An Imperial Announcement from the New Pacific Order

[quote name='Baldr' timestamp='1300252098' post='2666242']
a baby eating joke, how horrible!!!!!"
[/quote]

Really, what is off limits to you? Yes, I do consider baby eating jokes out of line.

Anyway, the context of what he posted amounts to "Open season on this guy" from a head of state. And he certainly took no steps to curb this later on.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='foxfire99' timestamp='1300251503' post='2666232']
Corinth started it. Many prominent Pacificans joined in. How can you say [i]I'm[/i] spinning it?
[/quote]
How are you not? You guys have attempted to analyze every angle and twist every word like it was the jfk assassination or something. Seriously, you guys messed up by sending him, and Corinth messed up by spewing out his thoughts of Seth. If that is such a crime than you might as well lock up half of cn along with him. And it doesn't just happen on private forums btw, we've all seen it happen right here on the owf.

And we have been saying this for awhile, I hope you aren't going to use that as a CB to attack us. Though I do agree that more than half of the given people did flame/insult sethb, but really? An apology was given by us of the higher-ups and some even said sorry despite not being allowed to, I don't see any reasons to bring up the past. We were sincere about saying sorry to FAN.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1300252958' post='2666255']
How are you not? You guys have attempted to analyze every angle and twist every word like it was the jfk assassination or something. Seriously, you guys messed up by sending him, and Corinth messed up by spewing out his thoughts of Seth. If that is such a crime than you might as well lock up half of cn along with him. And it doesn't just happen on private forums btw, we've all seen it happen right here on the owf.
[/quote]

I have twisted nothing. My only concern is that facts be presented fully to those not as involved as you or I. For example, Sethb was not "sent", he was making standard diplomatic rounds to a dozen embassies and posting updated alliance information. Literally just copy-pasting a standard form. The fact that you would say he was sent is the reason I am in this thread posting.

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1300248793' post='2666168']
The Sethb Fiasco.
[/quote]

I've already debated this at length with one of your comrades and we came to this conclusion, "Both sides screwed it up in their maneuvers and choices." Does this really need rehashed again?

Does it really make anything any better now?

Do I really need to go digging through the forums for that discussion and re-earth it here now almost over a month later?

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1300248793' post='2666168']
We may not like Imperial Officer Bilrow but we do showed him courtesy and respect.
[/quote]
Did you Antonio really too stupid to write? You "do showed him respect?" Where's your thesaurus now? For someone who pretends to care so much about his linguistic abilities, it's a shame to see the charade collapse on such a trivial error.

I mean, for someone who pretends to be so "intellectually superior" you should at least check your grammar. I mean, I'll admit to getting an apostrophe wrong every now and then, but that was just glaring.

Oh, and to address the point, I was going off what one of the Pacifican's you quoted said. I will admit to being unfamiliar with the titles and ranks in the VE system, would you care to enlighten me as to where exactly he stands relative to the rest?

The rest of my post stands though. I know you might not be used to the idea of there being more than one thought inside each wall of text, but there's a whole bunch swirling around in there, go find 'em.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300255712' post='2666314']
Did you Antonio really too stupid to write? You "do showed him respect?" Where's your thesaurus now? For someone who pretends to care so much about his linguistic abilities, it's a shame to see the charade collapse on such a trivial error.

I mean, for someone who pretends to be so "intellectually superior" you should at least check your grammar. I mean, I'll admit to getting an apostrophe wrong every now and then, but that was just glaring.

Oh, and to address the point, I was going off what one of the Pacifican's you quoted said. I will admit to being unfamiliar with the titles and ranks in the VE system, would you care to enlighten me as to where exactly he stands relative to the rest?

The rest of my post stands though. I know you might not be used to the idea of there being more than one thought inside each wall of text, but there's a whole bunch swirling around in there, go find 'em.
[/quote]

Pointed if not crude. Give him some leeway. A great mind can be dulled by late hours and fatigue.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1300255919' post='2666317']
Pointed if not crude. Give him some leeway. A great mind can be dulled by late hours and fatigue.
[/quote]
Pointed and crude, that's me in a nutshell, for sure. I'll be the last one to deny it, except perhaps to say it is a forgiving analysis.

But when he puts on this ridiculous show and tells me he's "dumbing down" his sputum so that a "feeble mind" like me can digest it, he deserves every bit of it. I tire of his charade.

(My question on the relative position of sethb within VE was an honest inquiry, however. It sounds to me like some sort of deputy minister of foreign affairs type job, and that certainly isn't on the level of an IO let alone the Emperor of Pacifica. But again, what it sounds like and what it is could be two totally different things. Regardless, I am man enough to admit to an error, if one has occurred, and withdraw that portion of the point I was making. The rest of it, again, still stands.)

