Players you've always admired

The MVP

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1282487822' post='2426607']
In the case of many of the players listed already (and whose names will continue to be mentioned) there have been incidents that showed either a dark, duplicitous or otherwise objectionable side to their personality.[/quote]
Nobody's perfect. I would have thought that you of all people would understand that, what with your ridiculous and at times downright comical posting of late. Don't get me wrong - you still garner a certain amount of admiration for events long past, but I suspect that the credit earned for playing a unique role in a past war will be worn out rather quickly if you continue to play the clown all over the OWF.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Necromancer V4L' timestamp='1282445238' post='2426231']
Schattenman.

He's a class act and always entertaining.
[/quote]

I'll say Schatt too. PH was always a good role model, as is Pingu. Hrmmm, Korlus, AirMe, Vir and Laser to name a few more.

Lord Jay.. everything I know and everything I've done no matter how meager is because of him. I just wish he was around so I could've gotten more of his wisdom. I would've gone or done anything he asked in the game.

Roquentin. Started out in "another game" with him. He was a great leader there. Great leader here. Always seems to know exactly where he should be and how to deal with any given situation. Umbrella is lucky to have him.

The OWF will generally admire its own -- those who spent a lot of time wandering about on the OWF. I admire those working quietly behind the scenes, content to do a good job and not inform the world about it. Not as glamorous, but that's what makes it admirable.

There are none which I have "always admired", but as for those whom I respect, a few come to mind:
[list][*]Kaiser Martens, for helping me get oriented and lending an ear when I first joined Nordreich over three years ago.
[*]Striderwannabe, for generally being capable and an all-around good guy.
[*]Kingzog, for being a funny guy and a stupendous leader to boot.
[*]Anyone in Norden Verein in July 2008.
[*]Doitzel and Schattenmann, for producing some of the most moving and compelling treatises and propaganda likely ever to be seen on a forum for a browser-based game.
[*]Wartides, for a keen mind towards organization, and being generally humorous and approachable.
[*]Thor, for being firm and decisive in his decisions, while not being inflexible.[/list]

Edited by Vinzent Zeppelin

Bob Janova for his wisdom, he strikes me as the community sage. Electron Sponge for his bravado, he is the alpha male prototype for CN. Schattenmann for his propaganda, he proves he adage 'the pen is mightier than the sword'. Sir William for his hospitality, he is ever the gentleman. Vladimir for his intellect, he is the master of understanding.

[quote name='Vladimir' timestamp='1282494751' post='2426671']
The OWF will generally admire its own -- those who spent a lot of time wandering about on the OWF. I admire those working quietly behind the scenes, content to do a good job and not inform the world about it. Not as glamorous, but that's what makes it admirable.
[/quote]

I would have to agree with Vladamir. Those competent and diligent workers that don't require international recognition to continue with their works are the real heroes of CN.

Quite a few actually, I have learned a lot from the people I look up to, and they have shaped who I am today.

From my beginning; KA II, Flonker, ES, Ivan, Archon, Doitzel, Tyga, Chimaera and King Srqt.

Hands down, CN we've had some pretty influential players in this game.

[quote name='aboooe' timestamp='1282492811' post='2426644']
Deathangel, Tela, RossGarner, El Hefe, Khyber.

Five will do.
[/quote]

El Hefe is one of the coolest dudes i've ever encountered in CN. Excellent choice.

Really only one sticks out for me, Alfred Von Tirpitz. The man is everything and more. Just wish he'd find the old flame he used to have for this game.

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1282511561' post='2426869']
I would have to agree with Vladamir. Those competent and diligent workers that don't require international recognition to continue with their works are the real heroes of CN.
[/quote]
I'm one of these btw.