Declaration of War From the Viridian Entente

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1295388583' post='2582093']
Yes, if I add stuff to the logs, I too can make them say something else! Seth can come in and respond to what you say about him if he likes, but let's just say ... your version is not one that anyone [s]outside the NPO would think of[/s] [i]on our side of the fence will admit[/i] as accurate.
[/quote]

Fixed that for you.

I don't really care about the curbstomp, I am just offended by the hypocrisy inherent in your spin.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1295388756' post='2582100']

Stop allying everything with an ANS over about 40K and this problem will fix itself.

[/quote]

Competence attracts competence. Looking forward to this potentially escalating :D

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1295388295' post='2582082']
Well, self-aggrandising and putting down others as always, but yes, some of you were actually relevant. Someone who I had apparently entirely forgotten, almost by definition, isn't. I'm not going to respond to your pathetic insults since I know your VE hate is beyond rational discourse already.
[/quote]
That's not really the problem. It's the fact that you labeled me in a fashion that would attempt to discredit me, and you !@#$@#$ know it.

I knew that I'm one of the lesser relevant Vox members, but that doesn't really give you an excuse to act like a complete hypocrite.

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' timestamp='1295388303' post='2582083']
Lets look at the excerpt, with appropriate translation added for the comprhension-impaired:

17:28] <sethb[OV-DepMoFO]> <Demeanor[Blackstone]> I got that screenie for you [i](that we discussed before)[/i]
[17:28] <sethb[OV-DepMoFO]> <sethb[OV-DepMoFO]> Cheesy [i](thank you for getting it for me)[/i]
[17:28] <sethb[OV-DepMoFO]> <Demeanor[Blackstone]> about NPO increasing warchest [i](like we talked about before)[/i]
[17:28] <sethb[OV-DepMoFO]> <Demeanor[Blackstone]> BUT
[17:28] <sethb[OV-DepMoFO]> <Demeanor[Blackstone]> here's the deal
[17:28] <sethb[OV-DepMoFO]> <sethb[OV-DepMoFO]> ?
[17:28] <sethb[OV-DepMoFO]> <Demeanor[Blackstone]> NPO has an anti-spy feature
[17:28] <sethb[OV-DepMoFO]> <Demeanor[Blackstone]> it's embedded in the image
[17:28] <sethb[OV-DepMoFO]> <Demeanor[Blackstone]> we don't know where
[17:28] <sethb[OV-DepMoFO]> <Demeanor[Blackstone]> so if that screen shot leaks, we lose a spy
[17:28] <sethb[OV-DepMoFO]> <sethb[OV-DepMoFO]> ok [i](I understand and will continue to collude with you in your spying efforts)[/i]
[17:28] <sethb[OV-DepMoFO]> <Demeanor[Blackstone]> okay
[17:28] <sethb[OV-DepMoFO]> <Demeanor[Blackstone]> just so you know
[17:28] <sethb[OV-DepMoFO]> <sethb[OV-DepMoFO]> It will remain in OV [i](I will never betray our partnership)[/i]
[17:28] <sethb[OV-DepMoFO]> <Demeanor[Blackstone]> http://i730.photobuc....rchestleak.jpg
[17:28] <sethb[OV-DepMoFO]> <Demeanor[Blackstone]> http://i730.photobuc....chest2leak.jpg
[17:28] <sethb[OV-DepMoFO]> <Demeanor[Blackstone]> guard that with your life
[17:28] <sethb[OV-DepMoFO]> <sethb[OV-DepMoFO]> I will
[17:28] <sethb[OV-DepMoFO]> <sethb[OV-DepMoFO]> promise [i](since I am an active participant in spying, you can trust my word to protect you)[/i]
[17:28] <sethb[OV-DepMoFO]> <Demeanor[Blackstone]> bbl [i](so we can discuss more spy ops like this one)[/i]

Look, Bob, you can continue to try to distance yourself from the fact that VE's hypocrisy in this current situation is blatantly hypocritical, but it just doesn't work. SethB had an ongoing relationship with Demeanor, he actively cooperated with Demeanor and he NEVER came clean about his espionage. If NPO's CB wasn't valid then, there is no way on Admin's green Bob that VE's CB is valid now. SethB knew in advance what the screenies were about, he accepted them knowing what they were, and he agreed to keep them secret so as to perpetuate the life of the spy ring. That is actual, willful participation in espionage.

