A Joint Declaration of Peace

OsRavan

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1296275624' post='2608551']
In all my years in this game, I have never witnessed such hysterical attacks against a fallen comrade as I have seen in this thread (and the THL thread) by people who are (purportedly) on the same side. Typically, when an ally falls in combat, we see hails from their side about the sacrifice that was made.

I know nothing about TCU or the strength of the bonds that drew them into this conflict, but since I had never heard of them prior to declaring war upon them, I have certain suspicions. Firstly, I suspect that they were drawn in by their allies, and that they were totally unprepared for the onslaught that was to befall them. This leads me to believe that their own allies were not completely honest about the battle ahead. And now that they have suffered a defeat, their own side descends upon them like wolves.

I wouldn't treat my enemies like this, much less people who shed blood on my behalf. It's despicable behavior, and it stinks of desperation.

-Craig
[/quote]

Isn't it sad that the only people honestly giving props to TCU are those who were at war with them? They did what they could, and you can't ask for much more than that.

[quote name='JDavis' timestamp='1296311155' post='2609475']
Isn't it sad that the only people honestly giving props to TCU are those who were at war with them? They did what they could, and you can't ask for much more than that.
[/quote]

No you were not the only people.

Anyway once again, good luck to TCU.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296274344' post='2608505']
I'm not even going to calculate our "odds".
[/quote]

actually its not too bad. So far we're about 4.5 to 1 in nations and 8.5 to 1 in terms of NS. Taking NPO out of the equation we are 2.5 to 1 in nations and 5.25 in terms of strength, pretty good odds considering we already have almost [b]ALL of the top tier in peace mode[/b]. Its only really a matter of time before they surrender out to us and ask us for a white peace.

Edited by Crellos

[quote name='OsRavan' timestamp='1296263248' post='2608223']
I would hazard to guess that has something to do with Int fighting a throw down war a few weeks ago and then likely using what was left of the warchest to rebuild.
[/quote]so you are saying that your ally was in no condition to fight and that they shouldn't have entered the war? then why, as banksy so eloquently puts it, didn't the bigger nations in INT send aid to their low NS comrades for rebuilding?

as well, why would these nations spend every last dime rebuilding and not save anything in reserve in the event of new hostilities? it smacks of complete ineptitude from top to bottom.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1296272980' post='2608455']
Um, at that size a warchest is stupid. You send aid.
[/quote]ah, a member of the intellectual crowd that believes in bailing everyone out when they run into trouble. pleased to have you here, banksy. your ideas are outdated and enforce the concept of weakening an alliance even more than they already are after a war, which should be an unacceptable concept to you, but for all the time you've been playing you are still a fan of weakness. intriguing.

He's kinda right. A typical 16kNS nation has around 3k infra, with bills a bit over $500k/day and taxes around $1m/day. Could be slightly higher with good trades and a few wonders. The only thing you save for at that point is the infra jump to 4k, which is about $40m. In fact, "war chest" at that level is your infra jump fund. It's not surprising that those nations would have under $40m; if they had that much, they would have jumped already.

[quote name='Crellos' timestamp='1296312975' post='2609492']
pretty good odds considering we already have almost [b]ALL of the top tier in peace mode[/b]. Its only really a matter of time before they surrender out to us and ask us for a white peace.
[/quote]

You honestly think we're all in peace mode because we don't want to fight? I can see the morale squad is working hard over there.

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1296275624' post='2608551']
In all my years in this game, I have never witnessed such hysterical attacks against a fallen comrade as I have seen in this thread (and the THL thread) by people who are (purportedly) on the same side. Typically, when an ally falls in combat, we see hails from their side about the sacrifice that was made.

I know nothing about TCU or the strength of the bonds that drew them into this conflict, but since I had never heard of them prior to declaring war upon them, I have certain suspicions. Firstly, I suspect that they were drawn in by their allies, and that they were totally unprepared for the onslaught that was to befall them. This leads me to believe that their own allies were not completely honest about the battle ahead. And now that they have suffered a defeat, their own side descends upon them like wolves.

I wouldn't treat my enemies like this, much less people who shed blood on my behalf. It's despicable behavior, and it stinks of desperation.

-Craig
[/quote]
Now now, Craig. the THL thread deserved every bit of it. TCU fought it out for a week atleast. I can see why some people would be unhappy with them leaving. this went from a fight about spying to a fight for survival for the most part.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1296335699' post='2609899']
this went from a fight about spying to a fight for survival for the most part.
[/quote]

Yes, and the intelligent among us can see that those two are tightly intertwined.