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300257080' post='2666326']
Pointed and crude, that's me in a nutshell, for sure. I'll be the last one to deny it, except perhaps to say it is a forgiving analysis.

But when he puts on this ridiculous show and tells me he's "dumbing down" his sputum so that a "feeble mind" like me can digest it, he deserves every bit of it. I tire of his charade.

(My question on the relative position of sethb within VE was an honest inquiry, however. It sounds to me like some sort of deputy minister of foreign affairs type job, and that certainly isn't on the level of an IO let alone the Emperor of Pacifica. But again, what it sounds like and what it is could be two totally different things. Regardless, I am man enough to admit to an error, if one has occurred, and withdraw that portion of the point I was making. The rest of it, again, still stands.)
[/quote]

Whatever rank he was in SethB should have been treated with a measure of respect until his dismissal was requested. It didn't even matter who he was. I disagree with the actions of my comrades who raked him across the coals. They should have politely asked for his dismissal and been done with it. Pacifica should always rise above her rivals, even her peers.

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1300249957' post='2666200']
So then how does your argument hold up when the fact that VE wasnt the only alliance to have been disrespected on the pacifica diplomatic forums? It doesnt HoT.

Sure VE was partially in the wrong by sending someone over whom is well known to be disliked within pacifica but pacifica

[/quote]

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300257080' post='2666326']

[/quote]

Just a quick correction, we didn't send anyone anywhere. Seth was deputy Secretary of State at the time, and one of his duties included going to non allied forums, posting the boiler plate information thread, then determining if they need to be assigned a (new) diplomat. He didn't open anything up for questions, make any personal statements, etc. It was a routine he did at probably 20 alliance forums, as it was his job. It was during this duty that the...special...conversation took place.

---------------

Also, for the record, I stopped caring about that whole thing months ago. Then again, I don't care about much.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1300257292' post='2666331']
Just a quick correction, we didn't send anyone anywhere. Seth was deputy Secretary of State at the time, and one of his duties included going to non allied forums, posting the boiler plate information thread, then determining if they need to be assigned a (new) diplomat. He didn't open anything up for questions, make any personal statements, etc. It was a routine he did at probably 20 alliance forums, as it was his job. It was during this duty that the...special...conversation took place.

---------------

Also, for the record, I stopped caring about that whole thing months ago. Then again, I don't care about much.
[/quote]

Welcome to the ranks of the mature.. *offers knuckle bump*.

[quote name='askani the rotund' timestamp='1300249720' post='2666192']
AS6 how would you characterize your current diplomats treatment ?
[/quote]
I must assume you mean by NPO. If so then in all honesty I must answer that I do know. I am one of many diplomats which NPO, in its wisdom or fury, removed their mask on NPO’s forums.
[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1300249553' post='2666188']
Considering that your default posting style with regards to us is miles worse than that disapproval expressed by our leadership in that thread, I find your assertions that they provided a "lead" for insults disingenuous at best. [/quote]
My default posting style is actually quite diplomatic. The face I show NPO on the other hand, as you, I and others in NPO have discussed for some months, is a direct result of Sir Paul getting himself one step away from the truth and NPO encouraging him to do so. I have since found it to be intensely amusing to mirror Sir Paul if for no other reason than the discomfiture it causes you and other NPO talking heads. If you do not like my posting style, as usual I suggest that NPO curb Sir Paul.
I am not quite certain why VE seems so intent on elevating this on a pedestal. The behavior of some our members was not acceptable, and that has been widely acknowledged and apologized for. And of course, I can understand if you might still be annoyed by it afterwards. [/quote]
NPO apologized? I don’t think so. Unless this is what you are referencing:
[quote name='Cortath' date='09 May 2010 - 08:29 PM' timestamp='1273462186' post='5039525'] “If there be some great monument that the labors of Sethb have built in Viridia on behalf of Pacifica, then please, accept my most humble and sincere apologies.”[/quote]
Or this:
[quote name='Arcades057' date='08 May 2010 - 04:43 PM' timestamp='1273362201' post='5038968']
What in the blue {Expletive Deleted} are they thinking sending your [b][u]sorry {Expletive Deleted}[/u][/b] here as a diplomat?[/quote] (Emphasis mine)
I do not think either of those, alone or in tandem, amount to an apology. Have you actually read what others in NPO have said in this thread? Do you not communicate with each other? An NPO apology appears to be as rare as hen’s teeth.
But it neither represents some hidden leadership agenda nor some alliance-wide character fault. Much in the same way that the large number of loathesome conversations that you can spot just by idling in certain IRC channels do not, I would hope, represent a general bent amongst the affiliations of those that participate in them. [/quote]
The fact that the flamefest did not start for two days but kicked into high gear when Cortath made his comments and that it only stopped when Cortath said and the fact that the upper echelon participated and encouraged the flamefest is evidence of leadership failure. Again I ask, was that real-knee-slappin’ joke worth telling?
Not really, no. These repeated attempts by Doomhouse and cheerleaders to find some kind of "fault" that will help them blame NPO for the cause of the war is laughable, at best. Especially since, out of all alliances here, the ones in Doomhouse are amongst those with the greatest reputation for a "rank and file" that is often not "reigned in" and displays "disrespectful" tendencies.[/quote]
That may or may not be factual. I have only experienced those “tendencies” at the hands of the NPO and myself when I mirror them back at NPO. That said, it is the NPO leadership which claims to have changed. However the actions from the NPO leadership down do not show any change. It is the NPO leadership who whines about the unfairness of the situation but is unwilling to actually do anything of substance about changing the NPO culture. From my point of view, the NPO leadership failed its member nations.

