GOONation

SirWilliam

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jake Liebenow' timestamp='1298150698' post='2638611']
Half the people on my side just need to stop talking. It's just painful to watch.

Seriously. You can quote me on that.
[/quote]
Okay, I will! :v:

I think I speak for all of us when I thank GOONS for helping to weed out the spineless cowards from our collective coalition. With 1500+ nations on this front, there were bound to be a handful, it was unavoidable. The weeding out of those 14 brings us that much closer to perfection. You have my thanks.

My criticism: I think the fact that my little comic about "GOONs" was put next to another joke about our witless opponents using "GOONs" is a bit much. If anything, it's probably going to fuel about a hundred more usages of "GOONs", since everyone is convinced this is the ultimate way to bother us.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1298150079' post='2638604']
22 nations is roughly 16 and a half days' worth of recruiting for you guys. If you lose two weeks' worth of recruits each week, well, math is obvious.
[/quote]
Correct. GOONS tends to lose nations faster than it gains them when we aren't doing active recruitment. I still don't understand why this is noteworthy.

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1298173018' post='2639008']
My criticism: I think the fact that my little comic about "GOONs" was put next to another joke about our witless opponents using "GOONs" is a bit much. If anything, it's probably going to fuel about a hundred more usages of "GOONs", since everyone is convinced this is the ultimate way to bother us.
[/quote]
Maybe we can beat them to the punch and change our name to Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and sadism.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1298134513' post='2638450']
With 22 more currently over 20 days inactive.

Yeahhhh.
[/quote]
Representing about 2.5% of our NS. Yeahhhh.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1298150079' post='2638604']
22 nations is roughly 16 and a half days' worth of recruiting for you guys. If you lose two weeks' worth of recruits each week, well, math is obvious.
[/quote]
Which obviously means GOONS will simply vanish without a trace in about six months.

But seriously, you all go ahead and keep cherry-picking whatever stats you can fit into your cognitive dissonance.

It would be swell if people stopped using "u r irelevint" as a debate tactic. The greatest insult, after all, is not in rigorous screaming matches with your hated foe, but simply disregarding anything that they say; and if you're the type of person who enjoys getting a rise out of someone, it's the best way to send them into fits.

On topic: I approve, however, I would hope GOONS continues this paper. I may not agree with everything you say; but state it well and it enhances your position. Also, bravo on the "Not A Crying Pubbie" award; those should be handed out more often as you find folks who merit it.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1298173087' post='2639009']
Correct. GOONS tends to lose nations faster than it gains them when we aren't doing active recruitment. I still don't understand why this is noteworthy.
[/quote]
It's noteworthy because you've apparently decided not to do active recruitment for the course of the war. I don't think you should expect that policy to serve your needs.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1298199864' post='2639375']
It's noteworthy because you've apparently decided not to do active recruitment for the course of the war. I don't think you should expect that policy to serve your needs.
[/quote]

I don't know about the course and when they start, it'll more than make up their losses.

[/quote]

Who recruits/accepts new members during a war? I think that's the worse policy.

It's noteworthy because you've[b] apparently [/b]decided not to do active recruitment for the course of the war. I don't think you should expect that policy to serve your needs.
[/quote]

Weak language for a person who doesn't know anything.

[quote name='Jake Liebenow' timestamp='1298150698' post='2638611']
Half the people on my side just need to stop talking. It's just painful to watch.

Seriously. You can quote me on that.
[/quote]

I will as well. Seriously.

[/quote]

And you know this... how? I for one would think you need to know where an alliance recruits before claimin' they don't. (Yes I do see the "apparently" in your statement but aren't appearances everything around here?)

As for the publication. I enjoyed it thoroughly and if another edition is produced the propaganda machine of Oregonia is full ready to contribute to the cause.