An offical announcement from the Legion

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1284451710' post='2453405']
ITT: ODN claims GATO sucks. They had one too, you know. ;)
[/quote]

Sure, they had a viceroy. I doubt it was particularly good for their alliance but they've overcome it now.

Also, you seem slightly bitter towards us. Perhaps you and ShinRa could start a club, as I remember you were a big fan. :v:
[/quote]

A big fan of ShinRa? When did you get that impression? :huh: I mean, I don't mind him, but I've never had much to do with him.

ooc: the NPO hate is roleplay, don't take it personally. :P

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1284452121' post='2453409']
You mean like the Coalition of Cowards, right?
[/quote]

I'm not referring to that. The group you're referring to entered a loosing war even when they did not like the reasons, alot of them also paid reps. I think a coward would jump ships and cover it up with several reasons, one of them would be 'not liking' the reasons for war, quite an opposite trait to what you referred.

From you're response I can gauge that you did get the point :).

ITT: ODN claims GATO sucks. They had one too, you know. ;) [/quote]
One ODNista sounding off does not constitute the entirety of ODN's outlook towards Legion, GATO or Pacifica. When I was still ODN BDCC was among a decent number (incl. myself) that always hoped to somehow rebuild relations with Legion, while a similar number opposed any further links with Legion (Kalasin being a good example of this).

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1284454028' post='2453422']
One ODNista sounding off does not constitute the entirety of ODN's outlook towards Legion, GATO or Pacifica. When I was still ODN BDCC was among a decent number (incl. myself) that always hoped to somehow rebuild relations with Legion, while a similar number opposed any further links with Legion (Kalasin being a good example of this).
[/quote]

I said in my post above that although I thought Legion sucked, that I didn't mind them, and I wouldn't mind getting to know them. :P I even threw my support behind BDCC when he made a thread about it, and PMed the State department.

I really hope Legion do rebuild to their former glory one day.

[quote name='Hymenbreach' timestamp='1284388648' post='2452269']
Of course, no one seems to remember that NPO said they were going to stomp Legion members even if we disbanded (as Pez would know being MOFA and all) and so when she ran to hide behind some tigers, that left the ordinary members facing a stamp down for Swampy's actions. Where was the justice in that? How was that doing us a favour?
[/quote]

But then Pez is the monster in this story :P

Also I think some people are getting a bit ahead of themselves, Legion is not that poor oppressed individual being beaten upon by all the tough guys, it's become a mess to be ridiculed. There is no threat to be countered from either side. But there is a whole lot of needless drama.

[quote name='Frey the Great' timestamp='1284470056' post='2453490']
So many levels of butthurt here...

Thread: tldr Legion is trying to have a sense of humor about this, MK is somehow offended at anyone not taking their scientific poll serious.

We're Legion. We've seen much better trolling than is on display here. Weak.
[/quote]
Best post right here. You nailed it.

ye mean like the Coalition of Cowards, right?
[/quote]
Its funny that ye be still calling the people who actually fought very hard in that war anyway by that name but when someone mentions your past it was ages ago and ye be different now despite ye ditching your hearties and doing[u] nothing at all[/u] except watch them burn.

ye mean like the Coalition of Cowards, right?
[/quote]

Any your own fleet. Oh and I can't believe that ye made an IRC channel dedicated to this poll, legion. Just shows how much ye don't care!

Non-related OOC crap: What the hell's up with this pirate !@#$?

Edited by Mr Damsky

Lord fingolfin, last I checked, nemesis government had their own opinions.

As to legion wanting a treaty, aye they did, we got a long really well with a lot of their members and they be really nice guys. But it wasn't a viable option at the time, legion and nemesis know the reasons for this, nobody else.

Besides, only an idiot wouldn't want a treaty with nemesis.. We bring the party.

[quote name='daggarz' timestamp='1284917806' post='2458238']
Lord fingolfin, last I checked, nemesis government had their own opinions.

As to legion wanting a treaty, aye they did, we got a long really well with a lot of their members and they be really nice guys. But it wasn't a viable option at the time, legion and nemesis know the reasons for this, nobody else.

Besides, only an idiot wouldn't want a treaty with nemesis.. We bring the party.
[/quote]

I see, well I might have been mistaken, what I heard was from third parties in Gondor, I meself never spoke to anyone in Nemesis on the subject

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1284922538' post='2458296']
I see, well I might have been mistaken, what I heard was from third parties in Gondor, I meself never spoke to anyone in Nemesis on the subject
[/quote]

Not entirely mistaken. Different government members of Nemesis hold differing opinions, and mine was far more in line with what you heard, if not past that line.

I have to say I find it quite amusing that Legion didn't even have the testicular fortitude to tell their own allies why they were cancelling the treaty and tried to pass that buck onto us. Big bad Nemesis is making us cancel with you BAPS :( If any member of Legion, government official or not, had ever held any sort of conversation with me (something that you'd expect to have happened given I am, and was, a Triumvir of the alliance you were apparently so close to signing with) you would have known that I would rather have given every last unit of tech in my nation to Alterego than sign a treaty with Legion.

Alterego's confusion leads me to believe that Legion still haven't straightened things up with BAPS, so I guess I should help things along. The lack of a treaty between Legion and Nemesis was/is nothing to do with their ties to BAPS, or anyone else for that matter, it's because they are a !@#$@#$ terrible alliance.

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1284956850' post='2458715']
Legion breaking radio silence? It's about damned time I'm not the only person arguing on your behalf!
[/quote]

This explains a great deal. I cannot ignore the overlap between the particular failings of Legion and of yours.

I think anyone looking on how to improve their alliance in the short term needs to take a look at RoK and their monthly re-evaluations.

Edited by DeadAnimal

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1284922538' post='2458296']
[/quote]

Having been one of those parties, I heard a variety of opinions from different members of Nemesis government. Poyples covered that in his post.

[quote name='DeadAnimal' timestamp='1285005970' post='2459057']
This explains a great deal. I cannot ignore the overlap between the particular failings of Legion and of yours.

I think anyone looking on how to improve their alliance in the short term needs to take a look at RoK and their monthly re-evaluations.
[/quote]
Have you ever heard that you're a kind, thoughtful, person?

Probably not

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' timestamp='1284981962' post='2458844']
Not entirely mistaken. [b][u]Different government members of Nemesis hold differing opinions[/u][/b], and mine was far more in line with what you heard, if not past that line.
[/quote]
Being the third and final Nemesis triumvir to post here, I can attest that opinion was indeed divided (or at least, divergent). My experience was, although all the Legion Diplomats that popped by to chat were pretty cool, their seemingly unseverable ties of bondage to NPO made any possibility of a treaty untenable. I still wish them luck and no hard feelings.

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' timestamp='1284981962' post='2458844']
I have to say I find it quite amusing that Legion didn't even have the testicular fortitude to tell their own allies why they were cancelling the treaty and tried to pass that buck onto us. Big bad Nemesis is making us cancel with you BAPS :(
[/quote]
Ummm, nobody said that at any point.

Arbiter, who's no longer in Legion government, said that an unspecified third party wanted Legion to cancel on BAPS and Valhalla. Frankly at the time I thought he was talking out of his ass, and nobody else in Legion government ever backed him up. Said third party never materialized.