I mean, for someone who pretends to be so "intellectually superior" you should at least check your grammar. I mean, I'll admit to getting an apostrophe wrong every now and then, but that was just glaring. [/quote]
My use of a thesaurus is your strawman fallacy. Do with it as you will. But when you cast aspersions on my grammar, your lead sentence should not be “Did you Antonio really too stupid to write?“ It made me belly laugh and trust me when I say that this 60 year old man has the belly to do it right!
Oh, and to address the point, I was going off what one of the Pacifican's you quoted said. I will admit to being unfamiliar with the titles and ranks in the VE system, would you care to enlighten me as to where exactly he stands relative to the rest? [/quote]
You are self-admittedly ignorant. Cure it before you post and you will not appear to be the dunce you are projecting yourself to be. If you had conducted your own research you would have known that the ASoS is #2 in VE’s Foreign Affairs. Now go over to the blackboard and write 100 times “I am a dunce from Dumas, Texas.”
[/quote]
I think I shall pass on your little mini-mental maelstrom.

Edited by Antonio Salovega VI

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1300257227' post='2666330']
Whatever rank he was in SethB should have been treated with a measure of respect until his dismissal was requested. It didn't even matter who he was. I disagree with the actions of my comrades who raked him across the coals. They should have politely asked for his dismissal and been done with it. Pacifica should always rise above her rivals, even her peers.
[/quote]
This is true. But the fact that you stand up and reject that, shows that Pacifica is changing and that they have changed. You know, there was a time they'd probably kick you out for saying that in private, let alone public.

See what I did there? Meta-analyzing all the way back to square one of this discussion, all the way back to page one of this thread.

I still don't think VE has any room to complain, since nearly all of those they chose as allies do the same if not worse than what Pacifica arguably did to sethb. Which was my point, not that what your comrades did was right. At least, what will be left of my point if I have to make that concession.

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1300257587' post='2666335']
Stuff.
[/quote]

Alright, here we go.. I am sorry that you appointed someone with a very sore history with the Order to be a key government diplomat who would have to maintain contact with us during a period of recovery in which we were of course understandably sore that you had kicked our asses during Karma. I am sorry you didn't realize it was a bad idea. I am sorry it did not occur to you that this person would be met with revulsion among some of those who had been among our ranks due to this history of which perhaps you and your government were not fully aware. Perhaps even being seen as an inadvertent act of bad will.

I am also sorry our members then took the opportunity to verbally accost and berate this person to such an extreme degree within our forums. We should have demonstrated a superior level of maturity and politely asked he be replaced by someone different in his duties in relation to Pacifica. A lessor diplomat could have possibly been appointed that would not have upset certain members of the government and body republic if such a polite request had been made.

As an aside, this also summarizes a one month old conversation about this same topic.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1300166891' post='2665348']
Yes, only around 10k people abandoned the planet and there were almost daily threads about the planet dying during that frame.

Also a good portion of the last year and a half was spent trying to bait Pacifica into war and by others seeking vengence against Polaris.

That's why any thread like this from NPO is bombarded by Doomhouse and their allies. Why there was a red raiding safari. [u]The game is extremely NPO centric and so many alliances simply define their very existence based on actions from NPO.[/u]
[/quote]

Yes. I wake up every morning and am concerned about how best to derail New Pacific Order. My very existence depends on the final outcome of Cyber Nations as a whole. If New Pacific Order still exists the day the plug is pulled, I will drive my car into a lake. :rolleyes:

Really though, this game offers nothing else besides the same drama, everywhere.

