30k NS Raid Target

Veuras

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1293557589' post='2556275']
WC I will be in range of one of these fine nations soon enough, hope your ready, you KNOW I will hit em. What you set out to do was fine, what you are doing is messed up.
[/quote]

Merrie Melodies, this is beneath you.

Everyone else -

[quote name='Tautology' timestamp='1293558691' post='2556290']
I don't understand why Warrior Concept gave this particular None nation protection but not all the other Nones. Or because someone made a thread for it?
[/quote]

Well, yeah...

All -

I'm floored that people take issue with - ANYONE, even if it's the infamous Warrior Concept ;) - offering protection for ONLY seven days to a nation that was specifically targeted by SOMEONE ELSE (aka: Warrior Concept did not start this thread, Veuras did) on OWF as a raid target!

Seriously, since when is OWF a place for individual national leaders to post raid targets? Don't you people have somewhere on your forums for that, if nothing else???

Veuras, IF there is something else juicy here, DO tell so we can start the popcorn machines. Otherwise stop wasting our time. This doesn't even reach a one (1) on the drama llama scale and I'm embarrassed that I'm the only one to point this out.

Where are the sarcastic comments toward someone who feels the need to make such a post in the first place? Has everyone lost their mind?

I have no problem whatsoever with what Warrior Concept is doing. The rest of you - :rolleyes:

Edited by White Chocolate

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1293562266' post='2556349']This doesn't even reach a one (1) on the drama llama scale[/quote]

[img]http://www.cnsparta.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/dramalama.gif[/img]

The nation is not unaligned, it is in a one-man AA. It seems to be sending quite a bit of aid to Darkfall, perhaps that alliance would be better suited to serve as a protector?

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1293504259' post='2555763']
It will be handled just as any raid would be. They would be asked to send reps and if not then we would proceed accordingly.
[/quote]
Honest question as i cant seem to find the protectorate you have with VE. If you were to defend a protectorate would VE be obligated to help you in what would ammount to an agressive action on your part as per imperos statement VE wasnt aware of this action. I know at least in our case protectorates dont generally have protectorates for the simple fact it leads to a mess.

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1293536131' post='2556136']
Above posts pretty much hit it on the head, all this bawling about a singular 30K nation makes you people look pathetic.

WC has every right to say who is and is not under his alliances protection. You cannot use the "It's our right to tech raid" excuse as tech raiding in itself is a breach of rights towards the effected nation. Also I highly doubt that PB want to roll some raiders considering the alliances making up PB are mostly raiders themselves.

If you want to raid someone, go for it but don't ever come back and complain about any consequences. You reap what you sow.
[/quote]
How big are you now nutkase :P.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1293558695' post='2556291']
It's [i]that[/i] - and not the protection of the unprotected - that makes this worth it?

It's all so clear now: This has more to do with snubbing raiders than it does with protecting the unprotected.
[/quote]
Yikes im agreeing with SirWilliam this is a brave new CN

Personally I would hit that guy if I could hes a none and knows the game well enough to at least try to hide. I dont mind what you are trying to do WC for new nations or those that are not as familiar with the game but this is stupid. Oh well I guess.

Judging by the aid this guy is sending out, he's pretty heavily warchested, although his military wonders and nuke count suck. The two Celestial Being nations that are within range are quite the joke, one doesn't have nuclear weapons, neither of them have SDIs. WC is betting the future of his two nations and that VE will come prancing his rescue against the vague assumption that nobody will attack this nation. In essence, that counts as a stupid leader who is gambling his alliance's future away for no gain whatsoever, except merely vague recognition on the OWF. Bad PR is still PR, amirite?

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1293495336' post='2555635']
That nation will be protected by Celestial Being for 7 days starting today.
[/quote]

you are really starting to piss me off you know that? way to get rid of even more fun from this game :/

i used to respect you and Celestial Being for your actions but now you just getting pompous

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1293498154' post='2555666']
I didn't talk with VE before protecting BC or this guy.
[/quote]

also shouldnt you talk to your protectors to tell them of your intent to protect any possible raid target? cause if i were in their shoes i'd like to know when a protection could lead to war, especially if its just handed out to everyone and anyone and an alliance might want to challenge your "moral police" agenda

Edited by Lurunin

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1293558695' post='2556291']
It's [i]that[/i] - and not the protection of the unprotected - that makes this worth it?

