The Phoenix Federation Announcement

mhawk

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1296149322' post='2605772']
I don't get why you are all gang banging on GOONS. Avoiding the TOP treaty isn't going to work...obviously the doomhouse declaration in the first place shows just how little people care about treaty chains in this war. If they want to hit you, they are going to hit you. What you should have done was focused on Umbrella and MK, but instead you are leaving them to roam free and annihilate anything above 40k.

Good job, you just lost the war.
[/quote]

Haven't you heard? We always lose. But thanks for the heads up, I'll make sure to bring some GOONSies down with me. ;)

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1296149322' post='2605772']
I don't get why you are all gang banging on GOONS. Avoiding the TOP treaty isn't going to work...obviously the doomhouse declaration in the first place shows just how little people care about treaty chains in this war. If they want to hit you, they are going to hit you. What you should have done was focused on Umbrella and MK, but instead you are leaving them to roam free and annihilate anything above 40k.

Good job, you just lost the war.
[/quote]

Anything about 40k we'd be annihilated anyways. The whole point is to take out Doomhouse's one decent mid-lower tier alliance. If you think Umbrella and MK are going to have a lot to hit at soon you're mistaken.

It's a war of tactics not pound for pound knock out blows. We're playing to our strengths and hitting their weakness.

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='boscher' timestamp='1296149888' post='2605789']
and to think that TPF was once a feared alliance :v:
[/quote]
I'm not sure when they were considered scary, but I think they've proven themselves more honorable recently than I used to consider them pre-Karma War. While some people can't let go of old grudges and harp on the past, they've carved out a new image for themselves as one of the better alliances.

Good luck to TPF in their war, make them burn. o/

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1296153677' post='2605882']
I'm not sure when they were considered scary, but I think they've proven themselves more honorable recently than I used to consider them pre-Karma War. While some people can't let go of old grudges and harp on the past, they've carved out a new image for themselves as one of the better alliances.

Good luck to TPF in their war, make them burn. o/
[/quote]

Not really...

TPF has always been a dogpiling alliance...we witness it today and we saw it during the numerous wars that TPF participated (mostly curbstomps) in with OPP alliances in tow...

[quote name='Chickenzilla' timestamp='1296154369' post='2605898']
idk why people concentrate on GOONS, they literally don't give a $%&@ about anything but war on bob. If they are trying to get GOONS to peace out I don't think they know who they're dealing with.
[/quote]
They don't care about anything but reps.

I got a feeling they got a surprise coming this time around. ;)

[quote name='Affluenza' timestamp='1296154559' post='2605903']
Not really...

TPF has always been a dogpiling alliance...we witness it today and we saw it during the numerous wars that TPF participated (mostly curbstomps) in with OPP alliances in tow...
[/quote]
We go where our obligations take us, regardless of win/lose. Early on we just happened to be more on the win side, funny how things are cyclical like that.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1296154667' post='2605906']
Well, you're going to get rolled, but good job standing up for your obligations.
[/quote]
Been the roller, been rolled......no biggie Bob.

It tends to keep things interesting.

[quote name='Chickenzilla' timestamp='1296154369' post='2605898']
idk why people concentrate on GOONS, they literally don't give a $%&@ about anything but war on bob. If they are trying to get GOONS to peace out I don't think they know who they're dealing with.
[/quote]

Which is why they were taking the PR route for more than a year right?

If GOONS was so hungry for war they wouldn't have capitulated to Polaris. If GOONS was so hungry for war they would have told PC and iFOK to honor their treaties.

Edited by Mr Damsky

[quote name='JBone' timestamp='1296131456' post='2605410']
I must stop and give props to my two Umbrella opponents, they performed an almost flawless counter. Speed, efficiency and teamwork personified. I'm glad to have some quality adversaries. I was surprised that I managed to stay out of anarchy....for now anyway. :nuke:
[/quote]
Thanks man. We put a lot of effort into making sure that we perform as effectively and efficiently as possible and it's very nice to hear people say it. Have a good war against Warren, he's a pretty kickass dude.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1296153208' post='2605866']
Anything about 40k we'd be annihilated anyways. The whole point is to take out Doomhouse's one decent mid-lower tier alliance. If you think Umbrella and MK are going to have a lot to hit at soon you're mistaken.

It's a war of tactics not pound for pound knock out blows. We're playing to our strengths and hitting their weakness.
[/quote]
Ok, so what is your plan, overwhelm their lower tier and have your top tier stay in peace forever? Eventually, and this is ONLY if your lower tier beats theirs, DH lowers will slip into peace mode and their top tier will rebuild them to come out and hit you again, while your top tier is frozen, unable to help. Either way you lose. If you're going to go down, however, at least go down swinging.

Edited by Hyperion321

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1296171338' post='2606282']
Ok, so what is your plan, overwhelm their lower tier and have your top tier stay in peace forever? Eventually, and this is ONLY if your lower tier beats theirs, DH lowers will slip into peace mode and their top tier will rebuild them to come out and hit you again, while your top tier is frozen, unable to help. Either way you lose. If you're going to go down, however, at least go down swinging.
[/quote]

I don't know what you've been reading/watching, but we're swinging plenty. Just because you don't understand the strategy doesn't make it a bad one.