Imperial Announcement from the New Polar Order

Dajobo

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1287632788' post='2489330']
You're joking, right? He is one of the most humourous people I know.
[/quote]
Unless you know him better than me, I doubt it. Although I mostly knew him from when he was a diplomat to FCC when the two had a SISTER treaty still, so I know he can be funny when he wants to be and is pretty good at whatever he decides to do.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1287633226' post='2489335']
Although I can't claim to know either RandomInterrupt or Penguin well, it seems as though this is a shift of a rather great magnitude in terms of ruling styles and attitudes. Coupled with Grub back at Minister of Love, it'll be interesting to see if we see a new dynamic Polar more reminiscent of Grub's reign. Should certainly be entertaining, although I would have done unspeakable things to see Ivan back as Emperor of Polaris
[/quote]
That was just a joke. No one in their right mind would give me a sanctioned alliance. I really would launch a major war...just saying.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1287633317' post='2489337']
That was just a joke. No one in their right mind would give me a sanctioned alliance. I really would launch a major war...just saying.
[/quote]

Thats kind of my point. Give you a sanctioned alliance with decent connections and you would proceed to utterly wreak havoc. Which is something I would do unspeakable things to see :v:

That being said, good luck to Random

This is actually Random's second term as Emperor although the first one I think only lasted a few minutes. (I was still a CCCer at the time. Wasn't long after we signed the initial MDP with Polaris actually.)

In any case, I'm honestly looking forward to seeing what comes of this. :awesome:

o/ Emperor Random

Also, have a nice retirement, Penguin. I might be joining you in the old folks home in a few months. ;) (OOC: School)

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1287633508' post='2489341']
[color="#0000ff"]This is a good thing to see. While Penguin did a fine job as Emperor, I do believe he was lacking in the type of personality needed for any emperor of an Order. Random brings back that to Polaris. May only good things come of this.[/color]
[/quote]

I disagree. The only thing Penguin lacked was the time necessary to run the alliance. Penguin's ruling style certainly differed from previous Emperors, but not necessarily in a bad way.

[quote name='Uralica' timestamp='1287634245' post='2489349']
This is actually Random's second term as Emperor although the first one I think only lasted a few minutes. (I was still a CCCer at the time. Wasn't long after we signed the initial MDP with Polaris actually.)

In any case, I'm honestly looking forward to seeing what comes of this. :awesome:

o/ Emperor Random

Also, have a nice retirement, Penguin. I might be joining you in the old folks home in a few months. ;) (OOC: School)
[/quote]

Depends on your interpretation of Polar's charter. He acted with the authority of the Emperor for those few minutes but that's not necessarily the same as holding the office.

Edited by Moridin

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1287635560' post='2489368']
In my heart, I do not believe RandomInterrupt's rule will prove beneficial to NpO. I can only say good luck to them.
[/quote]

Do not be too eager to deal out judgment! Even the very wise can not see all ends. My heart tells me that Random has some part to play yet, for good or evil.

[img]http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/7756/gandalfbv.jpg[/img]

Edited by Moridin

I was half-expecting Dajabo to be emperor from the announcement. Random's term will definitely be more interesting and spiceful, and as he helped out in the NSO during its foundation and was a stalwart while we we allies, I wish him the best luck as emperor of Polaris.

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1287633226' post='2489335']
Although I can't claim to know either RandomInterrupt or Penguin well, it seems as though this is a shift of a rather great magnitude in terms of ruling styles and attitudes. Coupled with Grub back at Minister of Love, it'll be interesting to see if we see a new dynamic Polar more reminiscent of Grub's reign. Should certainly be entertaining, although I would have done unspeakable things to see Ivan back as Emperor of Polaris
[/quote]Oh, there will be a shift reminiscent of past NpO policies, but I contend that rather than it being Grub v2, it will feel like a more... absorbent time in Polaris.

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1287637664' post='2489419']
Oh, there will be a shift reminiscent of past NpO policies, but I contend that rather than it being Grub v2, it will feel like a more... absorbent time in Polaris.
[/quote]
I tend to agree with this sentiment. Considering that he served as Emperor Sponge's Regent and was the heir apparent before being denied his right to the throne I believe his style is more reminiscent of that era than anything that has existed since.

But, Emperor Random is an independent thinker and he has a strong will and mighty resolve. He will chart his own path.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1287629940' post='2489254']
As a man possessed of a arrogance, anger, antagonism, insensible aggression, and a general lack of wit, Random is indeed the epitome of what it is to be Polar.

Yeesh. For all of his unpleasant qualities, at least Electron Sponge had brains. This should be interesting.
[/quote]

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1287630062' post='2489261']
I wonder how much of the praise in this thread will actually be genuine. I imagine there will be a lot of snickering done behind hands tonight.
[/quote]
^^^^^
Two posts and I already hate this guy...

o/ Emperor Random
o/ Almighty Grub
o/ Polaris

PK