It's all so clear now: This has more to do with snubbing raiders than it does with protecting the unprotected.
[/quote]
Well...yeah.

That's why you would do it on the OWF. WC is well aware that all past attempts at protecting [i]all[/i] none nations failed. He of all people would remember that.

If he secretly offered protection to this nation and PM'ed all nations that attacked the protected nation, nobody would have posted in this thread. It's the same deal. Both parties, raiders and "moralists" are just using this thread as a proxy. That's all.

Edited by Earogema

btw...took a look at your charter...doesnt it say that you only offer protection to non-aligns and alliances that are [i]currently[/i] being tech raided?

this protection seemed better suited for the DF instance than now...unless you either rescind the protection for an hour or amend your charter to reflect better wording wanting to protect anyone you see fit

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1293567871' post='2556423']
Well...yeah.

That's why you would do it on the OWF. WC is well aware that all past attempts at protecting [i]all[/i] none nations failed. He of all people would remember that.

If he secretly offered protection to this nation and PM'ed all nations that attacked the protected nation, nobody would have posted in this thread. It's the same deal. Both parties, raiders and "moralists" are just using this thread as a proxy. That's all.
[/quote]
No proxy here, you of all people know me better than that, heck I don't even like raiding but this is ridiculous. He'll pull this with someone in my range at some point and we can see where this little project ends up.
o/ Walford
o/ 2006

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1293567287' post='2556417']
also shouldnt you talk to your protectors to tell them of your intent to protect any possible raid target? cause if i were in their shoes i'd like to know when a protection could lead to war, especially if its just handed out to everyone and anyone and an alliance might want to challenge your "moral police" agenda
[/quote]

Not really, he told us the theme and general actions to expect from his alliance when he asked for the protectorate. If we hated the idea we wouldn't have signed the treaty.

Also, since this is an OOC section. I'm absolutely laughing my ass off at all the outrage and blue balls this has generated. Are you guys that hard up for raid targets that one guy being denied to you is that big a deal? Or did everybody forget this is an OOC section and carry all their faux moral outrage and e-thug in with them from the Alliance Announcements forum?

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1293574539' post='2556549']
Not really, he told us the theme and general actions to expect from his alliance when he asked for the protectorate. If we hated the idea we wouldn't have signed the treaty.

Also, since this is an OOC section. I'm absolutely laughing my ass off at all the outrage and blue balls this has generated. Are you guys that hard up for raid targets that one guy being denied to you is that big a deal? Or did everybody forget this is an OOC section and carry all their faux moral outrage and e-thug in with them from the Alliance Announcements forum?
[/quote]

its hard as hell getting a raid target in my range lol...also i've been itching for a war that does not seem to be coming :P

...not too mention i'm not keen of people overstepping their bounds to inconvenience others :rolleyes:;

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1293574539' post='2556549']
[/quote]

It's always easy it is to overlook how childish the people defending [b]YOUR[/b] opinion is. I don't see either side of the debate here as being all that mature about it. Your protectorates are pulling an obvious stunt for PR and the people who they intended to annoy, got annoyed. However, to address your comment above, yes we pretty much are that hard up for raid targets considering how quickly this game is shrinking despite the alliance count continuing its steady growth upwards. There have been numerous indications over the last two years that have pointed to the conclusion you're laughing at, the most recent of which being the NEW War which I can't see happening when the targets were ripe for the picking.

Before more alliances gets their shining armor and high hats on, the said nation is under protection of Darkfall. Protection will last until Sabra(nation owner) is out of tech, or attacks a nation that is not a member of the Darkfall alliance.
If the nation is attacked we will do something about it.

