Objective of the War on NSO?

shahenshah

Greetings,

So what is the objective of the war on NSO now that it has started? What are your opinions on how this will end?

There are two important questions IMO:

1. How will it end?
2. When will it end?

What will it take for peace? 6m+6m+'my bad' to resolve the issue that sparked the war? or will there be something more? When would the war end? When will there be a willingness to end the original grievance on both side? or is there already a willingness for one side to discuss peace and other side does not absolutely wants to even 'discuss' 'peace'? Are we at that stage yet?

Do you feel how this concludes may help people manifest assumptions as to the motives of the war? Harsher terms and a longer war will lead to people believing there was more to this than just what is on the OWF, a resolution revolving around the original incident and of that scale would counter that sort of PR and the general 'Ebil Hegemony' etc.

What do you think would TENE want as it is the original grieved party at one side? I will assume TENE will have the greatest say in the resolution of this conflict than even RoK et al.

Anyway, what are your opinions?

Edited by shahenshah

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Provided NSO's allies don't get involved, I think the reps will be relatively light. This isn't a major war, NSO isn't a large alliance, and Ragnarok and friends won't take much damage from them. They can't really demand enormous reparations anyway, as NSO can't pay them.

I don't expect to see a Viceroy or anything like that either. SF aren't NPO.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1281429807' post='2409370']
Provided NSO's allies don't get involved, I think the reps will be relatively light. This isn't a major war, NSO isn't a large alliance, and Ragnarok and friends won't take much damage from them. They can't really demand enormous reparations anyway, as NSO can't pay them.

[/quote]

You do know that Viceroys are no longer able to be used by [u]anyone [/u]due to the terms of service, yes?

As for the op, I think everyone needs to sort out the logistics of how this whole war got started (the timeline of events concerning sedrick are still a bit fuzzy)

Edited by William Bonney

The objective of the war was to smash up NSO. The reality is that this war was not at all [i]necessary[/i] for RoK to achieve any advantageous outcome given the situation. They [i]chose[/i] to enter this war, at the least because they thought it would be enjoyable to smash up another alliance, and at most they entered with deeper, sinister intent.

The war will end when RoK gets bored of it, and it will end with an attempt to extort massive sums of cash and tech from the NSO.

Death to the Sith!
Let them burn in a thousand thermonuclear furnaces with the fury of a thousand suns!
Then I don't know, "peace" or something.

:(( Peace :((

I don't know though, go ask Hoo :P

Edited by James Dahl

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1281430014' post='2409372']
You do know that Viceroys are no longer able to be used by [u]anyone [/u]due to the terms of service, yes?

As for the op, I think everyone needs to sort of the logistics of how this whole war got started (the timeline of events concerning sedrick are still fuzzy)
[/quote]

ooc: I read the terms of service when I signed up to this game and they never said anything about viceroys. :unsure:

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1281430067' post='2409375']
"And remember children, the boogeyman will always be under your bed. But don't look to see for yourselves, that will make it [i]really[/i] mad!"
[/quote]

I'm not afraid of the NPO. I'm simply pointing out that the NPO imposed viceroys on the alliances they defeated.

[/quote]

You do know that's entirely untrue, yes?

As it is, provided nothing big changes (save from someone's NS), I'm hoping for a beer review as terms for NSO.

Edited by potato

As for the op, I think everyone needs to sort out the logistics of how this whole war got started (the timeline of events concerning sedrick are still a bit fuzzy)
[/quote]

Not true.
The rules don't forbid viceroys, they forbid using real life things as spoils of war. Root forum access is giving someone control over an actual forum. This is like demanding something in RL as part of the terms. The viceroy could create a temporary forum, hereby completely avoiding this rule.

[quote name='leprecon' timestamp='1281430570' post='2409386']
Not true.
The rules don't forbid viceroys, they forbid using real life things as spoils of war. Root forum access is giving someone control over an actual forum. This is like demanding something in RL as part of the terms. The viceroy could create a temporary forum, hereby completely avoiding this rule.
[/quote]
Aha! You're already planing ahead, Pepsi hegemony!!!

[quote name='leprecon' timestamp='1281430570' post='2409386']
Not true.
[/quote]
Well yes but who says the members actually have to use it? :blink: Only way that would work is if the members used both forums, and we all know how well that would work.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1281430067' post='2409374']
The objective of the war was to smash up NSO.
[/quote]

I feel that still remains to be seen, if the war starts to drag on now, then I suspect alot of people will go with the line of 'there was something more to this than just 6m and a rogue situation', generally what you are suggesting.

What if there is peace tomorrow? What if the terms are
- Rogue responsible for 6m,
- NSO responsible for 6m Heft sent
- The apology that everyone takes very seriously.

Would you still feel that there was something more to this then the rogue and TENE? I wouldnt.

Another thing to raise is, are both sides willing to discuss peace now? 6m+rogue is not really an 'epic' issue where war drags on for week(s) or month(s) so if both sides are unwilling to discuss and resolve this situation, I'll only say -.-

[/quote]
There has been a viceroy from an SF alliance, thought you should know. Infact a significant proportions of viceroys in history have been from alliances that fought against NPO's side in Karma, thought you should know this too.

Edited by shahenshah

This needed another thread.

It did, I wanted to post in it. The objective of the war was to protect a rogue and act on an act of war. We did that, we're happy. We'll be even happier if more join the party.

Edited by Acca Dacca

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1281430817' post='2409391']
The man holding the gun to your head, obviously.
[/quote]

Exactly the same type of posts everyone was crying about the NPO doing pre karma. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. When the time comes karma stops trotting out gibberish about how evil NPO was and realizes they are in fact no better, come and see me.

[quote name='caligula' timestamp='1281431317' post='2409398']
But seriously, we wait all this time for a war and one day later already talking about peace ;)
[/quote]

Thank you.

Now everyone wait awhile and get back to this topic.

[/quote]

Can we please go one topic without the mention of NPO. One topic, please?

Edited by silentkiller

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1281431664' post='2409402']
My opinion is NSO will have to formally surrender (yes, the "s" word!), pay reparations for the money they sent to the rogue and apologize. It's really far too early to be talking about this, though.
[/quote]

Why do you think its far too early? Assuming the terms that you set are willing to be met?

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1281430255' post='2409381']
I'm not afraid of the NPO. I'm simply pointing out that the NPO imposed viceroys on the alliances they defeated.
[/quote]
Yes, you are doing so in a blatant attempt to continue painting the current power structure in some kind of messianic light relative to when the oh-so-evil and terrifying NPO was dominant. The funny thing is, pretty much the only thing you have left to make this point with is viceroys, and as has been mentioned they are largely unworkable now. Add that to the fact that SF alliances used viceroys in the past when they were able to be implemented successfully, and your argument is starting to sound quite hollow indeed.