Ragnarok declaration of war

Tautology

Lucky me. I actually read the whole damn thread, and....

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1295504118' post='2585570']Really I can't even begin to imagine attacking my treaty partner's MDP partner....[/quote]

You just broke the Irony Meter 3000[sup]TM[/sup] my wife bought me for Christmas. Jerk.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1295505202' post='2585665']VE, on the other hand, has been treating RoK with [i]utmost respect[/i] since VE got its shiny new friends.[/quote]

I just did one of those hrmf/snort-type laughs, followed by a "Ha!"

Sorry, that's about all I'm good for mere minutes after waking up.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295505017' post='2585656']....it was their second in command managing a spy on us....[/quote]

Yes, a 'spy' who remains safely within your alliance now that he's served his purpose of giving you the war you've wanted for a while now. My God, Lennox has admitted as much.

In the name of common sense, please stop spinning this nonsense. No one believes it, and anyone who says they do is either a liar or suffering from some kind of debilitating brain injury.

[quote name='Xavii' timestamp='1295523675' post='2586124']
What I got from this thread:

[list]

[*]VE told RoK they will hit NpO, RoK gives the OK.
[*]Hoo finds out RoK won't help out NpO and leaves to do it himself.
[*]RoK then decides to change their minds and joins NpO's side.
[/list]

Why did I get this?

[list]

[*]VE stated RoK gave the ok.
[*]RoK disregards this.
[*]Question is raised: Then why did Hoo leave?
[*]Then suddenly RoK gov went silent about that current topic. Pretty much pleading the 5th. :rolleyes:
[/list]
[/quote]

I heard this line of reasoning as well, so I decided to look into it, for if it were true it would surely cast one of Nordreich's allies in a less-than-flattering light.

First, I approached our allies in Ragnarok about it, and was told it was not true. So far, so good. But I'm the kind of person who believes in 'trust but verify'; a principle that, if followed, might keep people from throwing around wild accusations.

So then....

I approached the leader of one of PB's alliances -- someone who had absolutely no reason to tell me the truth and every reason to dissemble and try to make my ally look bad -- and he said he had never heard this. He was quite emphatic about that, actually.

And now, finally....

Good luck, Ragnarok.

*whew*

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Solaris' timestamp='1295531981' post='2586259']
We aren't monsters, and if someone repents and reforms, absolution from sins is possible.
[/quote]
Sounds convenient.

Defending an ally is always the right choice.

I tip my hat to the nations of RoK for doing this against the doubtless wishes and pressure of so many.

I don't know where this action will land you, but you've gained the respect of many, myself included.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1295533928' post='2586299']
Yeah and going after a direct treaty partner was totally cool as well.
[/quote]

Well, to be fair, that's kind of a stupid way of putting things. A friend of my friend, is not necessarily my friend as well. It might not be the nicest thing in the world to attack them, but there's no obligation to that friend of a friend, though for some reason there's this notion on planet bob that a friend of a friend is pretty much my friend too, and that's just !@#$%^&*.

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1295533564' post='2586291']
My favorite part was when VE said Lennox has reformed. Classic stuff here.
[/quote]The point is, that when one agresses against us, we are the jury, the judge, and the executioner. Non-members have no say on anything within our shining city on a hill.

After reading a bit more of this thread, here's the thought I keep having:

A more considerate, neighborly course of action would involve going to RoK with a request to mediate. Seriously, who goes to their friend and says, "Will you stand aside while we clobber your other friend?" That's not the behavior of a true friend. Conversely, that's the captain of the cheer squad telling you you're too fat and need to abstain from food or throw up to lose weight and fit in... er, I mean, well, it's just not friendly behavior!

edit: RoK, you eat that cheeseburger! And get a large order of fries, too! You eat it and you take a picture!! :D

Edited by Farnsworth

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1295533564' post='2586291']
My favorite part was when VE said Lennox has reformed. Classic stuff here.
[/quote]

hey man, someone can go from die hard covert spy to die hard loyal VE member in 20 hours easy... sooo sooo sooo easy...

lolz ok that was tough to say with a strait face.

Since this thread is about RoK why not give them a mention... I only really got into the politics of the game near when RoK and NSO had there war. Now I thought the reason behind there war was kinda dull, and might not just be about speaking simple truth like Hoo claimed. I was interested in figuring out if he had any issues in the past with not holding to his word when it was convenient not too.

