A Beacon of Light Must Shine in the Dark World

Rebounder

Ladies and Gentlemen of Planet Bob,

I appear before you today tired, yet troubled. All around us, tired arguments are being used by partisans of two sides, arguments that have been used for years. Even I, a former Voxian, have been guilty of this, as before and after the Karma War I have changed sides and drastically altered my arguments over time. However, I am not alone in this, as Pacificans now cry foul for someone declaring war without a "CB," and Mushroom Kingdom members claim that a CB is not necessary for a "just war."

One does not need to be a scholar to see that our world has not changed in recent years; it has only shifted. Those in power still seek only to stay in power, those out of power seek to become in power, and those who follow those in power still follow those in power. The vast majority of citizens who argue for their alliance either argue against the immoral nature of the hegemony, or, if the arguer is on the opposite side, against the immoral nature of the hegemony that would be in place if the current hegemony was not immoral. As someone who has been around long enough to see two opposing side switch their arguments as the power structure shifted, I am disgusted.

The dream of Vox Populi has never been realized. Independent, multi-polar politics has yet to exist on Planet Bob; cowardly alliances still align themselves with whomever is in power, and together they all gang up on those who are not in power. Morals has little to nothing to do with the motivations of these alliances, as I clarified once [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=76449"]before[/url]. Instead, the detestable power structure of Bob is fed, as it has always been, by the lack of independence of major alliances. As always, alliances such as MHA, Sparta, ODN, TOP, VE, FAN, and the like, who could be capable of significant achievements themselves, bow to the whims of an alliance whom they perceive to be almighty.

It is not against these alliances we must fight, but rather against the perception that independent action is a punishable folly. Today must be the end of schoolyard politics, in which one must be either the bully or the geek.We must, together, show the world that the alliances behind which they align are not almighty, but simple alliances, not unlike any other.

I had hoped the Karma War would have shown this fact to the world, but sadly the mission of leading Planet Bob to brighter days falls upon our generation. If nothing else, Karma at least taught us that a group of determined individuals, as we saw in Vox Populi, can make a difference. Today, I begin a fight to continue on their mission. Come stand with me, and we can finish what Vox Populi started. Fear not the hegemons, they fear you more than you could ever fear them. Our AA cannot be Vox Populi, for this is not a reformation of the same alliance, simply the same ideas, but we can be a derivative: simply "Vox."

EDIT: The name has been changed to "Voice" because some people saw this as an idiotic attempt to bring back Vox Populi

Everything Must Die, so that the world may be reborn.

P.S. I am not alone in this mission as of this moment. If you wish to assist us, do as others have done, and volunteer your services from within your current alliance, or from a new one. We are accepting all secret applications for intelligence agents. Together, we can break the chains that bind us.

Also, our primary target at this time is the Coward Coalition 2.0. Enjoy, Duckroll.

Edited by Rebounder

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1296873965' post='2619759']
You claim the mantle of Vox? How presumptuous. Have fun with that.
[/quote]

If you'd read the announcement, you'll see I do not make such a claim. I simply wish to carry what I perceived to be the Vox ideal society

Also, it makes sense if you translate the name. I am not claiming to be the "Voice of the People," but simply that I am using my Voice

[quote name='Rebounder' timestamp='1296872506' post='2619741']
[img]http://images.wikia.com/cybernations/images/f/f7/Vox7-2.png[/img]

Ladies and Gentlemen of Planet Bob,

I appear before you today tired, yet troubled. All around us, tired arguments are being used by partisans of two sides, arguments that have been used for years. Even I, a former Voxian, have been guilty of this, as before and after the Karma War I have changed sides and drastically altered my arguments over time. However, I am not alone in this, as Pacificans now cry foul for someone declaring war without a "CB," and Mushroom Kingdom members claim that a CB is not necessary for a "just war."