[quote name='CaptainCracker' timestamp='1293578204' post='2556598']
Before more alliances gets their shining armor and high hats on, the said nation is under protection of Darkfall. Protection will last until Sabra(nation owner) is out of tech, or attacks a nation that is not a member of the Darkfall alliance.
[/quote]

yeah! what he said...

[/quote]

For anyone who is too dumb to figure out protection notices (See: NEW) this is an official Darkfall announcement. Don't touch Sabra till we get all of our tech. Our balls are plenty blue from the current state of the world so we would have no qualms retaliating against anyone who touches Sabra.

[/quote]

Welp, that's pretty much that then.

I'm sure people will continue to argue about this for at least a couple more pages anyway though.

[quote name='Daikos' timestamp='1293578526' post='2556608']
For anyone who is too dumb to figure out protection notices (See: NEW) this is an official Darkfall announcement. Don't touch Sabra till we get all of our tech. Our balls are plenty blue from the current state of the world so we would have no qualms retaliating against anyone who touches Sabra.
[/quote]
You understand of course that should someone with my current level of NS decide to go ahead and raid anyway there's only two nations in range that could counter? One which has no nukes and another with a MP, but 0 nukes? Also as he sends off his tech and his NS falls it will be harder for you to actually enforce your protection?

[quote name='Raider' timestamp='1293579006' post='2556617']
You understand of course that should someone with my current level of NS decide to go ahead and raid anyway there's only two nations in range that could counter? One which has no nukes and another with a MP, but 0 nukes? Also as he sends off his tech and his NS falls it will be harder for you to actually enforce your protection?
[/quote]

If they are out of our range I'm quite sure our friends would be happy to help us with the problem.

I look forward to another five pages worth of stupid questions and speculation.

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1293574939' post='2556552']
...not too mention i'm not keen of people overstepping their bounds to inconvenience others :rolleyes:;
[/quote]

That doesn't fly, you don't think the person you raid for your enjoyment might find the experience inconvenient? At best its a wash, since at least one person is always inconvenienced, either the raider who doesn't get a target or the raidee who gets raided.

[quote name='Balder' timestamp='1293576857' post='2556570']
It's always easy it is to overlook how childish the people defending [b]YOUR[/b] opinion is. I don't see either side of the debate here as being all that mature about it. Your protectorates are pulling an obvious stunt for PR and the people who they intended to annoy, got annoyed. However, to address your comment above, yes we pretty much are that hard up for raid targets considering how quickly this game is shrinking despite the alliance count continuing its steady growth upwards. There have been numerous indications over the last two years that have pointed to the conclusion you're laughing at, the most recent of which being the NEW War which I can't see happening when the targets were ripe for the picking.
[/quote]

Its not a stunt, the entire point of WC's alliance is to protect people from raiders, get them educated if necessary and move them onto an alliance. Its what he does. Think of Celestial Being as the exact opposite of a tech raiding alliance. In the IC section you can !@#$%* and moan all you want but here in the OOC section are you seriously gonna sit here and claim his play style is any less valid than anyone elses?

just to make it clear, we don't give a s¤#¤t about morals or schmorals. Sabra is a member of our community, and will continue to be(he's our f-f-f-f-friend). Touching him will mean touching all of us(and not in that nice way, around that certain spot some of you might know off)

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1293580139' post='2556637']
Its not a stunt, the entire point of WC's alliance is to protect people from raiders, get them educated if necessary and move them onto an alliance. Its what he does. Think of Celestial Being as the exact opposite of a tech raiding alliance. In the IC section you can !@#$%* and moan all you want but here in the OOC section are you seriously gonna sit here and claim his play style is any less valid than anyone elses?
[/quote]

Your post (first and last sentences in particular) brings me back to my point earlier of overlooking the attitude and behavior of your friends while bashing the people on the other side for behaving similar. Also, I don't believe I've been "!@#$%* and moaning" so we can skip over that part which brings us to another misunderstanding. Again, I don't believe I've brought up anything about his play style not being valid, I just pointed out how obvious a PR stunt it was. If it's not an attempt at a straw man argument and you're just not addressing me, I request you do so in the future if you're quoting me so I can properly respond.