A call to those betrayed by Polaris

The MVP

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1295332066' post='2580467']
You know, people always tell me well it's just a game your whatever is just whatever it's just a game man!

Well here's the thing. At the onset of this war Polaris wanted to set a precedent that a certain amount of decorum had to be displayed and that such childish acts can't rule the day. Many agreed, and many of who agreed were ex-Hegemonic alliances. Polaris knew that the sides were lined up to be 50/50 and that the only way we had a shot to finally put an end to the GOON-like behavior would be through this. With Polaris and its allies along with ex-Hegemonic alliances going up to bat it seemed like this was it, this was our time. And with TOP/IRON/TORN/DAWN about to go in as well it appeared like there was a good chance we'd pull through. No longer would we have to put up with the childish behavior of GOONS/\m/MK/Umbrella and whoever.

All well and good. Until Polaris decides it would not only be a good idea to pull out of the war, but to set TOP/IRON/TORN/DAWN up for what is the most brutal thing I have ever seen. Before TOP conducts it's attacks it is now common knowledge you told MK of the preemptive attack and even had the audacity to reveal plans from our coalition, in a war Polaris started, to the enemy. Leaving us stranded and out to a third unprecedented curb-stomp taking along with it much of their blue allies in Genesis and Nueva Vida.

In a war [i]you[/i] started. And let me tell you something, there was no friendship with Polaris and our side other than our common need to achieve an objective in which you took upon yourself to instigate. We went in, we defended you, and you let us rot as if we weren't friends and that's what we get for going into a war with you. And yet you all have the [i]audacity[/i] to claim we don't have a reason to want to see you burn? For castrating any shot we had at taking down those that loathe us and you, but whom for whatever reason you decided to write a blank check to rule this world as we sat idly by with no hope?

At the onset of the war, MK was very vocally opposed to you and carried many along with it. It wasn't going to be an easy battle but we decided we'd go in with you and when it was convenient for you to abandon us to save your own skins you did. Just as you looked on callously at how we were annihilated before the onslaught of the enemy and you, yourselves, you'll have to excuse me as I do the same now.

Nothing will satisfy me more than to see you destroyed.
[/quote]

i didnt read up on that war yet so i didnt know anything about it. i was honestly fearing that we did something really bad like attack someone defending us.. but that? did your side admit to foolishly getting into a war to help an alliance they had no ties to other than common goals? its honestly not the best fa.

if youre so butt hurt over an alliance you have no ties to not helping when you declare a massive war then your alliance must hate most of the world...

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1295323532' post='2579944']
4. If you want to destroy us, you will have to do better than ZOMGZ Grub is the ebil betrayer of TOP.
[/quote]
You didn't just betray TOP, you betrayed your ENTIRE COALITION.

I think it's seemingly appropriate that iFOK, one of the alliances your betrayal benefited, is now at your door.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1295482164' post='2584490']

I think it's seemingly appropriate that iFOK, one of the alliances your betrayal benefited, is now at your door.
[/quote]

You didn't just betray TOP, you betrayed TOP's ENTIRE COALITION.

Fixed it for you...

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1295482164' post='2584490']

[/quote]

TOP bandwaggoned on our CB to try and hide that they just wanted to hit MK. We had no part in their little coalition or what happened to it after they declared. This has been debated to death.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1295315429' post='2579235']
Many of us sat by as we saw Polaris conveniently switch sides of the war to save themselves. They had no regard for those they betrayed letting MK and their allies know of TOP's impending attacks and handing out the plans from their own side. Just as they betrayed us, it's time for us to betray them.

Polaris betrays, Polaris burns.
[/quote]

You talk pretty big for a 3k NS nation. ;)

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1295483754' post='2584547']
You didn't just betray TOP, you betrayed TOP's ENTIRE COALITION.

Fixed it for you...
[/quote]
TOP did not have a coalition. None of us would have been there, including TOP, if not for you. We were there supporting you.

