A Joint Declaration of Peace

OsRavan

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Parandiac' timestamp='1296261593' post='2608189']
i am not an official representative of MCXA, so this isn't holy writ from the alliance. i'm currently fighting six guys in INT and one of them declared on me with a $180k warchest at 16kNS. the others had anywhere between $2mil and $25mil and it's all gone. i tell everyone to build their warchest up, but short of putting a gun to someone's head, they're going to do what they want because they think they know better.
[/quote]

I would hazard to guess that has something to do with Int fighting a throw down war a few weeks ago and then likely using what was left of the warchest to rebuild.

[quote name='Finnish Commie' timestamp='1296242917' post='2607778']
I had honestly never heard of TCU before and I am sure I will forget their existence in month or two :P

Peace is nice though.
[/quote]

I echo these remarks - it makes sense now, THL & TCU make an excellent pair, and I hope you both disband relatively soon after this is all over.

Extremely lenient terms I might add. Not to mention that your leaving your allies out to on the field. So, Good Job!

[i]A battle well fought![/i]

[quote name='OsRavan' timestamp='1296263248' post='2608223']
I would hazard to guess that has something to do with Int fighting a throw down war a few weeks ago and then likely using what was left of the warchest to rebuild.
[/quote]

They are not competent enough to realize that Os :smug:

Edited by KingEd

Theres two ways to look at this, truthfully.

#1 you came in, you fought to the best of your abilities(i hope the guy i fought isnt "the best of your abilities") you honored the treaty and you did some damage. Not a whole lot you can ask for

#2 you were ill pre-pared in the first place and by coming in and giving up after only 8 days means now your allies, who you came in to defend, are back in the fire.

all in all so long as you are ok with leaving after 8 days and your allies are ok with you leaving after 8 days then not much more can be said other then take this as a lesson on preperation for the next time

edit to add, atleast you outlasted THL

Edited by wickedj

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1296264797' post='2608256']
Or use the correct form of there/their/they're :P
[/quote]

Oh you! I'm going to revert to the you just don't like me argument from the past. :lol1:

Seriously? The invective in this thread is sickening.

Listen to yourselves.

TCU entered into this war for the right reasons. TCU entered into this war to defend their allies. This is much more than their numerous detractors have done.

TCU immediately became outnumbered, 79 nations and 2450k NS fighting against 738 nations and 25800k NS. Ten to one odds.

Ten. To. [b]One[/b].

I don't care how big your warchest is. When there is no help coming, against those odds, there is nothing to be done. This is not a failure of the individual TCU nations. This is not a failure of the TCU leadership. This is a failure of the coalition that TCU fought for.

TCU has not abandoned you. You have abandoned them.

They have relieved the pressure on their allies, if only for a week. They have lost much to do so. If there is any shame in this situation, it is in your expectation that TCU continue to lose, until you have used them all up and toss them away, like a worthless pawn you so obviously perceive them to be.

For shame. They deserve better than the likes of you.

Really to be fair to those on the other side I believe that all of TCU's allies are in the war. So they really had no one to come help take the pressure off directly.

But then again no one has counter Athens or many of the other alliances that attacked TCU. We all made multiple declarations so someone could have stepped in. Part of a coalition war or really any war is to try to keep your side going as long as they are able and to counter attacks. This is complete failure to plan on that front. I wonder if TCU even had a voice in the planning channel or if anyone even mentioned their name.

Ok I have nothing.... well almost... Atleast TCU knew they were at war... its more then can beside about UINE... also TCU god lucky disbanding see you all when we send out recuritment messeges.

[quote name='jraenar' timestamp='1296271135' post='2608401']

Listen to yourselves.

TCU entered into this war for the right reasons. TCU entered into this war to defend their allies. This is much more than their numerous detractors have done.

TCU immediately became outnumbered, 79 nations and 2450k NS fighting against 738 nations and 25800k NS. Ten to one odds.

Ten. To. [b]One[/b].

I don't care how big your warchest is. When there is no help coming, against those odds, there is nothing to be done. This is not a failure of the individual TCU nations. This is not a failure of the TCU leadership. This is a failure of the coalition that TCU fought for.

