Best Protectorate you've ever had

Enrage

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DiCE turned out pretty well for a while, they are sort of inactive now.
Zero Hour did well and had a lot of great people.
Kings has probably sold us the most tech of any protectorate we've had. <3

Our protectors were of course MK with whom we later formed CnG, so yeah, MK is an awesome protector. :awesome:

[quote name='Natan' timestamp='1283990512' post='2447108']
OR, when I was in TORN.

I think that turned out nicely.
[/quote]
You know when someone who actively hates your alliance can revel in a protectorate that actively worked against its protector for a huge chunk of its existence...yeah...

We did have TMF though...despite them never getting to size, they threw it all on the line for us without hesitation. Though if I remember correctly, we never technically protected them (ODP->MDP), so we are still 0-fer in protectorates.

Edited by bigwoody

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1284013844' post='2447442']
You know when someone who actively hates your alliance can revel in a protectorate that actively worked against its protector for a huge chunk of its existence...yeah...

We did have TMF though...despite them never getting to size, they threw it all on the line for us without hesitation. Though if I remember correctly, we never technically protected them (ODP->MDP), so we are still 0-fer in protectorates.
[/quote]

Oh come now Woody, we both know things weren't always like that. Adverse interests in the waning days of treaty? Maybe. Actively working against while under protection? Certainly not. I still look back fondly on that period.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1284015638' post='2447456']
Yes, ADI...were actually an excellent protectorate.
[/quote]
I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist. [img]http://www.zuneboards.com/forums/images/smilies/giggle.gif[/img]

GLOF...well..not exactly a protectorate though. They turned out very well and one our longest standing allies in CN.

NoR....yes..we did protect them when they reformed....so they do count as a protectorate :P

Of the protectorates that remained small...or disbanded, Alliance of Neutral Armadas (ANA. One of our very first protectorates. A very level headed bunch...could have become very successful if not for the rl bug. They fought alongside us in noCB war and disbanded a few months after that.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1284015638' post='2447456']
Yes, ADI. Before things went south and Warbuck lost his mind, they were actually an excellent protectorate.
[/quote]
The RoK - ADI protectorate was one of the best i've seen, before the s**tstorm from the TPF war.
Now, talking about current protectorates.. KR are on a really good track. :wub:

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1283991799' post='2447138']
Probably Avalanche, but I've had my share of good protectorates. The best alliance I've helped find protection is probably Lone Star Republic, love those guys.
[/quote]

Thanks Bob, shame that dynamic changed through the sands of time. However, your kindness and trust placed in Avalanche when you were at GR has not been forgotten. :wub:

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1284012052' post='2447425']
DiCE turned out pretty well for a while, they are sort of inactive now.
Zero Hour did well and had a lot of great people.
Kings has probably sold us the most tech of any protectorate we've had. <3

Our protectors were of course MK with whom we later formed CnG, so yeah, MK is an awesome protector. :awesome:
[/quote]
I'm dissapointed OO did not make that list :v:

[quote name='Gamemaster1' timestamp='1284005750' post='2447360']
Argent was the best.
[/quote]

Hands down in my opinion as well. No disrespect intended to any other Protectorates, FnKa getting a big shout out here from me. But Argent were both an amazing Protectorate to work with, and they are a stand out alliance at present too.

GK

[quote name='Timmehhh' timestamp='1284036059' post='2447566']
ISSF and iFOK
[/quote]

Come on, I expected you would name TGE :( .
You were a super experienced alliance when you took them on. They had an amazing theme, a very strong government with truly strong stable characters and no internal divisions at all. :')

No seriously, I'm still wondering how it is possible the FOK - TGE treaty still exists and as an extent how in the hell it is possible that TGE still exists.

NUHyperForce were pretty good when I was in 1TF. They didn't need a lot of teaching or help other than a few things within military and fa departments as their leader was ex TDO, economically they were fantastic and were doing very well for a long time until he decided he was going to quit.