When you decided that it was time to switch to the winning side, almost everyone left was given a choice to switch with you and abandon certain alliances on the battlefield (NSO, IRON, TOP) or stay and try and help out the people that you set up to get destroyed.

I wonder how you think you're going to squirm out of this one. It's sad that there are still good people who are taken in by you, and your promises of being not as terrible as VE.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1295497407' post='2584852']
Grub, it's getting time you get down to earth.
[/quote]

You have your view of the world, I have mine. I know lots of people were upset by what I did, I don't actually care. You will have to learn to deal with that somehow. You can not make me care by force, you can only try to make me cry and you can not do that by killing pixels.

I have my opinion on why people were involved in TOP's coalition, it is supported by fact and rambling on to the contrary is not going to convince me. The fact I abandoned a whole bunch of people I didnt invite to the party is of zero consequence to me. My agenda did not equal theirs, so it was hardly surprising when they didn't follow what I was doing.

There was some damages to alliances I cared about, it was unintended and my explanations given at the time are actually the truth relating to that. I can not change what transpired in that regard.

As for whether Polaris burns or not, or I burn or not, I don't particularly care. Polaris is not really all about having uber nations, having masses of tech to fondle or being afraid to get blown back to the ice age. Polaris is about a community that has largely stuck together through thick and thin and it always will be. You can not break us, you can not hurt us and you will not ever see us bend ever again.

So by all means, show me where this imaginary earth is.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1295498493' post='2584949']
Polaris is about a community that has largely stuck together through thick and thin and it always will be.
[/quote]
Oh?

Tell me, how's MyWorld doing now? Let's see... Mask of Blue?

Oh right. She's at war with your alliance.

I could go on. But it would get dull after a while.

Your alliance used to be a beacon of stability. You did manage to change all that. Now you're paying the price for your attempts to destroy another person's community, yet again. Congratulations.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1295500232' post='2585057']
Oh?

Your alliance used to be a beacon of stability. You did manage to change all that. Now you're paying the price for your attempts to destroy another person's community, yet again. Congratulations.
[/quote]

Thank you for your kind words.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1295500232' post='2585057']
Oh?

[/quote]

Wait, I thought we were paying the price for talking to a wannabe spy.

It's also amusing that you evidently think naming two individuals who have not been in the alliance for years (one of whom was in the alliance only very briefly) somehow disproves the notion that we care more about our community than having powerful nations. It's a complete non sequitur, albeit on par with what the CN community has come to expect from a Haflinger post.

[quote name='Moridin' timestamp='1295501451' post='2585185']
Wait, I thought we were paying the price for talking to a wannabe spy.
[/quote]
Spy whatever it is I dont know or care = why this war is happening

Betraying a whole coalition in the last war for petty revenge = why you will lose

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1295501563' post='2585206']
Spy whatever it is I dont know or care = why this war is happening

Betraying a whole coalition in the last war for petty revenge = why you will lose
[/quote]

I think that actually has SFA to do with it woody, but do keep on ranting about it.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1295502126' post='2585282']
I think that actually has SFA to do with it woody, but do keep on ranting about it.
[/quote]
Well you're wrong. You alienated a lot of alliances who otherwise in all likelihood would be fighting beside you. It really does make all the difference.

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1295502440' post='2585339']
Well you're wrong. You alienated a lot of alliances who otherwise in all likelihood would be fighting beside you. It really does make all the difference.
[/quote]

This isn't about Polaris anymore Toto, alliances will make their decisions based on what is good for them. Anyone who chooses to ignore logic to give Polaris a backhander deserves exactly what they will get. You lot are self-serving enough to work it out. Enjoy

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1295503552' post='2585500']
This isn't about Polaris anymore Toto, alliances will make their decisions based on what is good for them. Anyone who chooses to ignore logic to give Polaris a backhander deserves exactly what they will get. You lot are self-serving enough to work it out. Enjoy
[/quote]
Oh if only you followed your own logic. Have fun!