Some people take cybernation to seriously?

Sephiroth

:(

Methrage, could it be someone from RL that did this? Someone that does not get along with you and maybe shares internet access with you? Either the same terminal or something? It would be easier for someone from RL to look up our stuff because they presumably know your name and other details. For someone from CN to do it, it involves at least one more step of first discovering who you are IRL. Of course it could be someone that is in both realms.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Public records are not free from all states. Certain states such as Maryland ( Example: http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/inquiry/inquiry-index.jsp ) [b]DO[/b] post information publically and for free.

Most states do not (for free).

Hard to believe, but even if it's true you're making a huge presumption by fingering GOONS. There are many many many others who dislike you and may see you as the kind of person who would react to that kind of harassment in an entertaining way, or even just do that knowing who you'd blame and hoping it would reflect poorly on those parties.

Impero, you clearly have extremely little experience in the criminal field. Most crimes are not committed by people who are organized. The crime Methrage is suggesting sounds like a crime of passion essentially, which is the vast majority of all crimes. And yeah it's harassment. Just like breaking into your ex's apartment and leaving photos of her on her pillow is harassment, and that's the kind of crime that happens all the time.

Hope you catch whoever it is Methrage. Unfortunately SA does attract these kinds of people sometimes (I used to hate GOONS because all of my early encounters with people from SA were forum/blog hackers), but it also kinda sounds like something boy might do. God knows we've had enough of this BS around CN in the last year.

If it is a normal proxy, and not a Thor proxy. I think you will have a pretty large chance of getting his real IP address, then you can contact his ISP for his personal information(some will give it, some will say no to everything). You could than give it to Admin, or do "other things" with it (aka go to the police(Note: 90% of the times they will do nothing)).

Edited by xoindotnler

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1284537872' post='2454622']
Where I'm from, public record searches are either time consuming physical processes or cost [i]actual money[/i]. If your government takes the time to literally post pictures and information for every person charged in an area that is easily accessible, on the internet, and free of charge, I will be both amazed and horrified at the amount of free time they have on their hands.
[/quote]

The counties in Atlanta, Georgia, publish any booking publicly.

For example, one of the counties of Atlanta:
Fulton, County, Atlanta, Georgia (PM me for the link or google it, not going to post it here)

As to the amount of free time, that has nothing to do with it. When they book someone into the system on the computer system, it updates automatically and is posted in the database which displays it online.

Edited by Bilrow

[quote name='Choader' timestamp='1284541190' post='2454637']
Hard to believe, but even if it's true you're making a huge presumption by fingering GOONS. There are many many many others who dislike you and may see you as the kind of person who would react to that kind of harassment in an entertaining way, or even just do that knowing who you'd blame and hoping it would reflect poorly on those parties.
[/quote]
I never pointed the fingure directly at GOONS, I just said there is only one alliance I can of that would do this. I'm not jumping to conclusions so fast as to say this was government sanctioned or more than one person was involved if it was GOONS. This isn't fun and I wouldn't try something like this to make GOONS look bad...

Those of you accusing Methrage of liying are absolutely disgusting. What motivatiosn would he have of making these things up? You could only list IC reasons for such heinous OOC crimes that he's been attacked with. Honestly grow up.

Edit: Methrage, it's not cool to automatically assume GOONS is behind this. They've a history of not condoning such attacks as do pretty much every alliance here. It's likely a person who did this rather than an entity.

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284530743' post='2454546']
On my forum (http://kerberosnexus.com/lance/index.php) with newly registered users I have it set so I need to approve posts before they show up, but someone has been trying to spam every thread with all my personal information. Including home address, college address, my email address, web domains, arrest records (a few cannabis charges when I was younger), as well as my cell phone number and other information. I hate to imagine where else all my personal information is being posted. The IP used leads to anonymous proxy, but there is only one alliance I can think of that would be obsessive enough and have motive to even do something like this.
[/quote]
As annoying as the thread regarding your crusade against GOONS is, this is purely unacceptable and from what I can see, everyone agrees. Seek legal advice, and find out if a crime's been committed.

Edited by Karolina

Impero please tie 1 hand behind your back; the logic you are using here is baffling to the Methrage and the rest....it just not fair. :awesome:

Also Methrage, your blatant accusation that GOONS is behind this is outrageous and unacceptable but typical of your desperation and lunacy as of late.

Actually if the person found out which county Methrage lives in then its simple to find his criminal records through their county jail's website. my cousin got arrested for theft and served about 1 month in jail, once I found the website for the county he was arrested in it was a simple matter of doing a search on first , last name and birthdate to get a full list of his charges, time served, where he served his time and a mugshot.

the US kinda has it make it easy to find as employers do a backround check and need to be able to easily find out stuff.

