A Statement from Doomhouse

Ardus

[quote name='Doitzel' timestamp='1300384695' post='2667871']
It is if you don't... wait, what were the words?

Clearly NPO has rejected your terms, so yes, I suppose it goes on. The question is, for how long? Tick-tock. And I have to 'accept' no such thing: the only such alliances who would push an indefinite war rather than present reasonable terms of surrender are the oppressive types I've put a lot of effort into toppling. Surrenders should be [i]negotiated[/i], not forced under the threat of eternal war.
[/quote]

If you think about it, aren't all surrenders, and thus all war negotiations, ultimately under the threat of eternal war?

Peace negotiations start with a condition of war, as a way of negotiating an end to that condition. Returning to war is the "no sale" option. If eternal war is forced by an alliance sticking hard to a particular condition (be it reparations, compulsory war mode, or whatever else), isn't it just as forced by an alliance insisting on white peace or nothing (as several alliances on NPO's side have demanded)?

Edited by Lamuella

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1300384709' post='2667873']
This is my last response to you. Bickering over a % that is close to 10%, but not exactly 10%, is petty and beneath you. You may move on at any time to something worth talking about now that your actual argument has been crushed. Until then, continue to look the fool. Mind you, I notice you seem to enjoy this role so maybe it's just your hobby like a Jester in a king's court. Whatever floats your boat if that is the case.
[/quote]

Is the above your last response to me, or the next post you post? I see you've fallen into that pattern of having to post after saying you weren't going to post anymore. Bummer.

More than 10% have been in peace mode for two months. More than 20% have been in peace mode for two months. Learn math (or "maths", for those of you that prefer it).

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1300384924' post='2667881']
war forever it is then, thanks for making your choice npo
[/quote]

Yup, you may as well give up now, because until you do.. none of you will be making any progress.

*Press the mute button on Nippy's microphone due to his pettiness.*

I am sure the content of this thread just much improved.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1300385025' post='2667887']
*puts nippy on ignore for being pretty*
[/quote]

Fixed that for ya, buddy. See what you're becoming, NPO? SEE? :awesome:

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1300385017' post='2667885']
If you think about it, aren't all surrenders ultimately under the threat of eternal war?

Peace negotiations start with a condition of war, as a way of negotiating an end to that condition. Returning to war is the "no sale" option. If eternal war is forced by an alliance sticking hard to a particular condition (be it reparations, compulsory war mode, or whatever else), isn't it just as forced by an alliance insisting on white peace or nothing (as several alliances on NPO's side have demanded)?
[/quote]
This argument would be more convincing if you hadn't attacked an alliance completely unprovoked. Maybe you should take this up with FAN, or your [i]very good friends[/i] in Farkistan.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1300384866' post='2667878']
Your sentence was a run-on. I find it sad that you're unable to recognize that and own up to it.

I failed to address anything of significance with my post because there was nothing of significance in the post I was responding to. You claimed quite clearly that nothing we say is of value, that our arguments are invalid. Right back at you, pilgrim.
[/quote]
Actually, no. That isn't correct on any count. I have had several ongoing dialogues with those from your side within this thread in which I have discussed the issues and sought clarity. What you are spewing now is just tripe and idiocy, but not unexpected.

Reading is your friend. That is all I was trying to convey to you. Obviously such an easy task is above you and that is fine. Please continue to post from a position of ignorance, it amuses me (and several others evidently). I pointed out that the point you attempted to make, after side stepping the point I [i]did[/i] make (because you obviously could not formulate a valid or even coherent response), has already been discussed [i]ad nauseum[/i] within this topic and your position has been found lacking. If you have something new to provide the gallery that will shift that perception, then feel free to bring it forth, otherwise you are just playing "no you" which only highlights that you are truly out of your depth altogether.

Anyway, cool story bro. Feel free to continue to spout on, "pilgrim".

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1300385025' post='2667887']
Yup, you may as well give up now, because until you do.. none of you will be making any progress.

*Press the mute button on Nippy's microphone.*

I am sure the content of this thread just much improved.
[/quote]

I'm not here to progress, I'm here to make sure someone else doesn't and enjoy the reactions.

I find this talk of "trusting" the NPO front's word pretty ridiculous. The word trust invokes a lofty image of a greater sense of mutual understanding. That's not what going on here. Instead, Pacifica is being asked to take their word if given, a concept which is very distinct from trust in the fact that it's narrowly tailored to a specific circumstance. This is a common occurrence between parties that don't exactly trust each other, most notably in regards to peace terms. The defeated alliance has to take the victors word that violence against their nations will end by them meeting certain conditions. There is nothing here that differs from that structure simply because the matter is precursory.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1300385149' post='2667890']
wow, you sure showed everyone who the petty one was right there.
[/quote]

When people make up their own statistics and behave like children, they shall be treated as such. Also, Ivan, just ignore him.. this thread is not about grammar.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1300385245' post='2667893']
I'm not here to progress, I'm here to make sure someone else doesn't and enjoy the reactions.
[/quote]

Do you realize if we share the same objective.. this one.. and point it at each other.. the war truly will be eternal and we will both fulfill our objectives? Just wondering.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1300385287' post='2667895']
When people make up their own statistics and behave like children, they shall be treated as such. Also, Ivan, just ignore him.. this thread is not about grammar.
[/quote]
I know. I have nothing better to do at the moment so I will entertain the ignorant masses with my feats of typing long sentences in a single bound.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1300385488' post='2667898']
I know. I have nothing better to do at the moment so I will entertain the ignorant masses with my feats of typing long sentences in a single bound.
[/quote]

I just find it entertaining you exhausted our enemies arguments so much they're having to attack your prose directly instead of the ideas contained by the prose. Pretty remarkable. Total losers.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1300385408' post='2667897']
Do you realize if we share the same objective.. this one.. and point it at each other.. the war truly will be eternal and we will both fulfill our objectives? Just wondering.
[/quote]

Should I lay on my arm until it's numb before we do this or are you cool with the thrill of the feeling?

