Formal Apology from TGE

[center][img]http://thegermanempire.net/public/style_extra/ministeries/imperial_announcement.png[/img][/center]

I stand before Planet Bob today to make an announcement on behalf of the Government of The German Empire. I would like to reference [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=96682"]this topic[/url].

As many of you may be aware, The German Empire has been undergoing a complete renovation in the past few months, welcoming back old and new members alike, creating new diplomatic ties, improving relationships with our allies, and transforming our own government. We have been working tirelessly so that our citizens can prosper both economically and diplomatically within Planet Bob.

We value and treasure our relationships with other alliances. We work hard to find diplomatic solutions to any incident we may come across, and we work hard to make this a better place for all.

As I reflect back on the past few weeks in which I have taken over as Imperial Chancellor, I have been extremely happy to see our relationships growing. As you can expect, I was saddened, and somewhat disappointed, to learn that one of our members had withheld important information from Nordreich, which directly affected a treaty that was being signed.

I can positively assure you that this matter has been taken up by myself, personally, and that member has been dealt with appropriately. Please do not let it reflect upon TGE's government, citizenship, or what our alliance stands for. We are good people seeking the same thing we all are here on Bob - a better life for our nations, our citizens.

It is with great sincerity that I wholeheartedly offer an apology to Nordreich. "I'm sorry - let's move on."

I encourage all alliances to come to our forums, open an Embassy, or just open communication with our members. And my door is always open should you want to discuss any matters or just say "hello."

I hope that this statement can be the first step in TGE regaining its footing here on Planet Bob.

On behalf of The German Empire,

Mark Thomas
Imperial Chancellor
and Acting HOS

Edited by Mark Thomas

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but your alliance has not done harm to just 1 alliance through this whole ordeal and to apologize to just 1 of them shows how ignorant you are of the full scope of this entire incident. I can think of at least two other alliances that were affected by the actions taken by your alliance.

Edited by TheListener

[quote name='Mark Thomas' timestamp='1294367270' post='2566588']
This is no show, I assure you.

I, for one, believe in diplomacy. This was the right thing to do, so I did it.

I can only hope that relationships can be mended. That's all.

Thank you, all.
[/quote]
As sincere as this apology may be, you should have passed and not posted this at all. You will get mostly idiotic responses.

Good luck.

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1294367341' post='2566593']
I'm sorry but your alliance has not done harm to just 1 alliance through this whole ordeal and to apologize to just 1 of them shows how ignorant you are of the full scope of this entire incident. I can think of at least two other alliances that were affected by the actions taken by your alliance.
[/quote]

I can name atleast 1 alliance that was rocked to its very foundation by this... a small alliance, but a member of the cyber verse nonetheless, that was forced out of an ally due to this......

It doesn't matter what others think. I did what I saw was the right thing to do. If you all think it's a joke and poke at it, fine - that is certainly fine by me. But I did the honorable thing and there's nothing more I can say. I just simply want to move on from this matter and work on TGE.

Thank you, all.
[/quote]
What relationships? Since when has NoR seeked relations with TGE? This should of been written up a lot more to trying to walk a new path instead of masking it as allies and friendships that you haven't even established.

Another failure to comprehend.

[quote name='Mussolini the Great' timestamp='1294367593' post='2566604']
I can name atleast 1 alliance that was rocked to its very foundation by this... a small alliance, but a member of the cyber verse nonetheless, that was forced out of an ally due to this......
[/quote]
I'm glad you learned your lesson the easy way.

Diplomacy is more then just polished words and public smiles. While it's amicable that you would wish to regain some of the PR you've blundered over your governments actions; this isn't the time. Even more so, anyone with an ounce of brain-power will see this for what it is; an attempt to save face.

Darmok (Nordreich) and Jalad (TGE) at Tanagra (Deception concerning tKoI)

To better relations through the facing of a common enemy, the enemy known as miscommunication, bad faith, deceit, discord, division, and disharmony.

To a unified tomorrow!

o/ TGE
o/ Nordreich
o/ TKoI

[quote name='Mark Thomas' timestamp='1294368451' post='2566631']
I'm not looking to kiss butt. I'm just stating "we're sorry, let's move on."
[/quote]

I don't believe the general message is the issue here. It's more of how you presented it. You very extensively hyped up a non-existent friendship, and that got taken as a huge slap in the face.

Thank you, all.
[/quote]

What a nice PR stunt!

I know everyone is extremely interested in the TGE / NoR back-story; it makes good soap opera drama. . . but has anyone noticed that there has been absolutely NO CREDIBLE PROOF given to the very alliance where the accused formerly resided? If this was about doing what was right, there would be conclusive evidence and not just allegations. If TKoI was a hot bed of racism, which it isn't, then shouldn't that evidence be given to the new leader in order to clean house? The fact that there is no concrete evidence makes me doubt the credibility of the decisions made by both TGE and NoR.

You mention the fact that you hope that relationships can be mended . . and some have mentioned the relationships between the large alliances of NoR and TGE. . but what about the TKoI relationships? What about the reputation of the accused. In as much as people as so quick to attack the injustice of alleged racism, then why is the right of innocence until proven guilty and the ability of the accused to face their accuser to be ignored?

As far as I'm concerned, and speaking for myself personally, this apology is just a public relations stunt. Also, why does this PR stunt apologize to NoR? TKoI is the one that got harmed, and it was the individual accused rulers that was harmed (NO conclusive proof has been offered yet.)

This will be my last time to demand evidence to be sent to me, via private channel. There is no way that both NoR and TGE are ignorant of my request. . . to deny me this 'evidence' would indicate that there is no evidence. Someone 'man up' and either send the proof or apologize to the falsely accused pertaining the slanderous accusations.

ColonelTom
King of The Kingdom of Italy

I'll give you credit for one thing. After all the attempts on TGE's part to meddle in Nordreich's internal affairs, TGE harboring those who have spied on Nordreich, and TGE's various attempts to undermine Nordreich's protectorates, this is the only time it's been followed by a public: "We're sorry."

A careful reading of the above should indicate how much value I therefore place in this.