Gotta say I didn't find a damn thing, but only thing I am questioning now is why they are allied to some guys that would bandwagon an alliance with an obviously bogus CB. But it is too early to call how/if they will move based on everything that has been going on, but RoK is an alliance I am very interested in watching right now :)

Either way up to date I have yet to see another alliance that has held such an exploratory record for acting purely based on what they say they will do, and keeping true to what they deem right. This is just a good example how they stick to there guns.

o/ RoK

[quote name='Alexander The Second' timestamp='1295534893' post='2586325']
hey man, someone can go from die hard covert spy to die hard loyal VE member in 20 hours easy... sooo sooo sooo easy...

lolz ok that was tough to say with a strait face.
[/quote]His spying on us, lacked malicious intent and effect. That counts for something.

[quote name='Farnsworth' timestamp='1295534452' post='2586314']
After reading a bit more of this thread, here's the thought I keep having:

A more considerate, neighborly course of action would involve going to RoK with a request to mediate. Seriously, who goes to their friend and says, "Will you stand aside while we clobber your other friend?" That's not the behavior of a true friend. Conversely, that's the captain of the cheer squad telling you you're too fat and need to abstain from food or throw up to lose weight and fit in... er, I mean, well, it's just not friendly behavior!

edit: RoK, you eat that cheeseburger! And get a large order of fries, too! You eat it and you take a picture!! :D
[/quote]

Request help mediating...how about just accepting the offer that was made?

[quote name='Solaris' timestamp='1295535079' post='2586330']
His spying on us, lacked malicious intent and effect. That counts for something.
[/quote]

So taking screen shots of all the juicy info that only experienced and focused players would go for lacks malicious intent and effect?

So what the hell is the damn point of the war then?

[i][u]I smell fish[/u][/i]

[quote name='Yukon Don' timestamp='1295535204' post='2586332']
Request help mediating...how about just accepting the offer that was made?
[/quote]

Hey, I admit, I'm a bit too apathetic to peruse the thread... while I thought I made a solid effort of skimming, I missed any mention of said offer. What exactly was the offer? One of mediation?

[quote name='Mark Ashton' timestamp='1295531067' post='2586241']
And you are wrong again.... You started this war by spying. Spying is considered to be an offense, you spy, you get hit. Pretty common.
[/quote]

Well a few notes to correct you.

1) NpO did not do the spying, they merely knew of it, to say that they supported or encouraged it is a bit of a stretch, considering the circumstances of who the spy was.

2) Spying is certianly aggressive, it is certainly a valid CB, but its not offense. Whats next, you going to declare on somebody when they call you bad words, and you say that because you consider being called bad words a legit CB, that they went on the offensive against you? Thats simply illogical.

[quote name='Solaris' timestamp='1295535079' post='2586330']
His spying on us, lacked malicious intent and effect. That counts for something.
[/quote]

So he spied on you to help you? Would be an interesting revelation if it wasn't already obvious enough that you guys fabricated the entire thing.

[quote name='Alexander The Second' timestamp='1295535214' post='2586333']
So taking screen shots of all the juicy info that only experienced and focused players would go for lacks malicious intent and effect?
[/quote]
Well, if you've read about anything that's been going on recently, hi wrote publicly that malicious intent was directed against Polaris, not Solaris, or anyone I'd care for.

If Dajobo would've contacted us, and had Lennox not come to us, we'd naturally have lennox wiped.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1295535398' post='2586340']

So he spied on you to help you?
[/quote]
No. Read his post.

Edited by Solaris

[quote name='Farnsworth' timestamp='1295535395' post='2586339']
Hey, I admit, I'm a bit too apathetic to peruse the thread... while I thought I made a solid effort of skimming, I missed any mention of said offer. What exactly was the offer? One of mediation?
[/quote]

Yeah our FA and one of our Ruling Council members had made the offer to help mediate. We didn't want to watch two friends enter conflict.

You chose the ally that involved itself with the saboteur, and not the ally at the receiving end of his potentially damaging actions?

Furthermore, instead of riding united with your blocmates, those who (ostensibly) take precedence over all other allies (and those that have been with you through thick and through thin), you ride in the opposite direction?

All in all, poor showing, RoK.

edit: typo

Edited by SirWilliam

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1295536226' post='2586356']
You chose the ally that involved itself with the saboteur, and not the ally at the receiving end of his potentially damaging actions?

Furthermore, instead of riding united with your blocmates, those who (ostensibly) take precedence over all other allies (and those that have been with you through thick and through thin), you ride in the opposite direction?

[/quote]

If only we knew they were going to ride... [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img] ;)

[/quote]

We chose the ally who was in defense...

Blocmates...you mean the ones who took our notification of intent to declare and figured out how to jump in on the other side to avoid being stuck defending us?

Those Blocmates.... pfft

[/quote]

This assumes someone still buys the claims of legitimate espionage. Try again.

Edited by Farnsworth