A Statement from Doomhouse

Ardus

[quote name='WalkerNinja' timestamp='1300377827' post='2667767']

They're clamoring about it because the last time this term was issued, the war drew out for two years.

All FAN had to do to get peace was to come out of peace mode. They never did, so they never got peace.

Now FAN is leading the charge on NPO and issues the same term.

It's all very Charles Dickens.
[/quote]

FAN didn't issue this term. MK, Umbrella and GOONS did.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're clamoring about it because the last time this term was issued, the war drew out for two years.

All FAN had to do to get peace was to come out of peace mode. They never did, so they never got peace.

[/quote]
Then they (and their collective bedfellows) shouldn't be !@#$%*ing and moaning when the NPO doesn't come groveling, kissing their asses and thanking them for this kind "mercy", right?

If you have experienced this sort of term before (regardless of the implied illegitimacy stemming from historical debate and the recent NPO apology for the act itself) then you should be willing to accept the consequences of that term being rejected instead of acting all butthurt like MK and the others seem to be doing.

No one from the NPO government has posted here that they are appalled by these terms, even though they have every right to. Some have decided to point out the inconsistency that has been displayed for nearly two years now by those that initially waged war on Pacifica in the name of "righting past wrongs" and putting an end to injustice and overly harsh peace terms.

MK the oppressed to MK the oppressor.

A tale of two alliances indeed.

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1300377944' post='2667769']
I was always a key player Ivan. I know you're jealous.
[/quote]
[s]Honestly, I can at least state that I have heard of your name.[/s] But nothing you have ever done rings any bells.

Oh well.

EDIT: Sorry about that. Turns out I was confusing you with Crymson. Carry on.

Edited by Ivan Moldavi

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1300373002' post='2667702']
How bad do you want that satisfaction? I'm sure if the reps were dropped, we'd all have no problems coming out of PM. Hell, I'm dying to come out and this topic makes me happy that it might be happening soon.
[/quote]

Please do. I'll be waiting for you under the old oak tree.

Once you are attacked on the basis of a foreign policy design saying-- "not giving you a chance, ever"-- based on no CB, provocation or reason for war as recognizable by their understanding here, what really is the point in settling for peace anyway?

As showed, we will be attacked first opportune moment again, when we grow too large for comfort of our current attackers. DH DoW was clear. So better then to be in the permanent formal state of war, then pretend some kind of "peace" nonsense.

It has only been 2 months, sweeties.

[quote name='Qazzian' timestamp='1300379190' post='2667785']
Reasking my question since it was side stepped:

What guarantee is there that DoomHouse et al would stand down after the 1 month time period?
[/quote]
What guarantee is there behind any peace term?

[quote name='Qazzian' timestamp='1300379190' post='2667785']
Reasking my question since it was side stepped:

What guarantee is there that DoomHouse et al would stand down after the 1 month time period?
[/quote]
It isn't a matter of whether or not such a guarantee would exist because of the simple fact that it wouldn't be needed. As pointed out earlier, the statistical differential between the top tier in NPO and those attacking it is sufficient enough to completely obliterate the 9 NPO nations above 100k NS easily within a one month contained war.

If the NPO agreed to this term it would never have to worry about those top tier nations agreeing to stop their attack because the top tier of Pacifica would be fighting alongside the current combatants at the lower tiers.

Edited by Ivan Moldavi

Very sad. There are elements in each of the Orders that work so well that if they were recombined and given a new path, things would get very interesting indeed.

[/quote]

Walker, I find this post most disappointing. I always thought better of you. [img]http://fangamers.net/images/smilies/shrug.gif[/img]

[quote]All FAN had to do to get peace was to come out of peace mode. They never did, so they never got peace.[/quote]

After being mutilated by an approximately 10-1 odds assault, we did come out and accepted peace with terms. Then as those terms came close to ending, (NPO has admitted this publicly) they stabbed us in the back with an unjustified full scale assault.

[quote]Now FAN is leading the charge on NPO and issues the same term.[/quote]

Given that leading the charge is a subjective term, I thank you for the compliment. As for FAN issuing the same (or any other) terms. Please show me where that took place as I have obviously missed that post.