One does not need to be a scholar to see that our world has not changed in recent years; it has only shifted. Those in power still seek only to stay in power, those out of power seek to become in power, and those who follow those in power still follow those in power. The vast majority of citizens who argue for their alliance either argue against the immoral nature of the hegemony, or, if the arguer is on the opposite side, against the immoral nature of the hegemony that would be in place if the current hegemony was not immoral. As someone who has been around long enough to see two opposing side switch their arguments as the power structure shifted, I am disgusted.

The dream of Vox Populi has never been realized. Independent, multi-polar politics has yet to exist on Planet Bob; cowardly alliances still align themselves with whomever is in power, and together they all gang up on those who are not in power. Morals has little to nothing to do with the motivations of these alliances, as I clarified once [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=76449"]before[/url]. Instead, the detestable power structure of Bob is fed, as it has always been, by the lack of independence of major alliances. As always, alliances such as MHA, Sparta, ODN, TOP, VE, FAN, and the like, who could be capable of significant achievements themselves, bow to the whims of an alliance whom they perceive to be almighty.

It is not against these alliances we must fight, but rather against the perception that independent action is a punishable folly. Today must be the end of schoolyard politics, in which one must be either the bully or the geek.We must, together, show the world that the alliances behind which they align are not almighty, but simple alliances, not unlike any other.

I had hoped the Karma War would have shown this fact to the world, but sadly the mission of leading Planet Bob to brighter days falls upon our generation. If nothing else, Karma at least taught us that a group of determined individuals, as we saw in Vox Populi, can make a difference. Today, I begin a fight to continue on their mission. Come stand with me, and we can finish what Vox Populi started. Fear not the hegemons, they fear you more than you could ever fear them. Our AA cannot be Vox Populi, for this is not a reformation of the same alliance, simply the same ideas, but we can be a derivative: simply "Vox."

Everything Must Die, so that the world may be reborn.

P.S. I am not alone in this mission as of this moment. If you wish to assist us, do as others have done, and volunteer your services from within your current alliance, or from a new one. We are accepting all secret applications for intelligence agents. Together, we can break the chains that bind us.

Also, our primary target at this time is the Coward Coalition 2.0. Enjoy, Duckroll.
[/quote]

You sir, are no doitzel (who is really?) .... But I do wish you luck in your endeavor.

[quote name='Commisar Gaunt' timestamp='1296874860' post='2619773']
Picking them as a target is really embarrassing, as they have nothing to do with this war and attacking them will get you nowhere. Have fun going solo.
[/quote]

They are by no means my only target, simply a recipient of concentration at this point

[quote name='Rebounder' timestamp='1296875084' post='2619777']
They are by no means my only target, simply a recipient of concentration at this point
[/quote]

You make us sad, OP. We thought you held a special place in your heart for us.

Now we learn that you're looking at those other girls behind our backs. Poor Curzon is in tears.

Edited by Lord Levistus

So this is what you're working on now, is it Rebounder? Let's not forget that you apparently had issues with alliances such as NADC, ACV, Vox, MHA, Corporation, FAN, NSO, and Gondor. These are just the ones we know about, and not including Pacifica. You claimed that our leadership doesn't engage the general membership and that our alliance is "self-centered". I find that entirely amusing, given that as a new member, I have had leadership go out of their way to help me when I needed it. Hell, the emperor himself vouched and gave me a personal invite when I was only a few days old. Do you want to know what I see here, Rebounder?

I see an opportunity. An opportunity for a person who instead of voicing his concerns and helping to serve something greater, decides to make a self aggrandizing movement based on the lauded ideals of those far worthier than yourself. You're an attention seeker, who having been rejected in past alliances, have sought to give your own self an importance which you would otherwise be incapable of achieving yourself.

You are no hero. You aren't fooling anyone, especially those who currently fight the wars on which you're grandstanding currently.

[quote name='Maleatu' timestamp='1296875516' post='2619779']
So this is what you're working on now, is it Rebounder? Let's not forget that you apparently had issues with alliances such as NADC, ACV, Vox, MHA, Corporation, FAN, NSO, and Gondor. These are just the ones we know about, and not including Pacifica. You claimed that our leadership doesn't engage the general membership and that our alliance is "self-centered". I find that entirely amusing, given that as a new member, I have had leadership go out of their way to help me when I needed it. Hell, the emperor himself vouched and gave me a personal invite when I was only a few days old. Do you want to know what I see here, Rebounder?