Edited by Thrash

[quote name='JDavis' timestamp='1296311155' post='2609475']
[/quote]

The issue is not TCU getting peace, if you believe that you are sadly mistaken, you will find the issue has to do with TCU not talking to the people who went to war for them, MCXA attacked alliances attacking TCU then to find out that TCU has gotten peace when one of their nations messaged one of ours explaining why he can no longer do group attacks.

The second I found out I tried to get hold of TCU, so did a few others how ever they were all in the IRC channels yet no one was active.

So no this was not about TCU getting peace this is about TCU going behind the backs of their so called allies to save their own skin.

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1296336101' post='2609907']
The issue is not TCU getting peace, if you believe that you are sadly mistaken, you will find the issue has to do with TCU not talking to the people who went to war for them, MCXA attacked alliances attacking TCU then to find out that TCU has gotten peace when one of their nations messaged one of ours explaining why he can no longer do group attacks.

The second I found out I tried to get hold of TCU, so did a few others how ever they were all in the IRC channels yet no one was active.

So no this was not about TCU getting peace this is about TCU going behind the backs of their so called allies to save their own skin.
[/quote]

I'm positive MCXA knew TCU was getting peace. Advance notice too. Lol.

So... quite a fairytale. You must've been completely oblivious. It'd be best not to go after your ally in public.

You came from LoSS didn't you?

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1296336101' post='2609907']

[/quote]

The fact that every little bit of this...Tirade is filled with intellectual fallacies astounds me.

TCU informed everyone of their allies of this. Just because you don't know, doesn't mean that MCXA and the rest weren't informed, so kindly talk to everyone before you spout of illogical fallacies without knowing everything.

Everyone in this thread and TCU's allies. Hell, just had to ask me. We will tell you that TCU did not go behind [b]ANYONE's*[/b] back.

*Emphasis [sub]If you weren't capable of catching it[/sub]

[quote name='2burnt2eat' timestamp='1296337074' post='2609920']
I'm positive MCXA knew TCU was getting peace. Advance notice too. Lol.

So... quite a fairytale. You must've been completely oblivious. It'd be best not to go after your ally in public.

You came from LoSS didn't you?
[/quote]

Actually to back up MCXA, when I asked TCU if they'd be peacing out soon they told me no. Now I don't think TCU done anything wrong by peacing out, because these wars can be extremely hard on smaller alliances even if they are in winning coalitions. MCXA have already had some of their allies peace out though. I can understand why they would be angry to watch their other allies peace out. If you went to war along with NSO and then NSO peaced out and left you alone I bet you'd be pissed off.

Also what the $%&@ does it matter if Timeline was once in LoSS? Weren't you once in that Brown alliance that disbanded? see I can do it too.

[quote name='jraenar' timestamp='1296334832' post='2609876']
He's kinda right. A typical 16kNS nation has around 3k infra, with bills a bit over $500k/day and taxes around $1m/day. Could be slightly higher with good trades and a few wonders. The only thing you save for at that point is the infra jump to 4k, which is about $40m. In fact, "war chest" at that level is your infra jump fund. It's not surprising that those nations would have under $40m; if they had that much, they would have jumped already.
[/quote]
infra jump from 2999 to 3999 is $50mil. a typical 2999infra nation has only 11kNS, because that's where i'm currently at. even with the wonders i have and maxed troops during back collection, i never really went over 13k.

the issue though is the belief that small nations don't need to save money because they can just get aid. except then you have a whole gaggle of lazy people that don't know how to take care of themselves and you are training a new generation of people to neither work for what they are given to defend themselves.

[quote name='Parandiac' timestamp='1296332703' post='2609823']
ah, a member of the intellectual crowd that believes in bailing everyone out when they run into trouble. pleased to have you here, banksy. your ideas are outdated and enforce the concept of weakening an alliance even more than they already are after a war, which should be an unacceptable concept to you, but for all the time you've been playing you are still a fan of weakness. intriguing.
[/quote]
xfd at this post.

Any nation with less than 4k infra (i.e. pre tech buying and wonder age) is just hampering its own growth by having a warchest. It should have 5 aid slots which is 15m a week, assuming the alliance can supply the aid. As long as it doesn't buy an airforce, this will be sufficient to fight in any war. Nations should only have enough funds for a 10/15 day sled, but (as Os has pointed out) this wouldn't happen in Int because they've just come out of a war.

Considering the warchests i've seen out of MCXA, and the rate you're shedding NS, it is hilarious to see you of all people lecturing others on nation growth.

[quote name='Parandiac' timestamp='1296342178' post='2610035']
infra jump from 2999 to 3999 is $50mil. a typical 2999infra nation has only 11kNS, because that's where i'm currently at. even with the wonders i have and maxed troops during back collection, i never really went over 13k.

the issue though is the belief that small nations don't need to save money because they can just get aid. except then you have a whole gaggle of lazy people that don't know how to take care of themselves and you are training a new generation of people to neither work for what they are given to defend themselves.
[/quote]
Oh god, it gets better. There is no infra jump from 2999 to 3999 infra, do you honestly tell your nations to save for 1000 infra instead of the 250-300 standard?