They have relieved the pressure on their allies, if only for a week. They have lost much to do so. If there is any shame in this situation, it is in your expectation that TCU continue to lose, until you have used them all up and toss them away, like a worthless pawn you so obviously perceive them to be.

[/quote]

I completely agree with this. On top of the odds, many of the alliances who attacked them were among the most experienced and coordinated alliances in the game.

They took their dogpile with dignity, which is more than I can say for about 99% of the people here.

[quote name='JDavis' timestamp='1296272318' post='2608420']
I completely agree with this. On top of the odds, many of the alliances who attacked them were among the most experienced and coordinated alliances in the game.

They took their dogpile with dignity, which is more than I can say for about 99% of the people here.
[/quote]

are you a jefferson davis fan?? i have been to his house.. lived nea it once.

[quote name='glitch2030' timestamp='1296272122' post='2608416']
Ok I have nothing.... well almost... Atleast TCU knew they were at war... its more then can beside about UINE... also TCU god lucky disbanding see you all when we send out recuritment messeges.
[/quote]

Recruiting from other alliances is generally a no. Do not think we are leaving

[quote name='Parandiac' timestamp='1296261593' post='2608189']
i am not an official representative of MCXA, so this isn't holy writ from the alliance. i'm currently fighting six guys in INT and one of them declared on me with a $180k warchest at 16kNS. the others had anywhere between $2mil and $25mil and it's all gone. i tell everyone to build their warchest up, but short of putting a gun to someone's head, they're going to do what they want because they think they know better.
[/quote]
Um, at that size a warchest is stupid. You send aid.

[quote name='jraenar' timestamp='1296271135' post='2608401']

Listen to yourselves.

Ten. To. [b]One[/b].

[/quote]

Meh. STA is currently facing 7 to 1 numerical odds and 9 to 1 nation strength odds. No help is coming. You don't see us even thinking about leaving our allies on the battlefield.

As for the rest of it, nothing to be done, TCU being abandoned, TCU being used as pawns: Gobbledygook. To accuse their allies of abandoning or using them is silly. Sometimes you're on the winning side and have forces to spare, sometimes you're not and don't. It's that simple. I wish TCU had stuck it out because it's more honorable to do so, but I can also recognize their situation and wish them luck in getting clear of this mess of a war.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1296274246' post='2608494']
Meh. STA is currently facing 7 to 1 numerical odds and 9 to 1 nation strength odds. No help is coming. You don't see us even thinking about leaving our allies on the battlefield.
[/quote]
I'm not even going to calculate our "odds".

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296274344' post='2608505']
I'm not even going to calculate our "odds".
[/quote]

Me neither. Took long enough to do STA's. Besides I'd just call you out on the "no help coming" clause anyway what with that Recognition of War topic of y'alls. :P

But more seriously, is GOONS being used? Do you feel your allies have abandoned you and tossed you aside as sucked dry pawns? Of course not. Your alliance has a part to play even if it gets bloodied in the process. You'll gain a lot more respect by staying in and taking one for the team than you would if y'all called it quits one week in.

In all my years in this game, I have never witnessed such hysterical attacks against a fallen comrade as I have seen in this thread (and the THL thread) by people who are (purportedly) on the same side. Typically, when an ally falls in combat, we see hails from their side about the sacrifice that was made.

I know nothing about TCU or the strength of the bonds that drew them into this conflict, but since I had never heard of them prior to declaring war upon them, I have certain suspicions. Firstly, I suspect that they were drawn in by their allies, and that they were totally unprepared for the onslaught that was to befall them. This leads me to believe that their own allies were not completely honest about the battle ahead. And now that they have suffered a defeat, their own side descends upon them like wolves.

I wouldn't treat my enemies like this, much less people who shed blood on my behalf. It's despicable behavior, and it stinks of desperation.

-Craig

Edited by Comrade Craig

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1296274246' post='2608494']
[/quote]
STA has help from Nueva Vida, Nordreich, Ragnarok, DRAGON, and 57th Overlanders. You already have help.

Your coalition sent MCXA and BTA, after three or four days. Oh, and THL, for sixteen hours.

The Polar coalition is at a slight numerical disadvantage, but it's not *that* bad.