A Dilettante into Politics

DictatatorDan

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='DictatatorDan' timestamp='1298674689' post='2644989']
[color="#FF0000"]Alliances don't have to like eachother to have respectful discourse. Just a thought.[/color]
[/quote]

No man, I hate VE(or insert other alliance here) so much, they should just have to take it.

Edited by Antoine Roquentin

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1298675114' post='2644993']
The only thing amusing in this entire thread is the GOONS leader complaining about harassment.
[/quote]
Who's complaining? It almost erupted into a UPN crushing war for us. I'm just saying that's how it looked from our end.

Basically you have stretched out the "we don't like you is a acceptable reason to go to war" argument.

I, for one, welcome this new age of basing policy on emotionalism. Little spats like this usually have great make up secks afterward.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1298622316' post='2644587']
No analysis of Polar-VE is complete until you mention the stunt blues.

Also, I love the premise given by some in this thread that you can treat others with disrespect and expect them to not want to attack you.
[/quote]

If we asked nation rulers what alliances are disrespectful, two alliances would dominate the count, and neither of them is an order.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1298678626' post='2645021']
If we asked nation rulers what alliances are disrespectful, two alliances would dominate the count, and neither of them is an order.
[/quote]
[color="#FF0000"]That's because MK would vote for themselves.[/color]

[quote name='Henry' timestamp='1298677681' post='2645013']
Basically you have stretched out the "we don't like you is a acceptable reason to go to war" argument.

I, for one, welcome this new age of basing policy on emotionalism. Little spats like this usually have great make up secks afterward.
[/quote]
"We don't like you" CB has been used numerous times throughout the history of our planet. DoomHouse simply went against what many consider protocol when they didn't dress it up to look like something else.

Also, I love the premise given by some in this thread that you can treat others with disrespect and expect them to not want to attack you.
[/quote]

I think your side and your cohorts are the only ones who noticed the grave level of disrespect shown by the New Pacific Order since we came out of terms. Care to enlighten the rest of us?

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1298680878' post='2645045']
"We don't like you" CB has been used numerous times throughout the history of our planet. DoomHouse simply went against what many consider protocol when they didn't dress it up to look like something else.
[/quote]

If you consider every CB throughout history to be a dressed up "I don't like you", I can see how you would get that impression. In the interests of tearing open old wounds, which global wars do you consider to be started for that reason?

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1298678626' post='2645021']
[/quote]

I'm confident that Polaris would rank very high. More, they'd rank dead last in the moral fiber category.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1298680878' post='2645045']
[/quote]

Well if you look at the DOW Archon posted, he certainly tried.

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Oh cut the rubbish about "respect." It really is a weak and pathetic argument. I will not argue that the NPO is an alliance of charmers, however, they have been no more disrespectful to you than you and your buddies have been to they. They went to the MK embassy and were met with insults. VE had an ambassador who insulted them on their own forum. Can you really blame them for not bothering with any of those alliances after episodes such as those? I wouldn't have wasted my time either with those who had no interest in civil discourse.

And respect....you have no reason to feel you are entitled to be respected. Considering how little respect comes from the typical MK member, to name one prominent example, why should they be shown respect? It is a two way street. If you show none yourself....

Bah. Besides, "lack of respect" is an absolutely terrible justification for war. But of course we know this war isn't about that. Why some of you continue to insist, however, is beyond me.[/color]

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1298681637' post='2645056']
I'm confident that Polaris would rank very high. More, they'd rank dead last in the moral fiber category.
[/quote]

I think PC would be worse than them in the moral fiber category

On the other issue, choosing not to side with the alliances who beat you down the first time should not really be an issue. Karma was to take the NPO out of power, not to change them as an alliance, or who they were. It was retribution for the terms they had imposed upon others. No where in Karma did I hear, "you must change who you are and must buddy up with MK et el". Stop adding things to the war that weren't there. If that were true, it would have been imposed in the terms that Pacifica had for over a year.

Edited by Guffey

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1298683451' post='2645082']
VE had an ambassador who insulted them on their own forum.
[/quote]

Any time you want to provide evidence on such allegations would be great. Unless you accidentally inverted that sentence, in which case, don't bother, I've seen it. It would probably get you banned anyway.

[quote name='Guffey' timestamp='1298684375' post='2645089']
[/quote]

There's a difference between having moral fiber and being moralistic. PC is one of the least moralistic alliances in CN, this is a fact, while Polar ranks high in that regard. The difference is that the New Polar Order are scumbags and Poison Clan is pretty straightforward and trustworthy. You might not like what they have to tell you but its usually the truth, and thats a lot more than you get from Polar.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1298683451' post='2645082']
[color="#0000FF"]Oh cut the rubbish about "respect." It really is a weak and pathetic argument. I will not argue that the NPO is an alliance of charmers, however, they have been no more disrespectful to you than you and your buddies have been to they. They went to the MK embassy and were met with insults. VE had an ambassador who insulted them on their own forum. Can you really blame them for not bothering with any of those alliances after episodes such as those? I wouldn't have wasted my time either with those who had no interest in civil discourse.

And respect....you have no reason to feel you are entitled to be respected. Considering how little respect comes from the typical MK member, to name one prominent example, why should they be shown respect? It is a two way street. If you show none yourself....

Bah. Besides, "lack of respect" is an absolutely terrible justification for war. But of course we know this war isn't about that. Why some of you continue to insist, however, is beyond me.[/color]
[/quote]

I was referring more to the Polar(well moreso the stunt blues) thing. What is it about then?

[quote name='Guffey' timestamp='1298684375' post='2645089']

On the other issue, choosing not to side with the alliances who beat you down the first time should not really be an issue. Karma was to take the NPO out of power, not to change them as an alliance, or who they were. It was retribution for the terms they had imposed upon others. No where in Karma did I hear, "you must change who you are and must buddy up with MK et el". Stop adding things to the war that weren't there. If that were true, it would have been imposed in the terms that Pacifica had for over a year.
[/quote]

Oh, no one is saying it was part of the terms or anything like that. It has been claimed frequently that NPO has changed. Instead, NPO always thought the reps it paid out were unjust and thought they were always in the right.

Edited by Antoine Roquentin

[quote name='+Zeke+' timestamp='1298666958' post='2644927']
Keep telling yourselves this partisan trash so you feel good about your deeds.

Demanding someone be nice to you and not getting that is a poor excuse for war.
[/quote]

Not liking someone is a good enough excuse for a war, says Doomhouse. You still try so hard to portray your selves as the innocent victims, and it's [i]still[/i] not working for you.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1298693003' post='2645175']
Maelstrom Vortex lecturing people on partisan trash pieces.

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boy.
[/quote]

Aw c'mon Voytek.. you know you love my work. Besides.. if someone actually DID the 12 steps I proposed.. it might actually work. No one has tried yet though so we have no idea if they will!

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1298677885' post='2645015']
Is yours?
[/quote]

Everyone has their biases. I as well. It's just I'm honest about mine. I don't pretend to be objective.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='DictatatorDan' timestamp='1298698787' post='2645251']
[color="#FF0000"]Where did I make any pretense of being objective?[/color]
[/quote]

I give you credit where credit is due and you do not proclaim a lack of bias. I was more referring to those I was addressing in the more immediate aftermath of the conversation about your piece.

It's an eloquent piece of propaganda, that I will say. Even if it is completely skewed.