On the other hand, as soon as Dajobo actually received any contraband, he almost immediately went to VE to advise them of the spy in their midst. VE didn't want to hear about it. All VE wanted was the excuse to roll Polar. As I posted earlier, it wouldn't have mattered whether he went to VE 5 minutes after receiving the screenies, VE would still have declared. That much is obvious to everyone; both those supporting the curbstomp and those who are against it.
[/quote]
I thought it was well known by now that nobody actually cared about OV or your reasons for attacking them in the lead-up to the Karma War, if anything it took you guys so long to attack people started thinking they might of got prepped for war over nothing and would need to wait for the next CB to roll you guys. In the Karma War your fate was sealed ahead of time when your allies turned on you and everyone that mattered knew which of them had a knife ready to stick in your back as soon as a war started.

The real question here is, did VE clear this with attack with SF (as well as other NpO allies) and are they prepared to watch their allies burn because of VE/iFOK/PC/FOK's lust for a winnable war after they got embarrassed over being unwilling to support NEW when they got declared on by Fark?

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1295389116' post='2582113']
I thought it was well known by now that nobody actually cared about OV or your reasons for attacking them in the lead-up to the Karma War, if anything it took you guys so long to attack people started thinking they might of got prepped for war over nothing and would need to wait for the next CB to roll you guys. In the Karma War your fate was sealed ahead of time when your allies turned on you and everyone that mattered knew which of them had a knife ready to stick in your back as soon as a war started....[/quote]

I know that. I just continue to hope that after such a long time people like Bob would have the stones to admit it, instead of continuing to spew the propoganda. I guess it is true that if you tell a lie long enough, you actually convince yourself that it is the truth....

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1295387589' post='2582063']
Oh, my apologies, ex-Vox nobody.

Edit: I think I had you confused with MVP, actually. So a genuine apology for that. Your conspiracy crap [i]is[/i] annoying though.
[/quote]

Glad to have been in Vox, unlike you saying you were opposed to the noCB war yet did absolutely nothing to prevent it in nothing but false words of you bravery. Your apology is as good as your word.

Continue to stand up for your tech, we need more of those. Or something.

[quote]Vox Populi stared down the power Grämlins sidled up to to save its own skin for years. I could forgive a nice guy for getting caught up in survivalism--it was all the rage--but what's so telling about you is that once you were free, you picked the epitome of cowardly survivalism to join and got snotty about it, too. You're a lot of tech and land with about 0 character. [/quote]

Then cried and lamented of the fall of Gremlins sitting by the sidelines while doing absolutely nothing to save his own neck, again. Oh.. and while trying to gain sympathy as well.

Don't get into too many rough battles there Bob.

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='SirBombAlot' timestamp='1295384655' post='2581979']
OT: DRAGON membership = 30ish.

Alchemy membership = 30ish.

Seems pretty even to me. Bring it. :awesome: /OT

Any CB is a good CB. Happy hunting to all involved parties.
[/quote]
Muahahahaha, All in good time, old friend. :)

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' timestamp='1295389187' post='2582114']
Prove that VE and friends interpretation in this case is accurate.

Yeah, I did just pull the No U card. :smug:
[/quote]
Sorry, I'd love to debate the salient points of this issue but your NO U totally ruined the mood. :gag:

[quote name='Derwood1' timestamp='1295389924' post='2582129']
Biggest facepalm of the day by far.....EM what exactly are you smoking these days? :wacko:
[/quote]

EM will [s]suck[/s] [s]whoever[/s] smoke whatever is convenient.

Good luck to VE on their glorious war!