[quote name='greenacres' timestamp='1300370507' post='2667660']
You do realize that every alliance that's attacking you, is an alliance that the NPO either once forced to disband, forced their former selves to disband, or tried unsuccessfully to force to disband? You can't rightfully claim the moral highground and hide behind the karma war nonsense when you haven't paid for your crimes against these alliances. They're using your own tactics against you, I suggest you humble yourselves, realize how $%&@ed up your own tactics were, and just be genuine in your response to those alliances.
[/quote]
This is silly. First of all, GOONS1 was right there sniffing NPO's butt and giggling maniacally to help disband or jump any alliance NPO asked, VE included ([19:15] <Ardus[MK]> Back when I was an enemy of GOONS, there was no Mercy Board. There was just "you're $%&@ed" [this is [u]factually incorrect[/u], there has always been a mercy board, but it illustrates the point]). [i]Polaris[/i] had NPO by the balls in the run-up to the UjW and Polaris tap-danced on GOONS's and Genmay's faces, not NPO. Besides, new GOONS literally goes bananas if you start making comparisons to them and GOONS1, so they have no claim on UjW drama; they've gotta own that they are the same alliance or they've gotta keep it consistent. MK got it's revenge in Karma, and a year of money to boot. Your simpleton justification for this curbstomp also fails to account for alliances like CoJ and Legion, a Vox splinter and an alliance that NPO kicked in their teeth, and then placed under a viceroy to prevent disbandment and keep the reps flowing. If it is the case that this is more payback for crap that happened in 2007 and 2008, then why should any of us even bother ending this war? If war is not the solution to greivances, so you jsut get more war as soon as you've had a chance to get some money back in your pocket to be taken again, then why give into that tribute system? We won't.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1300378121' post='2667773']
FAN didn't issue this term. MK, Umbrella and GOONS did.
[/quote]

Yes, we know. FAN isn't a member of Doomhouse. They just happen to be at war with NPO, and just happened to pre-empt NPO at the same time that Doomhouse did. Moreso than MK, FAN has the right to hunt NPO into extinction like a coked up Ted Nugent.

Clearly FAN has nothing at all to do with what we're talking about. Thanks for your insight.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1300378149' post='2667774']
A tale of two alliances indeed.
[/quote]

This war is like an onion. There's lots of layers and lots of tears.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1300374249' post='2667722']
Eternal war one of the 2 choices you are forcing on them
[/quote]

You don't see how turnabout is fair play in this case? Do you forget what they did to FAN? Or the original GOONS? Or Genmay? Or NoR/NV? Or LUE?

The NPO once gave terms that were strikingly similar to an alliance they were at war with, it could have been GPA, I don't remember, but the terms were literally "come out of peace mode and fight for xx time and we'll discuss peace then." This is fair play.

[quote name='Princess Doomee' timestamp='1300379543' post='2667792']
words
[/quote]

Sorry Jack, I spoke inaccurately.

Let me rather say that I find it highly ironic that NPO is being issued the VietFAN term by alliances that are acting in tandem with FAN against NPO. I find it both highly ironic and highly [i]appropriate[/i]. If this was their version of justice then, they should be prepared to accept it now.

I'm not sure what you're disappointed in.

Edited by WalkerNinja

[quote name='WalkerNinja' timestamp='1300379963' post='2667795']
Yes, we know. FAN isn't a member of Doomhouse. They just happen to be at war with NPO, and just happened to pre-empt NPO at the same time that Doomhouse did. Moreso than MK, FAN has the right to hunt NPO into extinction like a coked up Ted Nugent.

Clearly FAN has nothing at all to do with what we're talking about. Thanks for your insight.

[/quote]

It literally says in the very first post of this topic who it is from. FAN isn't even mentioned in the topic, anywhere. You can't really say FAN DID IT when Doomhouse couldn't even be bothered to include their name in the announcement. Additionally, at least 1 member of FAN has visited this topic to state that they aren't issuing the term.

Edited by pezstar

[quote name='WalkerNinja' timestamp='1300379963' post='2667795']

[/quote]

indeed there are lots of tears. They sound like they are coming from DH more than anyone else. "Boohoo, our top tier nations aren bored because they aren't fighting us in a suicide"

Edited by Guffey

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1300379923' post='2667794']
This is silly. First of all, GOONS1 was right there sniffing NPO's butt and giggling maniacally to help disband or jump any alliance NPO asked, VE included ([19:15] <Ardus[MK]> Back when I was an enemy of GOONS, there was no Mercy Board. There was just "you're $%&@ed" [this is [u]factually incorrect[/u], there has always been a mercy board, but it illustrates the point]). [i]Polaris[/i] had NPO by the balls in the run-up to the UjW and Polaris tap-danced on GOONS's and Genmay's faces, not NPO. Besides, new GOONS literally goes bananas if you start making comparisons to them and GOONS1, so they have no claim on UjW drama; they've gotta own that they are the same alliance or they've gotta keep it consistent. MK got it's revenge in Karma, and a year of money to boot. Your simpleton justification for this curbstomp also fails to account for alliances like CoJ and Legion, a Vox splinter and an alliance that NPO kicked in their teeth, and then placed under a viceroy to prevent disbandment and keep the reps flowing. If it is the case that this is more payback for crap that happened in 2007 and 2008, then why should any of us even bother ending this war? If war is not the solution to greivances, so you jsut get more war as soon as you've had a chance to get some money back in your pocket to be taken again, then why give into that tribute system? We won't.
[/quote]

Again, boo hoo. I'm crying on the inside. I really am.