[quote name='Heyman' timestamp='1300385527' post='2667899']
A) You already have. And it's your fault.
B) Your fault.
C) Yes. Are they in the wrong there? Don't have the moral high ground or something? :smug:
[/quote]

Technically I've already told them they should surrender while they have anything left in tact.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1300385016' post='2667884']
You know nothing of the depth of our diplomacy, we have resolved or reduced the hatred of many important alliances towards GOONS. From one hated alliance to another, I implore you to take our advice.
[/quote]

If you think that people treated GOONS because your "depth diplomacy" your are ridiculously deluded. Umbrella/MK signed a treaty with you because they wanted your tech sellers and your lower tier nations to fight wars for them, also you have the same infantile mentality of them(MK/=LOST=/PC) and VE signed a treaty with you because they wanted to strengthen their ties with those in power.

Depth diplomacy... :lol1:

Edited by D34th

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1300385569' post='2667900']
I just find it entertaining you exhausted our enemies arguments so much they're having to attack your prose directly instead of the ideas contained by the prose. Pretty remarkable. Total losers.
[/quote]
And I'm out of practice. It is a damned shame I will be offline for the next ten days or so after tomorrow. If I had a steady stream of !@#$%^&* for a few days I would really be able to bring back The Moldavi Show.

Oh well. :P

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1300385275' post='2667894']
There is nothing here that differs from that structure simply because the matter is precursory.
[/quote]
[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=63887]Yes there is.[/url]

[quote name='Doitzel' timestamp='1300385193' post='2667891']
This argument would be more convincing if you hadn't attacked an alliance completely unprovoked. Maybe you should take this up with FAN, or your [i]very good friends[/i] in Farkistan.
[/quote]

I think you might have misinterpreted what my argument actually was.

Of course there are extremes of perma-war, and having been both a member of the original GOONS (and both perma-warred and been perma-warred) and at one point a Farkistani, I have experienced such things and their aftermath. There's a world of difference between "we won't give you any terms ever", and "We have this term and we're sticking to it".

However, "the threat of eternal war" is somewhere in any peace negotiation, in the same way that the threat of men with guns is somewhere in any enforcement of laws. If two sides have bargaining positions in peace negotiations that they are unwilling to move from, war will continue until one of them [i]is[/i] willing to continue. NPO and their allies are clearly betting on us being more willing to move. We're clearly betting on it being them.

This is a world away from the kind of perma-war perpetrated in CN back during the days of the Initiative and the Continuum/1V.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1300385230' post='2667892']
Actually, no. That isn't correct on any count. I have had several ongoing dialogues with those from your side within this thread in which I have discussed the issues and sought clarity. What you are spewing now is just tripe and idiocy, but not unexpected.

Reading is your friend. That is all I was trying to convey to you. Obviously such an easy task is above you and that is fine. Please continue to post from a position of ignorance, it amuses me (and several others evidently). I pointed out that the point you attempted to make, after side stepping the point I [i]did[/i] make (because you obviously could not formulate a valid or even coherent response), has already been discussed [i]ad nauseum[/i] within this topic and your position has been found lacking. If you have something new to provide the gallery that will shift that perception, then feel free to bring it forth, otherwise you are just playing "no you" which only highlights that you are truly out of your depth altogether.

Anyway, cool story bro. Feel free to continue to spout on, "pilgrim".
[/quote]

It's funny, because with a tiny bit of prodding, one can make the great Ivan Moldavi go from whining about ad hominem attacks to an entire beautiful melody of ad hominem within just one page! Reading is your friend, too, Ivan....as is writing and ability to communicate with your mouth. Those are all friends of yours. What isn't your friend is your tendency to slip into your own little 'no u' mode. Upon your claim that all points made by our 'side' are invalid, you removed any possible form of actual debate and turned this puppy into a bicker-fest. Settle down, maybe have a beer or two, and try again. Maybe rational, coherent arguments will come to you afterward.

Edited by nippy

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1300385569' post='2667900']
[/quote]
Maelstrom Vortex let me introduce you to Ivan Moldavi. Ivan Moldavi, here is Maelstrom Vortex. :D

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1300385632' post='2667901']
Should I lay on my arm until it's numb before we do this or are you cool with the thrill of the feeling?
[/quote]

If that's some kind of smack talk, it's the worst I've ever seen. You haven't thrilled me at all, nor shall you. To me I shall find great joy in the systematic destruction of all that is GOONAS until I am straight jacketed by our war department. You're welcome to engage me as soon as I leave peace again in some.. 18 or so days with full nuclear armaments.