

ODOAP with Nemesis: CoJ's first treaty, signed in lieu of a protectorate to preserve sovereignty.
ODOAP with Browncoats: A former Browncoat, some claim that Schattenmann's allegiance to the reformed Browncoats is a form of penance.
Red Dawn: Cult of Justitia is a founding member of the Red Dawn Economic Cooperation Treaty.

The Cult of Justitia is also party to both TDO's Declaration of Global Neutrality, signed amid a flurry of cancellations, and GPA's Declaration of Neutrality. Schattenmann has historically been a dogged supporter of neutrality, and the cult's Apostolos Biff Webster is a former GPA President.

[u]Government Strengths:[/u]
Global Awareness
Poltical Connectedness
Rhetoric
Role Playing

[u]Government Weaknesses:[/u]
Political Correctness
Recruiting

[u]Current Issues facing the Cult:[/u]
[i]Growth:[/i] Though tenacious in its convictions, the Cult of Justitia has thus far failed to attract the growth one might have expected from the lineup of Digiterran talent running this arcane operation. The Cult continues a plateau at around 10 member states, and seems content to stay there, having no institutionalized recruitment program. True believers are left to find the remote temple on their own, it seems. Fortunately, the cult's membership is well-positioned to accomodate any influx of cash-starved small states, their ANS being a very comfortable 27,000; however, it remains to be seen whether it can shake off its elitist air, or attract adherents from a population increasingly unaware of who Justitia was.

[i]Red Dawn:[/i] The Cult has been an active supporter of Red Dawn and Red Unity, and their seven nations are active participants in Red Trading, Aiding, and Brotherhood.
-----
Written by Schattenmann, Edited by Sir Paul
Proudly Part of PNN

[size=8][b]New Pacific Order to Join TOP-C&G War[/b][/size]
[img]http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/600/thegoodoledays.png[/img]
[i]A major hegemonic war without Pacifica? Insanity![/i]

[b]Crymson, The Order of the Paradox[/b]: With nuclear weapons firing and losses mounting up, the simple spat between \m/ and Polaris has devolved into a major alliance war, drawing in independents such as TOP, FAN, and soon, the New Pacific Order. While Francograd has traditionally been the axis around which the world has turned, her blue counterpart, Polaris, founded by Ivan Moldavi, has shifted into the limelight, fulfilling the role of Global Protagonist with a panache that inspires statements such this:

"My goodness, I hope you're indefinitely locked in peace terms from this conflict. Disbandment would be a favor to you." -[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=79847&view=findpost&p=2152444]Crowdog of Mushroom Kingdom[/url]

Pacifica is proud that although she no longer directly drives global conflict, it is an Order (whether it be Polar, Sith or Paradox) that moves our 'verse. However, Pacifica's surrender terms presents a unique opportunity for the Body Republic: most notably is that Pacifica is without treaties to dictate her actions, she is under the "protection" of the Group of 15, and has no restrictions on war declarations. This means that the New Pacific Order is free to join the current conflict on which ever side she chooses, and can retreat to G15 protection if things go south. While there are those that question how an alliance with only 20% troops, no tech, no nukes, no navy, no air force and no military improvements can fight effectively, it has been pointed out by Lord Brendan of the Commonwealth of Sovereign Nations that Pacificans, even under restrictions, should have no problem fighting a war. According to [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=78133&view=findpost&p=2098900]him[/url], "Several people coordinating their small ground forces could probably anarchy a target as well if they had a lot deployed." The Order looks forward to putting this into practice.

Now, some may be questioning the reasons for joining the war, and indeed, it seems odd for an alliance without treaties or commitments, coming off of a major war where the world came together as if to put down an out-of-control rabid dog, would all of a sudden join a major conflict in which the alliance has no stake in (Actually, why did FAN join the war?). But anyway, Pacifica has always wanted to try this "bandwagon" thing, and I think this would be a good war to get our feet wet in. First of all, many alliances are so busy fighting nations who actually threaten them that there probably would not be much interest in attacking Pacifican nations, but that should not stop us from collecting a healthy bit of reparations. Did you know that NPO only launched 25 offensive wars against Athens and Athens received 1.8 billion in cash equivalents? That is certainly a healthy chunk of cash for limited exposure, and we'd gladly "do our share" to ensure our sides' victory. We also believe that we have the best offers around for surrendering nations; if you surrender to the NPO, you get a free ad in Paul'sLIST, without any of the decommission requirements! That's a deal that simply can not be passed up and certainly beats the surrender deals offered by TOP or FAN.

