Imperial Announcement from the New Pacific Order

As the old adage goes, history repeats itself. I'm pleased to announce for the New Pacific Order and the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization that this seems to be the case, and in a positive way, too.

[quote][center][img]http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/1006/unityw.png[/img][/center]

[b]Preamble[/b]

The original Unity Covenant was a Mutual Defense Pact signed around March 2[sup]nd[/sup], 2006. Throughout that time, the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization and the New Pacific Order have shared an incredible six and a half years of history. The relationship dates back about a month before all this with the signing of The Dove Doctrine, a Non Aggression Pact, on February 2[sup]nd[/sup], 2006. Both of these treaties were firsts of their kinds for both GATO and the NPO and perhaps first for the Cyberverse. It is astounding that both alliances exist today in the face of every adversary and challenge which has been brought before us both in these last six and a half years. While lesser organizations have fallen to the test of time, our two communities have proven to be resilient, vibrant, and most importantly forgiving. This amazing past however, holds an even more amazing future. Our relationship is as old as Planet Bob itself, and it contains stories which range from the magnificent to the bizarre. We acknowledge that we are the guardians of the past and forgers of the future. We recognize that both of these alliances share more things in common now than ever before, and both alliances are proud to announce this Mutual Defense, Optional Aggression Pact, "The New Unity Covenant".

[b]Article I – We are the Pillars of this World.[/b]

Both GATO and the NPO recognize each other’s sovereignty and might. We each also recognize that this sovereignty is sacred and place trust in each other to keep it sacred. With this trust come assurances of respect, cooperation, and peace.

[b]Article II – We are the Watchers in the Darkness[/b]

There will come a time when knowledge shall be gained by one party which may be useful to the other party. In the darkness, we will give the other party light. Any of this information must be presented to the other party as soon as possible via official diplomatic and government channels. On top of the sharing of intelligence, it will be useful to also share economic might and assistance when possible.

[b]Article III – We are Bound by Fate and Fortune[/b]

Our fates and fortune shall be intertwined during times of war and aggression on the other party. An attack on one party shall be viewed as an attack on the other party, and they must respond accordingly if requested. When third parties are involved, this chaining of treaties becomes encouraged, but does not become mandatory.

[b]Article IV – We Forge our Own Paths[/b]

We know that peace is dependent on the strength and power of each other. Our paths in terms of the exertion of our strength can be as one if the other party so desires. Wars of aggression can be optional for the other party. The other party must be notified prior to the declaration of a war of aggression at least twenty four hours in advance.

[b]Article V – Only we can End Ourselves[/b]

Notice of cancellation of the treaty must be made known to the other party in private seventy two hours prior to the actual cancellation of the treaty. Each party is bound by Article I for ninety six hours after the cancellation of the treaty

[b]Signed,

For the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization:[/b]
[img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100115003205/cybernations/images/thumb/6/6c/Gatoflag2.png/150px-Gatoflag2.png[/img]

[i]Kubla Khan- Assembly Chairman

Dre4mwe4ver- Minister of Foreign Affairs
Jaquesparblue- Minister of Defense
Overlord Wes- Minister of Domestic Affairs
Skoriaan- Minister of Finance

GATO Congress[/i]

[b]For the New Pacific Order:[/b]
[img]http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6536/rsznpoflag.png[/img]

[i][b]Brehon,[/b]
Emperor of the New Pacific Order
Sword of the Order

[b]bakamitai,[/b]
Imperial Regent of the New Pacific Order
Judicator of the Order

[b]Farrin,[/b]
Imperial Officer of Foreign Affairs of the New Pacific Order
Purveyor of an FA Direction[/i][/quote]

Kubla and I both would also like to give a special shout-out to Lanore and TimLee, for everything they've done to get this relationship to where it is today.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic