An Imperial Announcement from the New Pacific Order

[quote name='bakamitai' timestamp='1299988777' post='2662281']
For the record: this apology was long overdue. I'm sorry it wasn't made earlier.

I expect that many of you on the sidelines will insult us -- go ahead, this apology isn't meant for you. [u][b] Your words are meaningless.[/b][/u]

[/quote]

Oh the irony. Also saying "my" words are meaningless in a retort is both expected and not very creative.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1299988364' post='2662266']
Two years after you forced war upon them for two years you say "I'm sorry"?

That makes it go away.
[/quote]
Oh look, it's people who can't read the OP. And they're all uneducated swill from Doomhut. Truly, shocking.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1299988964' post='2662293']
one other point.. I would think a productive apology to FAN would begin with an NPO Emporer querying up a SOTPKA (apologies if i screwed up the acronym) or Mpol and having a conversation with out an audience to play for.
[/quote]
Oh that's--haha--that's [i]precious[/i]. Did you think this is the opening? Did you think that? Oh, you!

While these words are nice to see. They are a little late to the game. In all honesty should of been probably posted by those who kept FAN at war for 2 yrs instead of their current MoFA.

But at least it's a start to making things right not sure if it's all that good enough but that is up to mpol and FAN to decide.

Edited by Myworld

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1299988319' post='2662264']
At this point everyone will start jeering NPO for engaging in the actions that mpol says FAN wants from NPO.
[/quote]

So FAN wants a fake and transparent apology?

I seriously don't understand the point of apologies made under duress. It makes the one apologizing look weak and the one mandating the apology has to know it isn't genuine. Perhaps embarrassing the opponent is all they're after, but if that's the case, there are tons of better ways to humiliate them.

How about make the leader post a youtube video of themselves doing something ridiculous like this?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnhRogJ7TgU

That'd be at least ten times more entertaining and embarrassing than a half-hearted block of text.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1299988964' post='2662293']
one other point.. I would think a productive apology to FAN would begin with an NPO Emporer querying up a SOTPKA (apologies if i screwed up the acronym) or Mpol and having a conversation with out an audience to play for.
[/quote]

There's something to be said for publicly stating that what you did was a terrible move.

Whether this fixes anything at all or not, I don't think it matters. This is something that needed to be said, and is very long overdue.

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1299988881' post='2662287']
Oh the irony. Also saying "my" words are meaningless in a retort is both expected and not very creative.
[/quote]

I believe the point was that the sincerity of this post, and the meaning attributed to it, is at the sole discretion of the party to which the apology is being offered.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1299988403' post='2662269']
This is very transparent and very disingenuous.
[/quote]
Look here, You've $%&@ed up far more !@#$ in one war than NPO could in YEARS. You got no room to laugh considering how TOP hops around the treaty web

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1299989140' post='2662304']
This really should have been done significantly before the war, or even after this war. During the war just makes it look bad.
[/quote]
If you bothered to read the OP you'd see that this is only the beginning, and that Pacifica has made a promise to do everything they can to repair relations - wait for it - after the war.

[quote name='The Crimson King' timestamp='1299989197' post='2662308']
I believe the point was that the sincerity of this post, and the meaning attributed to it, is at the sole discretion of the party to which the apology is being offered.
[/quote]

If that's the case why make a public showing?.

[quote name='LegendoftheSkies' timestamp='1299989133' post='2662302']
How about make the leader post a youtube video of themselves doing something ridiculous like this?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnhRogJ7TgU
[/quote]

I suppose next you'll want a cookie recipe or an original cat meme.

This looks like a feeble attempt to get your enemies to loosen their death grip. I'm sorry but given your situation it just doesnt come off as if you truly care.

This is tantamount to being waterboarded. If you are waterboarded enough, you will apologize for anything. Does that really mean you are sorry?

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1299989140' post='2662304']
This really should have been done significantly before the war, or even after this war. During the war just makes it look bad.
[/quote]
As you well know, there are many on both sides that expect this war against NPO to be eternal. Would you have us wait until after we disband? You can't have it both ways.

We discussed the timing. We decided to go ahead anyway, knowing some would see it as a cheap ploy. You are welcome to view it however you will. However, this matter is between FAN and NPO.

I'm sorry, but we have a saying where I come from, A man's word are only as good as the actions that follow, I don't know the rivalry between FAN and NPO, but an apology isn't where I would have started, at least not publicly.

Edited by Muddog