Finally, we haven't yet chosen a "side" which means that we're able to shop around for the best deal. For example, Mushroom Kingdom is so desperate for additional NS on their side that they chose to spit in the eye of the Siberian Tiger Alliance and asked them to fight their close allies, and then they had Polar fight TOP?! I mean, you'd either have to be a real desperate or a real !@#$%^& to have the gall to pull that off, so maybe Archon can get some reparations and military restrictions waived in exchange for the might of the Pacifican Army? And who knows, maybe Orange and the Orders pull off an upset and we join in at the last second and pick up a couple billion for our troubles here and there?

In the interim, the New Pacific Order will be accepting individual surrenders from all parties. To surrender, peace out all of your wars, post your resignation in [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=213&st=0]this thread[/url] along with a promise not to re-enter this or any other associated conflict, change your alliance affiliation to [b]NPO POW[/b] and send me a private message with your desired PaulsLIST ad.

See you on the field of Honor.

Pacifica Prevails!

BONUS SIGS!
[img]http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo231/rocknraider/surrender2.png[/img]

[img]http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo231/rocknraider/surrender1.gif[/img]

[img]http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/6910/firsttimeo.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/5897/npopow.png[/img]
-----
Written by Sir Paul
[color=blue]Images by Rocknraider (first two), Darquel & Lord Valleo[/color]
Proudly Part of PNN

[size=8][b]PaulsLIST[/b][/size]
[i]Classified Ads Never Looked So Good[/i]

===GAMBLING TIME===
Sooner of VE sets GGA's [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=79907&view=findpost&p=2155024]odds of survival[/url] at 12,873,587,417,623,479,873,918,734,878 to 1.

Being from an alliance that has disbanded in the past, I'm sure Sooner knows what he's talking about. Being a bit of a risk taker myself, I'm betting Sooner $1 that GGA will survive. Should they disband during their war with our eternal allies, MHA, I will arrange to have $1 sent to you. Should they not, please remit 10 billion to the G15 and the rest (12 octillion) to the New Pacific Order.

===CNAA NOMINATIONS ALMOST IN===
The Academy has until Sunday to submit their nominations and will soon participate in final voting for the Cybernations Academy Awards, presented by the Pacific News Network. Keep an eye on the forums for updates on when the star-studded ceremony will take place!

===PUBLIC NOTICE===
The Pacific Bank announces that the following alliances have received final KARMA payment from the New Pacific Order

RoK
GUN
The International

The investment vehicle will mature in 1 - 5 years with an estimated 14 fold return. Thank you for choosing the Pacifican Bank for your investment needs.

===OPEN AUDITIONS===
The Pacific News Network is holding open auditions for the light opera [i]NPS Evermore or The Lass that Loved an Emperor[/i]. This collaboration between Sir Paul and Sullivan has delighted audiences for generations and is now coming to an open world forum near you. If you are interested, please have the ability to convert your dulcimer tones into an .mp3. Those interested in auditioning should send a PM to Sir Paul, preferably with a sample of your work.

Edited by Sir Paul

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone got their groove on here. Aside from your accepting POWs stance, I especially liked this:

[quote]
The new watchword put out by Gramlins, "uncritical support" is interesting in that it seems to be a departure from this alliances' roots and certainly nails the zeitgeist that an ally's actions are to be defended, regardless of what they are, including people saying you should support allies even when they're wrong, because that's when they need it the most. This type of logic leads to screenplays about a drunken Londo accidently running over a pedestrian and Xixophis, Archon and King Xander helping him dispose the body. If your ally is wrong, you can still support them and try to work out a deal for them while acknowledging that their actions were wrong. There shouldn't be any shame in refusing to work out a deal with the DA for everyone instead of going to the slammer with a maximum sentence for friendship.
[/quote]

Well put and it's good to see a thought-provoking edition of TTT.

