A call to those betrayed by Polaris

The MVP

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SpoiL' timestamp='1295326525' post='2580149']
Which is why a significant alliance needs to throw a curveball and make this interesting. Possibly Ragnarok..
[/quote]
Won't happen, I suspect. This war came too soon for that.

Very well played on PB's part.

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1295326436' post='2580144']
Okay, in all seriousness since this is an OOC forum, I'm worried here. The game can't afford another curbstomp like this and yet it appears Polar has no chance. Good for karmic justice, bad for the health of the game.

Oh well.
[/quote]

If the administrator of the game isn't concerned, why should we be?

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1295326686' post='2580162']
If the administrator of the game isn't concerned, why should we be?
[/quote]
If you think this isn't going to seriously damage the game, maybe you know something I don't. Real intrigue is needed desperately, and it was growing, if slowly.

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1295326876' post='2580176']
If you think this isn't going to seriously damage the game, maybe you know something I don't. Real intrigue is needed desperately, and it was growing, if slowly.
[/quote]

He never said that it wasn't going to cause serious damage. He's saying we shouldn't care because Admin doesn't.

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1295326876' post='2580176']
[/quote]
Be serious. Real intrigue died with 20,000 other nations.

[quote name='King Penchuk' timestamp='1295327222' post='2580190']
This game sucks now, why worry about it's death. Curbstomps have been the way of things since GW3 and this will never change.
[/quote]
The developing Polar/SF axis vs. PB/CnG had potential for intrigue.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1295327468' post='2580207']
It makes me smile whenever I see such misplaced optimism.
[/quote]
Well then I suppose this is the best war we'll get. Hope it turns out to be an upside surprise.

This is funny. NpO's allies had all that time to cancel on them when they were mad. If NpO's allies don't defend them, they need to have their balls dropped. It's like having NpO as a showpiece when people $%&@ with you, you pull them out. But when they need help, morons go ahead and say, "Weellllll they did $%&@ us over, so lets try avoiding this war".

Someone please come to the batters box and come swinging.

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1295327563' post='2580216']
Well then I suppose this is the best war we'll get. Hope it turns out to be an upside surprise.
[/quote]

I am hoping for complete devastation and a hopeful turn towards a more unstable and vitriolic state.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1295327851' post='2580238']
I am hoping for complete devastation and a hopeful turn towards a more unstable and vitriolic state.
[/quote]
Only can happen if Polar has a shot at winning.

They don't.

Considering the amount of time between this war and the BiPolar War, I think everyone who has a treaty with Polaris had more than enough time to cancel in response to that if they consider it a reason to let NpO get rolled. Everyone should of been able to see a war like this was going to come eventually for a long time now, so those who still hold a treaty with NpO have no good excuse not to help them here. If anyone tries to duck out of their treaty obligations here, I think the reason behind them not helping will clearly be cowardice if any of them try ignoring their NpO treaty now that a war has come along.

I hope to see both sides show they can be brave when facing a potentially tough war here and not ignore their treaties when convenient, which is all to common these days. SF has a defensive treaty with NpO, this is their chance to possibly take out their main competition for dominance in PB without doing it on their own. If SF has both the political ambition to take out the biggest threat to them (PB) and dedication to honor their treaties (defending NpO who one of them has a MDoAP with), this war could potentially go either way and be one of the most interesting big wars CN has seen for a long time.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1295328114' post='2580252']If SF has both the political ambition to take out the biggest threat to them (PB) and dedication to honor their treaties (defending NpO who one of them has a MDoAP with), this war could potentially go either way and be one of the most interesting big wars CN has seen for a long time.
[/quote]
The problem is that Rok is allied to VE too.

[quote name='Geoffron X' timestamp='1295329661' post='2580323']
The problem is that Rok is allied to VE too.
[/quote]
That doesn't mean they can't counter iFOK or Poison Clan, both of them attacked aggressively and aren't allied to them. Considering VE has already attacked a treaty partner of RoK, I don't think they would have a good case if they wanted to argue against it beyond wanting their side to win, considering they just did the same thing without needing to do it to honor a treaty when attacking Polaris. Also I don't see the part in the treaty RoK has with Polaris where it says that the treaty becomes void if one of RoK's allies starts the war bringing two friends.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1295329987' post='2580334']
That doesn't mean they can't counter iFOK or Poison Clan, both of them attacked aggressively and aren't allied to them. Considering VE has already attacked a treaty partner of RoK, I don't they would have a good case if they wanted to argue against it beyond wanting their side to win, considering they just did the same thing without needing to do it to honor a treaty when attacking Polaris. Also I don't see the part in the treaty RoK has with Polaris where that the treaty becomes void if one of RoK's allies starts the war bringing two friends.
[/quote]

Unless RoK agrees with VE's embellished CB.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1295328114' post='2580252']
Everyone should of been able to see a war like this was going to come eventually for a long time now, so those who still hold a treaty with NpO have no good excuse not to help them here. If anyone tries to duck out of their treaty obligations here, I think the reason behind them not helping will clearly be cowardice if any of them try ignoring their NpO treaty now that a war has come along.

SF has a defensive treaty with NpO, this is their chance to possibly take out their main competition for dominance in PB without doing it on their own. If SF has both the political ambition to take out the biggest threat to them (PB) and dedication to honor their treaties (defending NpO who one of them has a MDoAP with), this war could potentially go either way and be one of the most interesting big wars CN has seen for a long time.
[/quote]

Rok has a MDoAP with VE. Furthermore, SF has four treaties with PB, including GOD/VE's eternal treaty.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1295329987' post='2580334']
That doesn't mean they can't counter iFOK or Poison Clan, both of them attacked aggressively and aren't allied to them. Considering VE has already attacked a treaty partner of RoK, I don't they would have a good case if they wanted to argue against it beyond wanting their side to win, considering they just did the same thing without needing to do it to honor a treaty when attacking Polaris. Also I don't see the part in the treaty RoK has with Polaris where that the treaty becomes void if one of RoK's allies starts the war bringing two friends.
[/quote]

On the other hand, NpO spied on Rok's MDoAP partner.

Edited by Emperor Whimsical

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1295326558' post='2580153']
You're seriously not insisting that TOP is better than Legion.
[/quote]
I don't know how anyone could deny such an obvious fact.

Polaris has a [i]wonderful[/i] taste in allies.

Edited by Azaghul