I see an opportunity. An opportunity for a person who instead of voicing his concerns and helping to serve something greater, decides to make a self aggrandizing movement based on the lauded ideals of those far worthier than yourself. You're an attention seeker, who having been rejected in past alliances, have sought to give your own self an importance which you would otherwise be incapable of achieving yourself.

You are no hero. You aren't fooling anyone, especially those who currently fight the wars on which you're grandstanding currently.
[/quote]

I've been a grandstander long before this war. I guess it's just in me

[quote name='Rebounder' timestamp='1296872506' post='2619741']
As always, alliances such as MHA, Sparta, ODN, TOP, VE, FAN, and the like, who could be capable of significant achievements themselves, bow to the whims of an alliance whom they perceive to be almighty.
[/quote]
Did you pick these names randomly out of a hat? For example how is VE bowing to anybody?

[quote name='Rebounder' timestamp='1296875686' post='2619782']
I've been a grandstander long before this war. I guess it's just in me
[/quote]

I s'pose this is going to give comfort to the poor souls duped into following your "revolution"? If anyone has a lick of sense, they'll research your travels and realize that this movement will die within a month, and you'll be off to the next thing. Also, for anyone associating with this man, please be aware that he has no qualms about deserting his fellows in their time of need. If this does not speak volumes about his nation's priorities, and sense of duty, I don't know what would.

Edited by Maleatu

[quote name='Maleatu' timestamp='1296875827' post='2619785']
I s'pose this is going to give comfort to the poor souls duped into following your "revolution"? If anyone has a lick of sense, they'll research your travels and realize that this movement will die within a month, and you'll be off to the next thing. Also, for anyone associating with this man, please be aware that he has no qualms about deserting his fellows in their time of need. If this does not speak volumes about his nation's priorities, and sense of duty, I don't know what would.
[/quote]

Clearly you don't know me as well as you think you do. Of all things, I've never been accused of a lack of resolve.

Also, who have I deserted in their time of need? I'm continuing all of my wars with GOONs, and my enemies list has hardly changed. I sense some jealously in you. You envy my freedom, for I now enjoy a freedom you've never known.

[quote name='Rebounder' timestamp='1296876271' post='2619790']
Clearly you don't know me as well as you think you do. Of all things, I've never been accused of a lack of resolve.

Also, who have I deserted in their time of need? I'm continuing all of my wars with GOONs, and my enemies list has hardly changed. I sense some jealously in you. You envy my freedom, for I now enjoy a freedom you've never known.
[/quote]

So you're continuing the war. Okay, that's fine. But are you doing it because Pacifica needs you? It seems to me that continuing your wars only serves your current goal: create a self styled "revolution", and fight some grand crusade on a platform others have blazed farther and brighter than you. I would be willing to bet my next tax collection that if you weren't in any current wars you'd be hesitant to lead the way in declaring on any MK or GOONS member. As it stands, you're simply using Pacifica's fight to your own agenda.

Like I said; this is nothing but a self aggrandizing movement to increase your own visibility and attention. It has nothing to do with resolve, morals or what is right and wrong. You're still not fooling anyone here.

Edited by Maleatu

What made the alliance Vox Populi a success, in certain terms at least, was that it was comprised of individuals who could otherwise never find a home in an alliance. They were chased around and hunted, and the alliance that dared accept them was sure to face the wrath of the dominant power.

I don't know what a "multi-polar" world would ideally be, but there's hardly an absolute hegemony in existence now. This current war is not evenly matched, but it's not really a beatdown, either.

Compared to the past and the environment that created Vox Populi, things have improved. Not perfect or anything close to it, but improvement nonetheless. But there isn't really anyone to pick up the mantle of fighting for a completely non-hegemonic world. I don't know if that's even attainable.

Is this the right time for a new Vox? My feeling is no.