I laughed very hard at the bit about Sooner putting odds on GGA's survival and his likely debt to Pacifica of 12 octillion dollars in the case that GGA does not disband due to this war.

Thanks for the read, Paul.

Edit: Put the quote in.

[quote name='Sir Paul' date='14 February 2010 - 02:24 AM' timestamp='1266085497' post='2179447']===GAMBLING TIME===
Sooner of VE sets GGA's [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=79907&view=findpost&p=2155024]odds of survival[/url] at 12,873,587,417,623,479,873,918,734,878 to 1.

Being from an alliance that has disbanded in the past, I'm sure Sooner knows what he's talking about. Being a bit of a risk taker myself, I'm betting Sooner $1 that GGA will survive. Should they disband during their war with our eternal allies, MHA, I will arrange to have $1 sent to you. Should they not, please remit 10 billion to the G15 and the rest (12 octillion) to the New Pacific Order.[/quote]

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Sir Paul' date='13 February 2010 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1266085497' post='2179447']
In the Order, it is easy (the Emperor's word is law, and if his assent is absent, the document is void).[/quote]
For example: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=79468

[quote name='mpol777' date='13 February 2010 - 06:54 PM' timestamp='1266087265' post='2179492']
Maybe when all of this is over we can have story time and I'll tell the tale.
[/quote]

This is probably the funniest thing I'll read in this thread.

You can give yourself another point mpol.

Good read, the posts you quoted is pretty much what is expected for us all.

[quote name='Hyperion321' date='12 February 2010 - 05:00 AM' timestamp='1265950801' post='2176654']
For this, there will be no white peace for you Legion. This war will be long, and for you it will be painful. Your alliance will be completely and utterly destroyed.
[/quote][quote name='Crowdog' date='02 February 2010 - 06:10 AM' timestamp='1265091054' post='2152444']
I hope you're indefinitely locked in peace terms from this conflict. Disbandment would be a favor to you.
[/quote]

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Alterego' date='13 February 2010 - 07:16 PM' timestamp='1266088585' post='2179523']
Good read, the posts you quoted is pretty much what is expected for us all.
[/quote]
Thanks for not taking out the part where I said [i]until they surrender[/i]. Really, thank you. I was hoping you didn't just quote a small part of my statement in order to make it look like we're trying to disband Legion or anything.

Oh wait...you did do that. Hm...why would you only show one sentence of the statement? It's not like you're trying to take something out of context in order to make Sparta look....evil? Are you?

[quote name='Hyperion321' date='13 February 2010 - 07:30 PM' timestamp='1266089433' post='2179541']
Thanks for not taking out the part where I said [i]until they surrender[/i]. Really, thank you. I was hoping you didn't just quote a small part of my statement in order to make it look like we're trying to disband Legion or anything.

Oh wait...you did do that. Hm...why would you only show one sentence of the statement? It's not like you're trying to take something out of context in order to make Sparta look....evil? Are you?
[/quote]
The whole post makes you look like you threw a temper tantrum because The Legion didnt do what you ordered them to do.

[quote]The war is back on. [b]For this, there will be no white peace for you Legion[/b]. This war will be long, and for you it will be painful. Your alliance will be completely and utterly destroyed. Your tech - pillaged. Your nations - flattened. Your citizens - wiped out.[/quote]
No fury like a spartan scorned, eh?

[quote][b]We will not stop or slow down your destruction until you come to us[/b], all together and together in agreement for once, asking for surrender. And no, you won't be able to pull this veto bullcrap again. Until you are ready to give up properly, enjoy your trip through hell. I know I will.[/quote]
You've washed your hands of ever offering the Legion peace again. Now you will keep them in perpetual war because your ego was bruised.

[quote name='Hyperion321' date='13 February 2010 - 07:30 PM' timestamp='1266089433' post='2179541']

[/quote]
It's not like this is a tabloid-style publication. No sir, no hatchet jobs ever emanate from the Tabloid Tribu- oh wait, there's that word. Tabloid. Look it up.