:awesome:

Edited by 890765

[quote name='Derwood1' timestamp='1295389924' post='2582129']
Biggest facepalm of the day by far.....EM what exactly are you smoking these days? :wacko:
[/quote]

I can't root for the lesser of two evils? Granted any issues I had with Polaris were put to rest after Grub stepped down and we had a little dialogue with them, I suppose the phrase works. I'll go back to subscribing to the party line when the party doesn't !@#$ on its affiliates.

Edited by Emperor Marx

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1295387589' post='2582063']
Oh, my apologies, ex-Vox nobody.

Edit: I think I had you confused with MVP, actually. So a genuine apology for that. Your conspiracy crap [i]is[/i] annoying though.
[/quote]
I didn't notice the edit. MVP is awesome, so I see how that would cause confusion :awesome:

I don't actually believe in a conspiracy, I was just arguing that Lennox doing this on his own means that VE has the possibility of being involved and therefore that argument isn't a good one, and the implication there is a terrible one. I have already agreed that the CB is relatively good but I believe the war could and should have been avoided.

I honestly think Dajobo messed up and I don't think VE planted a spy. I also don't believe Dajobo had any ill intentions, but what he did was in fact worthy of getting attacked over.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1295391140' post='2582166']
And then I see Dajobo reading the thread!
[/quote]

This put a smile on my face Bob, of course I'm reading the thread!
Just because I don't jump up and down and scream over and over doesn't mean for one minute I don't care. I have stated my point truthfully and shared the logs of every word spoken with all our allies and members. At the end of the day we are at war and they are the only ones who matter to me.

There is one point really bugging me though. The assertion by various people that I asked for the screenshot and should have gone to VE before then. The fact is if I had of, I would be saying I have received some links that don't work to something unknown. It was only after Lennox fixed them that I even knew they were screen shots. I do agree I should have gone to VE right then and I made a massive error of judgement by thinking they were bogus and that a major alliance wouldn't give their warchests to a new member.

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1295392189' post='2582189']
There is one point really bugging me though. The assertion by various people that I asked for the screenshot and should have gone to VE before then. The fact is if I had of, I would be saying I have received some links that don't work to something unknown. It was only after Lennox fixed them that I even knew they were screen shots. I do agree I should have gone to VE right then and I made a massive error of judgement by thinking they were bogus and that a major alliance wouldn't give their warchests to a new member.
[/quote]
I don't necessarily disbelieve you, but believe your error in judgement was not going to talk to VE as soon as Lennox told you "he he I'm gonna spy on VE." Or rather I should say: that is what I would have done in that situation if I was wholly uninterested in what I might get out of it.

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1295392189' post='2582189']
This put a smile on my face Bob, of course I'm reading the thread!
Just because I don't jump up and down and scream over and over doesn't mean for one minute I don't care. I have stated my point truthfully and shared the logs of every word spoken with all our allies and members. At the end of the day we are at war and they are the only ones who matter to me.

[/quote]

What, you mean to say you aren't a massive liar? Inconceivable!

No, the thing that gets me about all of this is that for the other's sides arguments to be true you would have to be lieing your butt off this whole time. I can accept that you messed up and they ran with your mistake, that's the way our world works sometime. But to just flat out call a fairly high ranking and respected member of the community a liar just to get a war is beyond low. There's a lot of people out there that should be ashamed of themselves.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1295357600' post='2581213']
You don't say. [url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=361661]At least Hoo's taking a stand[/url]. Gotta give the man props for that, at least. :)
[/quote]
Absolutely, I can only hope he is treated with the same reverence and respect that those who left PC et al to fight for NEW were and that RoK are encouraged to accept Hoo back in the same way that PC were.

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1295393780' post='2582240']
Absolutely, I can only hope he is treated with the same reverence and respect that those who left PC et al to fight for NEW were and that RoK are encouraged to accept Hoo back in the same way that PC were.
[/quote]

Sorry but Hoo isn't ghosting our AA, he is a member of Polaris, try again.

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1295393780' post='2582240']
[/quote]
So, complete acceptance?