A Joint Declaration of Peace

OsRavan

I'm sure TCU would have fought much longer had their top tier not been engaged. It's easy to talk !@#$, but realize other alliances on their side have hidden their larger members in peace mode and only allowed their lower tiers to engage where a more favorable outcome is clearly held for them.

It's extremely demoralizing to lose an upper tier to multiple superior opponents.

Congratulations on your peace TCU.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='JDavis' timestamp='1296243455' post='2607790']
For all those bashing TCU for getting peace before they are totally destroyed, go play the game your way and let everyone else play how we want. TCU were good fighters who gave out a good amount of damage. If allied to them I would be proud to stand beside them.

Good job TCU, you put up a hell of a fight.
[/quote]

My criticism in no way characterizes TCU as cowards. But you can be the bravest soldiers on the battlefield and if you aren't ready to fight, your bravery will be noted as well as your early exit.

[quote name='Raider' timestamp='1296243561' post='2607798']
Disgusting. Every post like this repels me. I have never before seen such hostility leveled at an alliance that entered in support of its allies, fought hard against horrible odds, and surrendered after taking heavy damage.
[/quote]

You obviously weren't here when an alliance from SG's side surrendered during Bi-Polar. Lets just say Herooftime's post is quite mild compared to some that were posted in their thread ;)

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1296240133' post='2607692']
In terms of AAs on the PB et al side that are taking massive damage but holding tight, take a look at Tetris. They've dropped from a pre-war peak of 1.17m to 731k because they're fighting solo against an alliance -- GDA -- with three times the members and NS, plus dribs and drabs of MCXA.

Edit: should make clear that I'm not chastising TCU...they were facing terrible odds. More so, it's an indication of the effect that [i]expecting[/i] to win the overall fight can have; it's much easier to soak up damage knowing that there's light at the end of the tunnel (and fearing being "that alliance" who surrendered from the winning side).
[/quote]

Thanks for the recognition. And yeah taking a slightly higher percentage than TCU has I can say their surrendering isn't too unreasonable. It really takes a special something to keep getting your ass handed to you knowing that there is no help on the way and no chance of victory in sight.

[quote name='silentkiller' timestamp='1296244908' post='2607831']
You obviously weren't here when an alliance from SG's side surrendered during Bi-Polar. Lets just say Herooftime's post is quite mild compared to some that were posted in their thread ;)
[/quote]
i believe this is the thread you are referencing
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=80143

[quote name='silentkiller' timestamp='1296244908' post='2607831']
[/quote]
Didn't really much attention to the forum during the BiPolar War. Just attacked the targets passed down to me from INT Military Command.

When an alliance is beaten, they are beaten. To continue to fight when most of your nations can't even afford to launch a nuke every day is pointless.

Now, I don't know if that was the case or not but if it is then it is TCU's war preparation that should be criticized, not their honor.

It's one thing to have conservative beliefs, but applying them to a war effort is a bit extreme. Wars for great causes are not going to be won in a week. Some may say this isn't a great cause. Then why enter the war? If your friends and allies are not a great cause to continue on no matter the costs then some re-evaluation needs to take place between some alliances.

I hope this is not the beginning of the end of the New Polar Order front. I've stated before it is my belief that this front will begin to be drawn to a speedy conclusion because the DoomHouse alliances will end up in a stalemate on against NPO and allies. Our front will reach that stalemate after the first rounds are completed. To ensure victory DH is going to need allies to come over and join their war of aggression against us in Pacifica and the allies that are helping us.

This surrender is very disappointing overall. There is talk of coalition warfare. It seems to not be the case when one sides alliances begins to tuck tail and run after only a week of war. If you can only last a week then you need to evaluate what you are doing as an alliance. Why don't you have sufficient war chests to continue fighting? Or why don't you have the heart to give [i]everything[/i] to the allies you have now abandoned and left on the battlefield. Great wars and great victories in great causes are certainly never going to be easy. Please have the courage to fight for the long haul and be liberal with the amount of time you spend at war.

Edited by Jaiar

TCU actually fought quite hard under tough odds. They lost around 1million NS, as a 2.5million NS alliance(thats more NS in real terms than a number of much bigger alliances lost) and have been fighting for much longer than many other alliances in this war. When an alliance leaves before the nukes even start flying, then yeah, I think there's probably reason to be a bit upset(or amused). TCU is not a case like that. They've sacrificed lots, and fought hard, with almost no relief.

[quote name='Sir Paul' timestamp='1296236325' post='2607582']
Forgive me. I just fail to see a link between the two wars.

As for the maliable wiki:

"The Doom House-NPO war is argued to be related to the PB-NpO War despite no overlap of treaties or related casus belli."

I too argue things without reason or evidence. Just ask my steward Archon. Doesn't necessarily make it true.
[/quote]

You can call it whatever you want. You are still going to die. :awesome:

Quit baaawing and fight.

Also, congrats to our friends and allies in this one victory against so many.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296242677' post='2607771']
Friendly reminder to all those on the other side, these are the people you are fighting for. There is no shame, having suitably fulfilled your treaty obligations, to leave the war, and leave them to their fate.
[/quote]

It's easy to sit on the (presumed) winning side and praise those withdrawing from the war. After all, you fully expect to have intact allies to help rebuild your alliance. It's a shameful act to obtain peace for yourself while your allies continue to suffer. It's doubly shameful to encourage it of others. No one deserves to be mocked, but neither do they deserve praise.

Whatever happened to 'Everything. Must. Die' anyway? :P

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296242677' post='2607771']
Friendly reminder to all those on the other side, these are the people you are fighting for. There is no shame, having suitably fulfilled your treaty obligations, to leave the war, and leave them to their fate.
[/quote]

Indeed, perhaps tcu realized that they were no longer fighting for our allies, just absorbing damage for alliances that had peace mode in their entire upper ranks

[quote name='Mr.Shadow' timestamp='1296240852' post='2607713']
I suggest you talk to your alliance members then, from what I have seen in spy reports its laughable for MCXA to be preaching warchests. :v:
[/quote]
i am not an official representative of MCXA, so this isn't holy writ from the alliance. i'm currently fighting six guys in INT and one of them declared on me with a $180k warchest at 16kNS. the others had anywhere between $2mil and $25mil and it's all gone. i tell everyone to build their warchest up, but short of putting a gun to someone's head, they're going to do what they want because they think they know better.