[quote name='ImperialCubanacan' timestamp='1300258193' post='2666341']
Yes. I wake up every morning and am concerned about how best to derail New Pacific Order. My very existence depends on the final outcome of Cyber Nations as a whole. If New Pacific Order still exists the day the plug is pulled, I will drive my car into a lake. :rolleyes:

Really though, this game offers nothing else besides the same drama, everywhere.
[/quote]

You guys are plotting to derail me and my comrades!? :o But.. But.. I have so much fun in your community! I thought you were mostly harmless!

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1300258252' post='2666342']
You guys are plotting to derail me and my comrades!? :o But.. But.. I have so much fun in your community! I thought you were mostly harmless!
[/quote]

Maybe we forgot to announce it. :unsure:

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1300257943' post='2666337']
Alright, here we go.. I am sorry that you appointed someone with a very sore history with the Order to be a key government diplomat who would have to maintain contact with us during a period of recovery in which we were of course understandably sore that you had kicked our asses during Karma. I am sorry you didn't realize it was a bad idea. I am sorry it did not occur to you that this person would be met with revulsion among some of those who had been among our ranks due to this history of which perhaps you and your government were not fully aware. Perhaps even being seen as an inadvertent act of bad will.

I am also sorry our members then took the opportunity to verbally accost and berate this person to such an extreme degree within our forums. We should have demonstrated a superior level of maturity and politely asked he be replaced by someone different in his duties in relation to Pacifica. A lessor diplomat could have possibly been appointed that would not have upset certain members of the government and body republic if such a polite request had been made.

As an aside, this also summarizes a one month old conversation about this same topic.
[/quote]

While the (lightly) snide undertone is hard to ignore in the latter end of the first paragraph, I'm going to pretend I don't see it, say grazia, and suggest we all leave this collateral line of discussion at that, at least in relation to the specifics.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1300258379' post='2666345']
While the snide undertone is hard to ignore in the latter end of the first paragraph, I'm going to pretend I don't see it, say grazia, and suggest we all leave this collateral line of discussion at that, at least in relation to the specifics.
[/quote]

It's not meant to be snide. It's literally a recap of everything said in a prior conversation. It may be my aggravation of having to re-post it over.. and over.. and over again for a variety of different people is perhaps getting to me. For that I apologize. I expected the result of that conversation might creep a little among your peers, but it is starting to seem like I have to bring it up for each one of them. There were failures on both sides. We could have both done better and exceeded ourselves.

As I said at the end of that line of discussion, the incident is very regrettable all around.

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1300257587' post='2666335']
My use of a thesaurus
[/quote] AH-HAH I KNEW IT!

[quote] ...is your strawman fallacy. Do with it as you will. But when you cast aspersions on my grammar, your lead sentence should not be “Did you Antonio really too stupid to write?“ It made me belly laugh and trust me when I say that this 60 year old man has the belly to do it right![/quote]
I'm going to start by skipping over the fact that you claim to be sixty years of age when the universe hasn't existed for ten. But the opening line is a mutation of a popular memetic form, "Did you X really too stupid to Y" which implies that thing X is incapable of properly performing action Y. Just so we're on the same page here, I wouldn't want you to get left behind.

[quote]You are self-admittedly ignorant. Cure it before you post and you will not appear to be the dunce you are projecting yourself to be. If you had conducted your own research you would have known that the ASoS is #2 in VE’s Foreign Affairs. Now go over to the blackboard and write 100 times “I am a dunce from Dumas, Texas.”[/quote]
I think "ignorant" is a strong word for "doesn't terribly give a damn about the internal workings of VE," but whatever works for you.

Edit: As an aside, it turns out my assumption was correct. It's the equivalent of Deputy MoFA. So, uh, sure.

[quote]I think I shall pass on your little mini-mental maelstrom.
[/quote]
Don't feel intimidated. I actually broke it down in a reply to someone else, see if you can find it. I do have to ask, however, if you were aiming for bonus points for alliteration. I for one found it cute, although "little" and "mini" are redundant.

Edited by HeroofTime55

I am going to just wrap this thread up by blaming NPO for the culture of DOOMHOUSE and GONOS.

You heathens should be ashamed of yourselves.

On a lighter note our diplomatic forums are rather clean and respectful because Sardonic takes away posting and reading rights from anyone who asses out there.

ps how am babby made
pss except for HoT, because he is stupidity come to life with two left feet and no opposable thumbs