STA January Press Conference

pezstar

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1294510275' post='2568681']
Ha, we thought it was very funny. You were too busy seething at us moarlists to notice I guess. If anyone needs a sense of humor it's you guys. You expect and demand that we limit ourselves so you can be free to do whatever you want. The irony there is just killer.
[/quote]
We if you truly found any part of that funny I honestly say I need to open my eyes and reassess, further we don't expect or demand anything from anyone.
As to irony and all, just a little refresher, we were messing with a 6 ghosts on a dead AA that had no protection, your free fun involved threatening a sovereign alliance with active members and treaties. If you want to poke fun, call a spade a spade.

(And yes, I admit the attactorate joke as a very poor idea in bad taste)

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1294510610' post='2568685']As to irony and all, just a little refresher, we were messing with a 6 ghosts on a dead AA that had no protection, your free fun involved threatening a sovereign alliance with active members and treaties.[/quote]This is priceless.

[quote name='Cairna' timestamp='1294511505' post='2568690']
How much do you know of Terra-Cotta beyond your relations with the NSO?
[/quote]Not much!

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1294511754' post='2568695']
Does STA have any plans to change teams any time soon?
[/quote]No.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1294375620' post='2566814']
MK has absolutely no reason to hate NpO for anything to do with the Bipolar war.
[/quote]
They attacked a couple alliances that our MADP partners were treated to (over an issue that didn't really concern them) despite us talking to Grub and stating what a mess that would make. Then they proceded to not peace out because of the wording 'not appropriate' vs some other irrelevant term I can't remember atm.

Basically they were incredibly selfish and did their best to make things a huge hassle for their allies.

Edited by Drai

[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1294516648' post='2568741']
They attacked a couple alliances that our MADP partners were treated to (over an issue that didn't really concern them) despite us talking to Grub and stating what a mess that would make. Then they proceded to not peace out because of the wording 'not appropriate' vs some other irrelevant term I can't remember atm.

Basically they were incredibly selfish and did their best to make things a huge hassle for their allies.
[/quote]

It was not appropriate vs. wrong

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1294509507' post='2568677']
6 nations on a dead AA, you guys still need to find that since of humor, it's loss might be greater than the missing agenda.
[/quote]
Pot, meet kettle.

Edited by flak attack

Are you for real guys? Pez mentions a new bloc is forming, and you all keep arguing about STA's stance in bi-polar?

Ok, I got two questions.

1. STA, do you think that TOP's new [size="2"][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]vivacious manner in this thread may be the result of their new overlords?[/font]
[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]
[/font]
[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]2. Any chance you could leak this bloc so i can know about it beforehand? ;) (kidding there)[/font][/size]

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1294528316' post='2568958']
Are you for real guys? Pez mentions a new bloc is forming, and you all keep arguing about STA's stance in bi-polar?

Ok, I got two questions.

1. STA, do you think that TOP's new [font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="4"]vivacious manner in this thread may be the result of their new overlords?[/size][/font]
[/quote]

We refer to our press conferences as archeological digs. People come into the conferences to dig up some historical event that they can complain about. TOP want a scapegoat for their failed attack on C&G and with a treaty with MK now in place they have to return to their traditional scapegoats the NpO and STA.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1294529565' post='2568992']
We refer to our press conferences as archeological digs. People come into the conferences to dig up some historical event that they can complain about. TOP want a scapegoat for their failed attack on C&G and with a treaty with MK now in place they have to return to their traditional scapegoats the NpO and STA.
[/quote]

BTW, I fixed the formatting error in my post, I don't want anyone to think the larger text is Tyga's addition, its just my typo.

Edited by supercoolyellow

[/quote]

What's this I hear about Ambrose Bierce and the New Mexican Order?

STA's relationship with Valhalla soured during the Unjust War when the STA requested assistance from Valhalla via our MDP. For some reason that request was not passed on to NoWedge (or he ignored the request) and Valhalla later joined the war on the opposing side.

Tyga, who made your sig? They should be shot, court-martialed, and then shot again.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1294475793' post='2568469']
If invited, would STA join:

PB
SF
CnG
Synergy
[b]Sirius[/b]
AZTEC
Doomhouse
[b]iFOK[/b]
[/quote]
I'm not sure why you listed Sirius, as it is a blue unity bloc, STA isn't on blue, and I doubt they plan to move from white any time soon. It'd be like asking them to join NOIR. Also, iFOK isn't a bloc last I checked :P

[quote name='Skippy' timestamp='1294736540' post='2571865']
Tyga, who made your sig? They should be shot, court-martialed, and then shot again.

I'm not sure why you listed Sirius, as it is a blue unity bloc, STA isn't on blue, and I doubt they plan to move from white any time soon. It'd be like asking them to join NOIR. Also, [b]iFOK isn't a bloc last I checked[/b] :P
[/quote]
We would be a block if you joined us.

[quote name='Skippy' timestamp='1294736540' post='2571865']
[/quote]

Bzelger added text and a platypus to an already existing picture of a white tiger dominatrix. :unsure:

[/quote]

I love how you keep spitting that for pages althought TOP was one of the alliance who actually took responsibility for what they did. If you start a press conference, you need to be prepared to get enquired and not throw a hissy fit over every little question.

It was said more than once that TOP does only have very little, if any, anger towards STA for their stance in Bipolar. NpO is a different chapter.

And I came in here thinking a monthly press conference would be boring :o

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1294742280' post='2571887']
I love how you keep spitting that for pages althought TOP was one of the alliance who actually took responsibility for what they did. If you start a press conference, you need to be prepared to get enquired and not throw a hissy fit over every little question.

It was said more than once that TOP does only have very little, if any, anger towards STA for their stance in Bipolar. NpO is a different chapter.
[/quote]

Very little?
Did you actually look at any of Walkerninja's posts? Although I guess maybe he's always like that, I remember thinking the guy with the Cobra Commander avatar seemed very angry all the time :huh:
And Feanor Noldorin definitely said TOP had problems with STA's actions during Bi-Polar
Also, saying that any STA member here as thrown a hissy fit is a ridiculous but also dumb assertion, and you should be ashamed of yourself for making such a patently false claim :awesome:

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1294740954' post='2571883']
Bzelger added text and a platypus to an already existing picture of a white tiger dominatrix. :unsure:
[/quote]
The fact such a thing existed in the first place is...:ph34r:

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1294770484' post='2572078']
The fact such a thing existed in the first place is...:ph34r:
[/quote]

This raises the question, was STA responsible for the original creation of this image or did they just happen to find it? If they were responsible for its creation, why? :blink:

[quote name='Vladisvok Destino' timestamp='1294771654' post='2572098']
This raises the question, was STA responsible for the original creation of this image or did they just happen to find it? If they were responsible for its creation, why? :blink:
[/quote]

I'm 99% sure that The Internet was responsible for the tiger but multiple STA members (including at least one government official!) were responsible for its compositing into that scene.

[quote name='Vladisvok Destino' timestamp='1294771654' post='2572098']
[/quote]

I found the image minus the text and platypus by searching the interwebs. I'm not sure who created it or for what purpose it was created. :P

[quote name='HellAngel']

[/quote]

I'm unaware of any "hissy fit" thrown in response to a question in a press conference. Answers to questions asked seem to generate a few though.

As for TOP having only very little if any anger towards the STA, this press conference certainly shows some in TOP hold quite a bit of anger.

Edited by Tygaland