Tetris Updates

Hereno

[center]
[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/2rwal1i.png[/IMG]

[color="#008000"][size="7"][u][b]Tetris Announcement[/b][/u][/size][/color]
[/center]

[center]Several things that need announced. First and foremost, you may notice that we have a new flag. We've actually had it for some time, but making an announcement just to show off a new flag is a waste of everyone's time. Thank you, Kean, for the design. :wub:

Next, and much more importantly, Pollard has recently resigned from his position as Game Developer and left the alliance. He cited personal reasons for his departure; if you would like to know more, you can talk to him yourself. He was, is, and will forever be revered among Tetrads. The good Pollard did for us is way too much to sit here and list, but we offer our thanks and gratitude to him for his hard work and dedicatation to the alliance during his stay, not only as a leader, but as a government member and as a Tetrad.

As a result, we've had a few changes to our government. The new lineup is as follows:

[u]Game Developer[/u] - Logan

[u]Programmer of Foreign Matters[/u] - Hereno

[u]Programmer of Game Patent[/u] - USMC123

[u]Programmer of Internal Matters[/u] Ali5541

[u]Programmer of Accounts[/u] - Mack

[u]Deputy Programmer of Technology[/u] - DragonKnight1000
[u]Deputy Programmer of Trades[/u] - DragonKnight1000

[u]Game Councilor[/u] - BladeX
[u]Game Councilor[/u] - Granat
[u]Game Councilor[/u] - Rhaemyr[/center]

[center]*****[/center]

[center]Another result of Pollard's departure has been the cancellation of the Intertwined Blocks Doctrine.[/center]

[quote][center][img]http://i42.tinypic.com/2mmd4d3.png[/img]

[color="#008000"][size="7"][u][b]The Intertwined Blocks Doctrine[/b][/u][/size][/color][/center]

[u][b]Article 1[/b][/u]

The split second a member of Tetris is mentioned on irc, the official cybernations forums, an alliance's off site forums, or any other recognised means of communication, the entire alliance of Tetris is considered to have been mentioned. Every member of Tetris is considered to be a representative of Tetris.

[b][u]Article 2[/u][/b]

If an insult is made against one member of Tetris, it is considered to be an insult against every member of Tetris, and will be treated as such. If allgations are made against one member of Tetris, they are considered to be made against every member of Tetris, and will be treated as such.

[b][u]Article 3[/u][/b]

We stick up for our members.

[b][u]Article 4[/u][/b]

We are much more than an alliance. We are a brotherhood. We stick together through everything. We will stand by each others sides though everything. Every member of Tetris would gladly lay down their nation in service of the alliance if it to help or protect another member. This is not seen as required, it's just what we do.

[b][u]Article 5[/u][/b]

This Doctine can only be cancelled in the event of Pollard no longer being a member of Tetris.[/quote]

[center]*****[/center]

[center]Lastly, I would like to extend a thanks to our Programmer of Internal Matters, Ali5541, on behalf of the entire alliance, for his recent updates to our forums. We've gotten a new theme, some adjustments to layout, and a newer software version. In addition, navigating between pages should be much quicker. For those interested in checking out the new forums or contacting us, here's our contact info:[/center]

[center]
Forums: www.cn-tetris.net
IRC: #Tetris on Coldfront
[/center]

Edit: Because no matter how many times you read something before you post it, you'll always miss that one tiny error that needs fixing.

Edited by Hereno

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1291777291' post='2533472']
I kinda liked the old flag better. :P
[/quote]
Agreed.

Also, it's good to see that Intertwined Blocks Doctrine go - I mean, teamwork is a good thing and all, but there was too much potential for a bad apple to ruin it for everyone with such a doctrine. It looks like 2011 will be the "Age of Progress" for many alliances out there for sure....

[quote name='LegendoftheSkies' timestamp='1291779137' post='2533498']
I hope you'll be keeping your old war banner though. That thing is the !@#$.
[/quote]

No promises :P

[quote name='PotFace' timestamp='1291780193' post='2533513']
Agreed.

Also, it's good to see that Intertwined Blocks Doctrine go - I mean, teamwork is a good thing and all, but there was too much potential for a bad apple to ruin it for everyone with such a doctrine. It looks like 2011 will be the "Age of Progress" for many alliances out there for sure....
[/quote]

We generally don't accept bad apples. Also, I don't think we need any policy advice from the likes of someone who managed to dwindle BCOM down to an alliance of 8k ANS, 7 members, and less than 100k NS.... but thanks. ^_^

[quote name='Somedude' timestamp='1291781096' post='2533525']
As the Tetris Champion of the Viridian Entente, I support this new banner.
[/quote]

You might want to go speak to Mack/Ali5541 about that. :(

Best of luck going forward Tetris. I kind of liked the idea of the Intertwined doctrine though.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1291781615' post='2533539']
Also, I don't think we need any policy advice from the likes of someone who managed to dwindle BCOM down to an alliance of 8k ANS, 7 members, and less than 100k NS.... but thanks. ^_^
[/quote]
Now that was uncalled for.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1291781615' post='2533539']
We generally don't accept bad apples. Also, I don't think we need any policy advice from the likes of someone who managed to dwindle BCOM down to an alliance of 8k ANS, 7 members, and less than 100k NS.... but thanks. ^_^
[/quote]

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1291783612' post='2533596']
Now that was uncalled for.
[/quote]

It sure as hell was. Anyone with a brain cell knows that there's no feasible way to keep out each and every bad apple. You guys just posted the removal of the doctrine as if you suddenly just made that discovery.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1291786834' post='2533666']
The blocks in your flag look peculiarly like a hand giving some one the bird :P
[/quote]

I took a second glance when I read this and, you know...you're right! lol. probably not intended but cool none the less.