(Also if you look up someone on that states department of corrections you can find their charges and where they were arrested / jailed )

edit: Poor show none the less whoever did it, and obligatory LOL for yet another methrage thread

Edited by Andover

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1284532789' post='2454581']
No, I'm talking as a person right now, not the member of an alliance. My comment has zero political undertones relating to this game.

I deal with fact patterns where it is necessary to determine if an offense took place literally every single day, and here the victims story does not add up. The harassing act he claims is only harmful if read by others. Therefore, if someone were to do such an act using a tool like an anonymous proxy that enables them to remain free of consequence, they would [i]not [/i]do it in a forum that is unused. It goes against the nature of the act hes claiming took place. Furthermore, false victims almost always assert that the action in question took place in a venue which only they are privy, as it gives them full control over the story at hand. When you consider that only he knows whether or not someone has actually been trying to do this combined with the fact that it defies the nature of the act to attempt this type of harassment in an area with almost zero population, common sense leads one to believe that his story has no merit.

As for a motive of frustration, there are far easier and less risky ways to frustrate someone without pushing the bounds of legality. It's counter intuitive, verging on ridiculous even, to think someone would go through all the trouble of getting his [i]arrest records[/i] only to post them where they would only be seen by him to whom they belong, simply so they can make him a little pissy.
[/quote]

In my opinion, it [i]does [/i]add up. While the story itself is, and I agree with that, unlikely, I know that in many cases of juvenile crime, (in which the crime is planned, included computer crime) the delinquency of teenagers knows borders. Especially out of frustration it is easy to proclaim "the crime", more difficult to prepare "the crime" but most difficult to actually do it. I think it is a realistic possibility that in this case the person wanted to actually announce it on a public forum, but then got afraid of the consequences, and searched for a middle way, which would be increasing pressure on M by only showing it to him. And then again, you don't know how difficult it was to get the information. You claimed it must be hard to gain these information. Usually, I'd agree. It is hard to get such information, but if this happened, I am sure, for the person who posted them, it was rather easy.

I am not sure about the U.S. but in Germany it is logged when someone searches for the crime records of persons. So, if I were you, I'd go to the police, and hope that the U.S. police doesn't use systems from 30 years ago.
That said, for searching these information at least your RL name needs to be known. So, unless someone hacked your computer, it must be a person who you trusted. (if it happened)

I wouldn't automatically call him a lier, just because the story doesn't add up for you. That's too easy.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284560398' post='2454730']
Anyways if a mod sees this I think this thread should be locked, as nothing good will come from this thread now that I think more about it.
[/quote]
I'm glad you posted it, because now I can think about whether I really want to continue playing a game alongside such sad-acts. Veering towards 'no' at the moment.

[quote name='Aimee Mann' timestamp='1284560782' post='2454735']
I'm glad you posted it, because now I can think about whether I really want to continue playing a game alongside such sad-acts. Veering towards 'no' at the moment.
[/quote]
I'm also considering the same, but I'm not deciding that right now.

I have my doubts this is evening happening. I wouldn't be surprised if it were you making this up to try to affect a certain alliance's PR. You're already trying to turn everything into something that makes that alliance look bad and failing miserably. Why wouldn't you take it one step further? I'm sorry but I just don't believe that alliance cares enough to do this sort of thing. I just don't.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1284561514' post='2454742']
I have my doubts this is evening happening. I wouldn't be surprised if it were you making this up to try to affect a certain alliance's PR. You're already trying to turn everything into something that makes that alliance look bad and failing miserably. Why wouldn't you take it one step further? I'm sorry but I just don't believe that alliance cares enough to do this sort of thing. I just don't.
[/quote]
"I'm not jumping to conclusions so fast as to say this was government sanctioned or more than one person was involved if it was GOONS. This isn't fun and I wouldn't try something like this to make GOONS look bad..."

He doesn't suggest that it's an alliance sanctioned action, or that it's more than one person acting alone, and even explicitly states that he doesn't intent to harm your favourite alliance's precious PR. So now that that's cleared up, what's Methrage's motivation for making this up?

Much like Impero and a few others, I think you're stuck in your IC persona and it's clouding your judgement. Maybe you should stop posting here until you are able to get past your in-game grudges.

ktarthan has helped in figuring out a little more to this, it seems the proxy IP has been used by a former GOONS member to post one time, but he never made an OWF account, although that user was last active in August and no longer has a nation. So I think it would be likely whoever it is has rerolled by now and causing trouble under a new identity. I don't think this action was endorsed by GOONS, instead just a pathetic individual with no life who might be a member of Something Awful and/or GOONS who decided he would do this.