A Statement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Archon

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1289355215' post='2508847']
The PR move is what you tried to do. "Hey guys, no one will notice who we're giving the bird to if we cancel on [i]everyone[/i].
[/quote]
Don't tell Athens they are one of those guys getting the bird. But, I would think if people pay attention to phrases in that mass cancellation thread and exchanges MK has with some people they will figure out Athens has a tie that MK could give a rats butt about. So either Athens cancels that tie to maybe have a chance with MK again or they never sign. Just my 2 cents on that.

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1289355884' post='2508859']
Poison Clan has been on black, and in NOIR for a veeeery long time.
[/quote]
sammich conflict already answered my question but you have my thanks.

Edited by Fernando12

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1289355793' post='2508856']
Nothing has changed, the first red definition was your perception of the move, and the green is the rest of the worlds perception of the events
[/quote]
Yeah, that might make sense if it wasn't for: i) the fact I have outlined numerous times how any claims that our treaty dissolutions were motivated by PR concerns are false, and ii) all the ludicrous claims that it was an orchestrated PR move came from you and your ilk.

Christ, this is child's play.

Edited by Denial

As I mentioned in the previous thread regarding this matter, as a nation involved in the trade circle that this whole ruckus is about, I am waving any compensation I was to receive because of this...quite frankly because I don't believe I deserve any. MK is free to do what it wishes, while I personally disagree with how they went about it I can't speak for their own experiences with NSO in the past so I can't put myself in their shoes regarding how they feel about NSO. I would like to thank Yevgeni and MK for trying their best to fix the trade circle and compensate us, but I just don't feel I deserve any of it.

Hope this clears things up as after my last post I still received an aid offer from NSO.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1289356357' post='2508869']
As I mentioned in the previous thread regarding this matter, as a nation involved in the trade circle that this whole ruckus is about, I am waving any compensation I was to receive because of this...quite frankly because I don't believe I deserve any. MK is free to do what it wishes, while I personally disagree with how they went about it I can't speak for their own experiences with NSO in the past so I can't put myself in their shoes regarding how they feel about NSO. I would like to thank Yevgeni and MK for trying their best to fix the trade circle and compensate us, but I just don't feel I deserve any of it.

Hope this clears things up as after my last post I still received an aid offer from NSO.
[/quote]
How honourable of you. I applaud this noble act [img]http://209.85.62.26/5982/21/emo/clap.gif[/img]

[/quote]

You don't deserve it anyways, seeing as you still owe LUE money. :ehm:

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1289356549' post='2508871']
How honourable of you. I applaud this noble act [img]http://209.85.62.26/5982/21/emo/clap.gif[/img]
[/quote]

For some reason, I sense sarcasm there.

So, now that one person from this circle has stepped up and said they've never required any compensation, how about the others?

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1289355853' post='2508857']
Hahaha, right, right. I guess I should be comforted by the fact that our detractors [i]still[/i] cannot wrap their head around the fact that our foreign policy is not set by what reaction it will get from the general public.

I must have imagined these two posts:

For your sake, those seeds that were apparently planted better develop into some rulers with some actual intelligence and strategic foresight.
[/quote]
For my sake? What are you refering to? Is that an implied threat? Normally I feel bad when an alliance publically flails around in excrement of their own making. Due to many MKers passion to point out how terrible other alliances are, including mine, I will be honest and say I am greatly enjoying watching this train wreck. Yes I will be honest and admit to complete bias here.

Edited by Merrie Melodies

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1289357670' post='2508887']
For my sake? What are you refering to? [b]Is that an implied threat? [/b]Normally I feel bad when an alliance publically flails around in excrement of their own making. Due to many MKers passion to point out how terrible other alliances are, including mine, I will be honest and say I am greatly enjoying watching this train wreck. Yes I will be honest and admit to complete bias here.
[/quote]
Yes. Watch out.

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1289358269' post='2508899']
Yes. Watch out.
[/quote]
Nice to see some honesty out of MK, allow me to retort to your threat, there is absolutley nothing MK can do to me that hasn't been done in the past, there is nothing for me to watch out for, I know your hoodlums can roll me at will and I don't care.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1289358730' post='2508908']
Nice to see some honesty out of MK, allow me to retort to your threat, there is absolutley nothing MK can do to me that hasn't been done in the past, there is nothing for me to watch out for, I know your hoodlums can roll me at will and I don't care.
[/quote]
That'll be 50 tech, thanks.

[quote name='Rafael Nadal' timestamp='1289359337' post='2508920']
Sure you can. 100 tech.
[/quote]
well I was thinking 50 tech to MK for me being a meanie to them and 3M to me for the anguish of public threats and implied bad PR against me in the past. Of course I am open to negotiation.

Edited by Merrie Melodies

[/quote]
Now this I can get behind....

you are an honorable man

PK

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1289355215' post='2508847']
The PR move is what you tried to do. "Hey guys, no one will notice who we're giving the bird to if we cancel on [i]everyone[/i]. Now the seeds you have sown is that your former allies are in no hurry stand up for you in threads like this. Also, MM never said you were sowing the seeds of your destruction, he simply alluded to these couple of threads.
[/quote]
You're mistaken.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1289354525' post='2508835']
I remember a long time ago people saying the same stuff. I forget what happened, but it probably makes for a good story.
[/quote]
Try me. Nothing lasts forever, but it certainly won't be the likes of you who stop our side. Now run along and make a trap micro for us to raid, or whatever it is you do.

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1289360655' post='2508956']
You're mistaken.
[/quote]
I don't think SCY is mistaken. Don't count on being allied to MK directly any time soon. But of course you all are such good friends that no treaty is necessary so...

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1289361809' post='2508975']
I don't think SCY is mistaken. Don't count on being allied to MK directly any time soon. But of course you all are such good friends that no treaty is necessary so...
[/quote]
Man you come up with a lot of !@#$.

I'm surprised people can still argue over this when the truth is so !@#$@#$ obvious. Oh wait, this is the OWF, I'm not surprised. :rolleyes:

The original reps demanded were obviously inflated. Yes, MK didn't look too good there. But either RV knows nothing about politics (and I should hope his tenure has taught him something) or he was just trying to be an instigator (something he's known for). Anyone who was actually interested in their alliance's wellbeing would have gone to the next level up, until they hit the top, before trying for public appeal. And by accepting the inflated reps, he lost his moral high ground. Going back on that is hard to excuse, no matter the circumstances. But RV was all too happy to jump the gun to get his PR weapon rather than negotiating a fair settlement. Seems like most diplomatic incidents these days are caused by a simple lack of patience and sincerity.

It just makes me wish I was in RV's place so I could do his job properly. *giggle* If he played this right, he could have had a good solution AND a fair PR weapon. That said, I do hope MK's negotiators are getting a dressing down in private for their part in this, Pip at least, a MoFA ought to know better.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1289362717' post='2508982']
Man you come up with a lot of !@#$.
[/quote]
I'll admit I'm wrong when I see an MK/Athens treaty.

And the !@#$ I come up with is better than the !@#$ you guys came up with in this thread and in RV's thread.