The only reason I can think of telling sub-4k infra nations to have a warchest is because you are incapable of supplying them with aid in war time. In which case you are doing your opponents a favour as they rip 2m off you daily in GAs.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1296342641' post='2610046']
Considering the warchests i've seen out of MCXA, and the rate you're shedding NS, it is hilarious to see you of all people lecturing others on nation growth.
[/quote]

there are 5999infra nations in INT that had a couple hundred thousand dollars and next to no spies when they declared war. not every nation is a paragon for building and many alliances face warchest issues. INT is in far worse shape, monetarily.

Oh god, it gets better. There is no infra jump from 2999 to 3999 infra, do you honestly tell your nations to save for 1000 infra instead of the 250-300 standard?

The only reason I can think of telling sub-4k infra nations to have a warchest is because you are incapable of supplying them with aid in war time. In which case you are doing your opponents a favour as they rip 2m off you daily in GAs.
[/quote]

depends what nation it is and what the ruler's aims and goals are. MCXA doesn't order it's members to save for 1000infra jumps at a time. i purchased 1000infra and then hammered my six opponents down on my own. to date, i have lost only $5mil to my enemies in my six wars and none of them have received aid to help them in their wars after i bankrupted them. INT did me a favour by leaving their members to twist in the wind.

[quote name='Parandiac' timestamp='1296350509' post='2610181']
there are 5999infra nations in INT that had a couple hundred thousand dollars and next to no spies when they declared war. not every nation is a paragon for building and many alliances face warchest issues. INT is in far worse shape, monetarily.
[/quote]
Do bear in mind that we did have to fight a war with NEW npt too long ago which did not help our warchest and such, that said anyone with a mere 200K in their WC needs a rap on the knuckles :D

Edited by Cataduanes

Considering the warchests i've seen out of MCXA, and the rate you're shedding NS,
[/quote]

You do realize we're fighting eight alliances right? Some of those we're getting some help with, but that still leaves INT, ODN, LOST, LSF, GRUE, and DICE who are giving almost all if not most of their attention to us atm.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1296337776' post='2609940']
Actually to back up MCXA, when I asked TCU if they'd be peacing out soon they told me no. Now I don't think TCU done anything wrong by peacing out, because these wars can be extremely hard on smaller alliances even if they are in winning coalitions. MCXA have already had some of their allies peace out though. I can understand why they would be angry to watch their other allies peace out. If you went to war along with NSO and then NSO peaced out and left you alone I bet you'd be pissed off.

Also what the $%&@ does it matter if Timeline was once in LoSS? Weren't you once in that Brown alliance that disbanded? see I can do it too.
[/quote]

I have no idea when you asked, but I appreciate you being so vague that we can't even call you out on it. The jist of your argument is ignoring reality and saying TCU lied/didn't tell their allies they were going out. While you continue to insist on such a fairy tale, pardon me while I ignore you, as I wasn't even talking to you to begin with.

Which is another reason why you have no idea why I bring up LoSS.

You can continue with your self-inflated sense of worth with someone that will give you enough attention.

[quote name='2burnt2eat' timestamp='1296354013' post='2610221']
I have no idea when you asked, but I appreciate you being so vague that we can't even call you out on it. The jist of your argument is ignoring reality and saying TCU lied/didn't tell their allies they were going out. While you continue to insist on such a fairy tale, pardon me while I ignore you, as I wasn't even talking to you to begin with.

Which is another reason why you have no idea why I bring up LoSS.

You can continue with your self-inflated sense of worth with someone that will give you enough attention.
[/quote]

Omniscient is one of the nicest guys you will meet on planet bob. You could hardly describe him as having a self-inflated sense of worth <_<

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1296354282' post='2610226']
Omniscient is one of the nicest guys you will meet on planet bob. You could hardly describe him as having a self-inflated sense of worth <_<
[/quote]

"Nice" isn't a pre-requisite to "self-inflated".

I find quite too often this man likes to give his misconstrued opinion on literally everything that walks this world. I find it annoying when he interjects himself with me.

Like you.

[quote name='2burnt2eat' timestamp='1296354878' post='2610234']
"Nice" isn't a pre-requisite to "self-inflated".

I find quite too often this man likes to give his misconstrued opinion on literally everything that walks this world. I find it annoying when he interjects himself with me.

Like you.
[/quote]

You're argument pretty much boils down to you don't like it when people disagree with you. If you have a problem with that, then you shouldn't be posting here, b/c that's usually what you will get.