War Ends

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1282629914' post='2429030']
Read what I said closely. And yes, I know it's just an academic point to make :x
[/quote]
I mean, there was no counter proposal, true, but I am pretty sure it was made clear what would happen if the terms were rejected.

Edited by Sulmar

[quote name='Rampage3' timestamp='1282629903' post='2429029']
It doesn't mean that you won't admit wrongdoing and a beer review. In order to end a war you have to, I dunno, END the war. Too bad if you expected peace to be hand-delivered with no effort at ALL on your part.

I could have sworn in all those [OOC]movies[OOC] I never saw any Sith whine. You were tougher as a diplo Lintwad. I had hoped that after 2 weeks of war that Ivan would have issued you a pair. Apparently not.
[/quote]
So, do you not understand how words work or are you just really bad at spinning things?

We were told no terms, then 30 minutes before the scheduled end of the war we were told we had to agree to these terms.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1282628980' post='2428992']
Where I come from, "There would be no terms, we'd just walk away." does not mean "You will copy and paste these exact words that I have written for you and agree to write a beer review, or we will continue to attack you." [/quote]

See and where I come from its called surrendering.

[quote name='Rampage3' timestamp='1282629903' post='2429029']
It doesn't mean that you won't admit wrongdoing and a beer review. In order to end a war you have to, I dunno, END the war. Too bad if you expected peace to be hand-delivered with no effort at ALL on your part.

I could have sworn in all those [OOC]movies[OOC] I never saw any Sith whine. You were tougher as a diplo Lintwad. I had hoped that after 2 weeks of war that Ivan would have issued you a pair. Apparently not.
[/quote]

You mean I shouldn't take your leadership's word at face value?

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1282630058' post='2429039']
It's almost like you shouldn't have committed an act of war to begin with!
[/quote]
Kaitlin already tried derailing the conversation exactly like this on the last page. Your attempt won't go any better.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1282630058' post='2429039']
It's almost like you shouldn't have committed an act of war to begin with!
[/quote]

So it's okay for an alliance to lie about terms but not okay for an alliance to give $6.000.000 to a nation?

[quote name='KaitlinK' timestamp='1282630054' post='2429038']
[/quote]

No one is debating that NSO surrendered. I'm flat out accusing RoK of lying. You're avoiding the accusation, most likely because there really isn't any way to dodge it when the proof is right there.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1282630157' post='2429043']
So it's okay for an alliance to lie about terms but not okay for an alliance to give $6.000.000 to a nation?
[/quote]

It's not okay to give a rogue nation 6 million. >_>

Edited by Jgoods45

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1282630122' post='2429042']
Kaitlin already tried derailing the conversation exactly like this on the last page. Your attempt won't go any better.
[/quote]

Talking about the reason this war started is off topic from a thread about the war ending? Well look at that. It's almost like you're just trying to find something to complain about so you just ignore the argument against you! Who would've thought!

[quote name='Sulmar' timestamp='1282629988' post='2429035']
I mean, there was no counter proposal, true, but I am pretty sure it was made clear what would happen if the terms were rejected.
[/quote]

Made clear and "literally" are two very different things, and she used the word literally. Though in this case made clear is even a stretch, as the evidence for it is the omission of any statement to the contrary, which is a loose connection at best. But once again, just an academic point, nothing to fret over.

[quote name='KaitlinK' timestamp='1282630054' post='2429038']
[/quote]
Surrendering=/=Walking away. Hoo said White peace, with NSO just walking away. This isn't just NSO walking away. The terms, no matter how trivial, are still terms by definition, which constitutes this as a surrender, not white peace. Thank and you and come again. <.<

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1282630085' post='2429040']
You mean I shouldn't take your leadership's word at face value?
[/quote]

I'd caution against that, that is how all of this started. But if you thought you would not surrender, then you are being stupid. And your tears are delicious. And your objections are REALLY trivial and silly. And if what was offered was so horrible, you should have simply used diplomac-...on the other hand, you did what was best.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1282630157' post='2429043']
[/quote]

I do believe RoK personally wasn't asking for any terms, and since it was a joint war their ally is allowed to ask for something thus RoK did not necessarily break its promise in my opinion.

But of course people will continue to complain about a beer review. I mean they have Corinan so I really don't see why they would complain :P

[quote name='Rampage3' timestamp='1282630320' post='2429051']
I'd caution against that, that is how all of this started. But if you thought you would not surrender, then you are being stupid. And your tears are delicious. And your objections are REALLY trivial and silly. And if what was offered was so horrible, you should have simply used diplomac-...on the other hand, you did what was best.
[/quote]

Ah. Right. Diplomacy. That would be when I talk to your leader and work out an agreement right? Like what was done? Yea. Tried that. You wanted no truck with it.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1282630360' post='2429052']
I do believe RoK personally wasn't asking for any terms, and since it was a joint war their ally is allowed to ask for something thus RoK did not necessarily break its promise in my opinion.

But of course people will continue to complain about a beer review. I mean they have Corinan so I really don't see why they would complain :P
[/quote]

RoK is the alliance that presented the terms. You're not even trying here, WC.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1282630437' post='2429055']
Ah. Right. Diplomacy. That would be when I talk to your leader and work out an agreement right? Like what was done? Yea. Tried that. You wanted no truck with it.
[/quote]

Diplomacy? You mean like when an alliance leader tells you not to aid a nation who's at war with his protectorate and you do it anyway?

[quote name='rodrod' timestamp='1282630271' post='2429050']
Surrendering=/=Walking away. Hoo said White peace, with NSO just walking away. This isn't just NSO walking away. The terms, no matter how trivial, are still terms by definition, which constitutes this as a surrender, not white peace. Thank and you and come again. <.<
[/quote]

But see, this is okay. Because the only thing Kaitlink cares about and thinks that matters is money. Nevermind the war that cost billions, or what the extortion of a man's word is worth. As she says, [i]"I dont see ANY mention of reparations or demands unless of course you count the alliance crushing requirement of a beer review?"[/i]

Apparently, in this new day and age, simply not asking for reps is the new PR game. Most excellent.

[quote name='Rampage3' timestamp='1282630320' post='2429051']
[/quote]
Yes, we're bawwing simply because of the fact we're calling someone out on lying, despite this war being ostensibly about us not being smart enough to realize that everything Hoo says should be 100% taken at face value.

But perhaps you don't see the irony in that?

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1282630490' post='2429056']
RoK is the alliance that presented the terms. You're not even trying here, WC.
[/quote]

Would you prefer VE did? Of course someone has to present them, and RoK is the logical choice to. And of course they will have conferred with their allies from the war in the terms for ending the war. If their ally happened to ask for it, it would still have to be included when presented to you.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1282630498' post='2429057']
Diplomacy? You mean like when an alliance leader tells you not to aid a nation who's at war with his protectorate and you do it anyway?
[/quote]

Are we really going to argue this again? We've admitted (in several threads) the misjudgment that occurred.