An announcement from The Order of the Paradox

[center][/center]

This is simply to inform the world that our election cycle has concluded and that, since no one has leaked the results or the platforms (obviously evil stuff), we have noticed we would have to do it ourselves.

Here is the new government:
Grandmaster: Yevgeni Luchenkov

Grand Chancellor: Centurius

Grand Hospitaller: Salajol

Our Heptagon goes as follow:

-Bob Ilyani   (elected: June 2013)
-Bodvar Jarl  (elected: June 2013)
-Deus  (elected: April 2013)
-Lum  (elected: May 2013)
-Maladieshie  (elected: May 2013)
-Megamind  (elected: May 2013)
-SiCkO  (elected: April 2013)

Before I forget, we have recently had a problem with a most devious character. On June 6th, a first wave of screenshots was leaked. We took a few measures that we had hoped would solve the problem. On June 7th, another wave of screenshots was leaked. The measures we took on the 6th permitted us to find the backdoor account that was used on the 7th. There was some speculation that we still had a spy in our midst because he continued to leak screenshots for a few more days: to the best of our knowledge, nothing published after June 7th 1400 EST was leaked. We have found the culprit, our government and membership have been presented with the evidence and, since we are not entirely evil, we have given him a chance to present his defense while we maintain him in a state of anarchy. He has done so and we are now investigating his claims. 

Long live Paradoxia,

Kind of obvious it's this guy you are accusing of spying.  Anarchy until proved innocent makes for an interesting judicial system I guess....

If you were in the situation, what would you do, oh beacon of morality and virtue?

This is a cool government, and I'm glad to be a part of it. #platysphere4lyfe and what not.

If you were in the situation, what would you do, oh beacon of morality and virtue?

This is a cool government, and I'm glad to be a part of it. #platysphere4lyfe and what not.

Valhalla would EZI them, duh.

Just seems a bit silly to have a trial process if you caught the guy red handed.  If on the other hand there is a presumption of innocence, why are you inflicting damage on a nation that hasn't been convicted of a crime?

Just seems a bit silly to have a trial process if you caught the guy red handed.  If on the other hand there is a presumption of innocence, why are you inflicting damage on a nation that hasn't been convicted of a crime?

No peace mode, no retaliation by hitting allied nations. If he's built his nation right, damage is negligible. They're giving the guy a fair shot if nothing else.

You've seen the nation yourself- he's been a member of TOP for nearly 1200 days. While there is considerable proof beyond a reasonable doubt that he was the spy, a Paradoxian of that tenure deserves to at least have a chance to speak before the sentence is given. Justice is stern, but it doesn't have to be unfair at the same time.

Really seems unfair for the rest of us that the spy judging proceedings aren't being leaked.

That said, agree with above sounds like you are handling it well and congrats to the elected.

Bob has spoken the truth but I'll reiterate:

We have considerable evidence that he was the spy. Enough to justify preemptive action on his nation. Had we confronted him first, he could have done two things: escape to (OOC: peace mode) or attack other Paradoxians. The damage we have done so far is limited. This is a very complex case. Suffice to say, we now consider our forums secure.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

Bob has spoken the truth but I'll reiterate:

We have considerable evidence that he was the spy. Enough to justify preemptive action on his nation. Had we confronted him first, he could have done two things: escape to (OOC: peace mode) or attack other Paradoxians. The damage we have done so far is limited. This is a very complex case. Suffice to say, we now consider our forums secure.

Would expand on this and if you look at the damage, all they did was anarchy him.  There is no real damage done at this point in time, and if he is deemed innocent, he can easily rebuild without any issues.  

Would expand on this and if you look at the damage, all they did was anarchy him.  There is no real damage done at this point in time, and if he is deemed innocent, he can easily rebuild without any issues.  

His Reputation and such was damaged, as well as his back collect process.

I don't think there would be better way to handle it without declaring and putting him to anarchy though. So for that case, very good idea on doing that. You would think he would at least bulk up in soldiers and such if he was a spy though.