An Imperial Announcement from the New Pacific Order

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1300305064' post='2666585']
Wow, you have to beg your allies for aid? :blink: Ours are filling our slots as much as they can simple to keep up their aid slot proficiency. Imagine that....they [i]want[/i] to give us aid. Shocking.

The sharpest tools in the shed are the ones that are sharpened, as opposed to the ones being neglected and left to rust. Judging by your posts, it's time for you to invest in some naval jelly.
[/quote]
Keep sharpening, but tell me what happens when the tool is ground down and there's nothing left of it? I think I'll stick to the ones that are left in the shed for those rare occasions where some sharpening is needed. Pardon me a moment, I must be heading to the backyard now.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ImperialCubanacan' timestamp='1300258193' post='2666341']
Yes. I wake up every morning and am concerned about how best to derail New Pacific Order. My very existence depends on the final outcome of Cyber Nations as a whole. If New Pacific Order still exists the day the plug is pulled, I will drive my car into a lake. :rolleyes:

Really though, this game offers nothing else besides the same drama, everywhere.
[/quote]

Maybe, maybe NoR gets an exception, though you went to great lengths to get into this war vs Pacifica.

But most Doomhouse/PB posting and policy revolves around NPO. TOP seems to live to get some great revenge on Polaris for BiPolar even though they stuck the first knife in Polar during WoTC.

Let either Order begin a topic and see how quickly it's filled with DH/PB members deriding everything or how quickly TOP is in a Polar thread threatening them with war shortly.

Pacifica was the driving force on the planet when the planet was much more crowded and popular. Try as they might no other alliance is ever going to eclipse the impact NPO had on Bob. I think that just causes untold grief among certain parties. They finally took over, but the planet is a shell of it's former self under their rule.

The other thing that gets me is that people from GOONs and other alliances who are arrogant in the extreme and proud of it that are lecturing Pacifica about being arrogant. I loved Lakerzz8's comment about the invention of mirrors in GOONs land a couple pages ago. It was very fitting.

Sorry to derail the Nippy/Hiro/Bonney love-fest, but if I could revert back to the OP for a moment....

I am pleased to see the apology posted. It was heavily supported by a wide cross section of the BR, including members that predate VietFAn and those that joined after it ended. The fact that Pacifica is willing to admit that it was wrong reinforces my personal belief that our collective mindset has changed to a fairly dramatic degree.

The value of an apology is not necessarily whether or not it is accepted by the target, but rather the catharsis it provides to the one tendering it. So while I do hope that it is appreciated by FAN, I will not be dismayed if it is not.

You may now continue on with the mindless bickering......

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1300305685' post='2666587']
Keep sharpening, but tell me what happens when the tool is ground down and there's nothing left of it? I think I'll stick to the ones that are left in the shed for those rare occasions where some sharpening is needed. Pardon me a moment, I must be heading to the backyard now.
[/quote]

You do realize that the 'tool' in the statement is an allegory for your brain, right? ...or are we really talking about garden tools here? :mellow:

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1300295839' post='2666524']
Actually that made me laugh.

Do the latter, it's funny and more entertaining.
[/quote]

*Dumps the last 16 communiques in the trash bin, they were that useful.*

I have come to the conclusion this thread needs to die. I see nothing here but bickering over the pointless at this juncture. Who's crying.. who's not.. hot links.. nothing to do with the topic. I feel like everyone in here needs a sedative. Before you ask, I already took mine!

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1300339389' post='2667149']

I have come to the conclusion this thread needs to die. I see nothing here but bickering over the pointless at this juncture. Who's crying.. who's not.. hot links.. nothing to do with the topic. I feel like everyone in here needs a sedative. Before you ask, I already took mine!
[/quote]

If you want to remove the pointlessness from any thread, start with your own posts and go from there. The above is a perfect example.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1300339389' post='2667149']

[/quote]

Now that you are here I'm sure my laughter levels will go up ten fold.