[quote name='Guffey' timestamp='1300380187' post='2667800']
indeed there are lots of tears. They sound like they are coming from DH more than anyone else. "Boohoo, our top tier nations aren bored because they aren't fighting us in a suicide"
[/quote]

I just have to say that you have made a wonderful pun. Thank you.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1300380142' post='2667799']
It literally says in the very first post of this topic who it is from. FAN isn't even mentioned in the topic, anywhere. You can't really say FAN DID IT when Doomhouse couldn't even be bothered to include their name in the announcement. Additionally, at least 1 member of FAN has visited this topic to state that they aren't issuing the term.
[/quote]

I cleared up my innacuracy [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=99990&view=findpost&p=2667797"]here[/url].

[quote name='greenacres' timestamp='1300380300' post='2667802']
Again, boo hoo. I'm crying on the inside. I really am.
[/quote]
No one from the NPO government has stated that these terms are unfair so what is your point? Only your side has been crying about nations being in peace mode. Only your side cried about it when the NPO delivered it to FAN so long ago. FAN didn't cry about it then, just as NPO is not now.

Shedding light on an apparent inconsistency in policy and fraudulent ethos isn't the same as crying. The OP is more or less an emo statement about how Pacifica broke MK's heart (and maybe read her diary or something) and how even though junior high and high school are over and they are both sophomores in college on opposite coasts, MK still pines after NPO and still carries around a secret rage over being dumped.

Does MK cut itself too?

GOONS, and the rest of the screaming mob, attacked NPO out of the blue because your side didn't get enough blood money from Karma. If a year's worth of reps wasn't enough, then there isn't any point in denying you just want us dead.

I'm sorry but we have no intention of dying. Not today, next month, or next year. We will fight this war in a manner of our own choosing, and if that means that we're still fighting this in January 2012, so be it. If you don't like how we choose to fight the war you started, that's your problem.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1300380562' post='2667810']
No one from the NPO government has stated that these terms are unfair so what is your point? Only your side has been crying about nations being in peace mode. Only your side cried about it when the NPO delivered it to FAN so long ago. FAN didn't cry about it then, just as NPO is not now.

Shedding light on an apparent inconsistency in policy and fraudulent ethos isn't the same as crying. The OP is more or less an emo statement about how Pacifica broke MK's heart (and maybe read her diary or something) and how even though junior high and high school are over and they are both sophomores in college on opposite coasts, MK still pines after NPO and still carries around a secret rage over being dumped.

Does MK cut itself too?
[/quote]

My side? *checks alliance affiliation* I don't have a side. I think the NPO is the best community planet bob has, or at least that I've ever been a part of, but I'm not going to sit here and say that these terms are unfair, given who these alliances are, and their history with the NPO.

Edited by greenacres

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1300375593' post='2667739']
"Calling out" the enemy may not have been what initiated it, but I think we both know that it is more or less what this turned into.

You also know I'm right...this is not a war you want to fight any more. I was in \m/ during VietFAN (the FAN-WUT portion). First part of the war was great fun, kicked some tails, gathered tech/land. Second part I spent a lot of time babysitting ZIed or mostly ZIed nations that would throw two CMs everyday, chipping away at my infrastructure--boring and irritating only began to describe it. I counted myself happy and lucky to finally get out of the trenches and move on to better things.

Ultimately DH may break the stalemate here, but not being completely at peace puts you behind those that are, whatever brave face you want to put on it.
[/quote]

Personally, I've always though of people getting bored and giving up strategic aims to be pretty lame, so it is a war I want to fight until our objectives are achieved. There are no really "better things" to move onto, really. I mean, do you think anyone wants to go back to long months of peace when everyone was complaining about how everything is stagnant not too long ago? 2 months(not even at this point) and then peace for a long time?'

It's really not important enough to give up the current war over, or we wouldn't be fighting it. Not that many people got out of the Polar theater without taking significant damage and Duckroll is being put on a more level footing after being thrashed. 2 months is nothing for a main front.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1300380667' post='2667816']
Personally, I've always though of people getting bored and giving up strategic aims to be pretty lame, so it is a war I want to fight until our objectives are achieved. There are no really "better things" to move onto, really. I mean, do you think anyone wants to go back to long months of peace when everyone was complaining about how everything is stagnant not too long ago? 2 months(not even at this point) and then peace for a long time?'

It's really not important enough to give up the current war over, or we wouldn't be fighting it. Not that many people got out of the Polar theater without taking significant damage and Duckroll is being put on a more level footing after being thrashed. 2 months is nothing for a main front.
[/quote]
I am just curious, because I have not seen them posted anywhere else, what exactly are your objectives in this war?